X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why do they have $6 million in assets?
    Why do they have $600,000 in salaries for a volunteer-based organization?
    $666,000 on ODP? Sounds like a pretty disproportionate expense for only a tiny fraction of its members.
    What are the $72,000 in expenses paid for their $0 salary board members?
    Who is getting a 401(k) on FYSA's dime?
    $691,000 in TRAVEL? Travel for who to where?
    Who are the mysterious independent contractors earning $389,000?
    Why over $100,000 spent on Southern Regionals?
    What is FYSA BUCKS ($111,000)?

$1,692,357 in cash. That's more than most drug dealers.
    $1,769,350 in mutual funds. Is this the youth soccer association or the hedge fund association?

IS THERE A BORED LAWYER WITH A LOT OF FREE TIME WHO CAN TAKE THESE CRIMINALS DOWN? IT WOULD BE MORE FUN THAN TROLLING TEENAGERS!

http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990...969.1435090445
    There are 13 employees that are paid approximately $530K or an avg of $41K each. That is less than $20 an hour. Staffing cost is more than reasonable, probably too low. You can't run a multimillion dollar organization without employees.

FYSA collects fees from ODP participants for all sessions including open training sessions ($50), tryouts ($50), pool training ($200), and team training & regional camp ($650). I am sure these fees cover the $660K in expenses incurred by the ODP program.

There are employees and they are getting benefits (401K, health insurance, etc.). Employee benefits are around 14% of salaries which is really low given the low wage costs.

FYSA should be paying the travel and other out of pocket expenses for board and committee members that attend meetings. They may not get paid for their time, but it is certainly customary to pay their expenses.

Independent contractors probably include, teachers and trainers.

This type of organization would have high travel costs. It is not a web based operation.

The expense you really should question is insurance, $543K. That is a lot (14%) on $3.8MM revenue. My guess it is to cover the clubs participating in the FYSA sponsored leagues in addition to FYSA sponsored events such as ODP, field training, etc. Then it is reasonable within the litigious environment we are in. You should be bitching about lawyers for this one.

Comment

"f...y...s...a"

No one forces you to join a team aligned with the evil FYSA, go play rec at the YMCA if you think FYSA is so corrupt.
      I agree, good points, afterall who needs the YMCA when you already have the FYSA. Now let's all sing together:

"Soccer man, there's no need to feel down....I said, soccer man, pick yourself off the ground.....
      It's fun to stay at the F....Y...S....A...
      It's fun to stay at the F....Y...S....A"

Comment

There are 13 employees that are paid approximately $530K or an avg of $41K each. That is less than $20 an hour. Staffing cost is more than reasonable, probably too low. You can't run a multimillion dollar organization without employees.

FYSA collects fees from ODP participants for all sessions including open training sessions ($50), tryouts ($50), pool training ($200), and team training & regional camp ($650). I am sure these fees cover the $660K in expenses incurred by the ODP program.

There are employees and they are getting benefits (401K, health insurance, etc.). Employee benefits are around 14% of salaries which is really low given the low wage costs.

FYSA should be paying the travel and other out of pocket expenses for board and committee members that attend meetings. They may not get paid for their time, but it is certainly customary to pay their expenses.

This type of organization would have high travel costs. It is not a web based operation.

The expense you really should question is insurance, $543K. That is a lot (14%) on $3.8MM revenue. My guess it is to cover the clubs participating in the FYSA sponsored leagues in addition to FYSA sponsored events such as ODP, field training, etc. Then it is reasonable within the litigious environment we are in. You should be bitching about lawyers for this one.
        Damn... facts, logic, and reasoning on TS.....

Comment

Congratulations, you just ruined the bitchers and moaners day!

Comment

Congratulations, you just ruined the bitchers and moaners day!
            But I'm still mad because we didn't make fspl! Waaaaaah!!

Comment

What a politician! Still avoiding the direct question! What are those employees doing all day?

And why are your numbers dramatically different than the tax return?

Comment

What a politician! Still avoiding the direct question! What are those employees doing all day?

Why don't you go join another league or actually have an audit done? You just look like an idiot whining on ts. Seriously, either be part of the solution or go somewhere else.

Now, if it is actually a person from fysa posting in response on ts, well you're an idiot too. You can provide all the facts in the world and people will find some way to pick it apart with half truths and misinformation. You are only giving a stage or platform for these disgruntled passive aggressive people. Maybe some are on to something, but most of the people on here have too much time on their hands and just like to bitch.

Now what would happen if there were no fysa, if it were somehow disbanded for wrongdoing? It can't just be coming on ts and feeling good about leaving the best anonymous comment about how bad fysa is on ts message board. What would your solution be if there were no fysa?

Comment

The figures in the return support my analysis. What don't you think agrees?

I don't know what the employees do all day. But I am sure the association gets their money's worth out of them.

How much experience do you have with business management. What kind of a staff do you think the FYSA needs to operate? What is a fair wage?

Comment

The figures in the return support my analysis. What don't you think agrees?

I don't know what the employees do all day. But I am sure the association gets their money's worth out of them.

How much experience do you have with business management. What kind of a staff do you think the FYSA needs to operate? What is a fair wage?
                    Between all my kids I have been involved with FYSA for the last 18 years and never had a problem with them. They run soccer in the State of Florida. Someone needs to do that and they do a pretty good job. If you really want something to bitch at and someone to audit go after AAU instead. That's more corrupt than the federal government.

Comment

FYSA is worst than FIFA

Between all my kids I have been involved with FYSA for the last 18 years and never had a problem with them. They run soccer in the State of Florida. Someone needs to do that and they do a pretty good job. If you really want something to bitch at and someone to audit go after AAU instead. That's more corrupt than the federal government.
                      For your information, few years back a now decease FYSA president got over $ 1,000,000 in a so called sponsorship agreement.
                      That money was never reported to IRS and further more it was used to build the new office at Orlando. Since the FYSA president was dead, no one was aware of from where the money come from.
                      We have other presidents and Treasurers after that and everyone was aware of this but they keep it a secret

Ask Tommy Thompson, Marino Torrens, and some of the ex members of the Executive Committee and you will see.

They are corrupted

Signed
                      A past executive board member that was against all that lies

Comment

Finally, an insider. Please give us more. Are there really any naive people that believe FYSA is not corrupted? Really now. Corruption in big business. What a shocker!!! But at the expense of our kids, that's shameful.

Comment

For your information, few years back a now decease FYSA president got over $ 1,000,000 in a so called sponsorship agreement.
                          That money was never reported to IRS and further more it was used to build the new office at Orlando. Since the FYSA president was dead, no one was aware of from where the money come from.
                          We have other presidents and Treasurers after that and everyone was aware of this but they keep it a secret

Ask Tommy Thompson, Marino Torrens, and some of the ex members of the Executive Committee and you will see.

They are corrupted

Signed
                          A past executive board member that was against all that lies
                          So because you say some dead guy was supposedly corrupt, FYSA is today?

Comment

So because you say some dead guy was supposedly corrupt, FYSA is today?
                            I heard Jimmy Hoffa is buried under the FYSA headquarters.

Comment

LOL I would love to be a fly on the wall at headquarters though.

Comment

LOL I would love to be a fly on the wall at headquarters though.
                                I have kids in multiple sports and all traveling all over the place. Somewhere I read a post about AAU. You want corrupt and complete disorganization try AAU. I am very very pleased with FYSA and US Club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X