Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    For anyone interested, just Email Boomer for the real story, its not all shock n' awe as being painted on this board. TS Koolaid parents trying to throw shad on the club.
    Boomer is the last person to ask for a reasonable truth

Comment

He got fired in front of all the new prospects at the ID clinic?
      Poor form

Comment

Yea just tell us the real story
        Right? This board is anonymous. Why be vague?

Comment

Right? This board is anonymous. Why be vague?
          Agreed, there is more to this than he was canned at an ID clinic for "soccer reasons".

Comment

What other coaches were let go?

Comment

What other coaches were let go?
              Who said other coaches were let go? One coach, three teams

Comment

Who said other coaches were let go? One coach, three teams

Man all these firings at the Ukies... whos gonna replace these coaches
                Firings? Who else was fired

that was written earlier in the thread

Comment

I'm predicting some "mommy ball" is in play here. Let's see who can figure it out!

Comment

Originally posted by guest View Post
                    i'm predicting some "mommy ball" is in play here. Let's see who can figure it out!
                    ding ding ding

Comment

I'm predicting some "mommy ball" is in play here. Let's see who can figure it out!
                      …..”mommy ball” means the same thing as “daddy ball,” right?

Comment

…..”mommy ball” means the same thing as “daddy ball,” right?
                        Correct

Comment

Yea just tell us the real story
                          I am a parent at this said club and this thread is polarized from both sides. While I was not present when the discussion was had, I heard it was simply approached as the club wants teams/players exposed to different voices, not a perpetual parent coach. As teams move into transition years, this presents opportunities for teams to work under the leadership of a new voice that may help develop their games different, hopefully for the better, to become well rounded players. Having the same consistent coach year upon year, just because its a parent of a girl on the team is not the best path for long term development. Young players need to be exposed to other voices. That was the who intention of this move, to change things up for these teams. Coaching of other teams within the club was mentioned, but it sounded like he only wanted to coach his kids. I am not sure where "Soccer Reasons" came about, but it was more or less about coaching assignments for the upcoming 2023-2024 season and club management wanting to expose these teams to new voices, which I holey support. Parent coaches can be great, but that should not mean you have a tenured position for the next decade.

Comment

Death. Taxes. Ukies coaching turnover.

Comment

I am a parent at this said club and this thread is polarized from both sides. While I was not present when the discussion was had, I heard it was simply approached as the club wants teams/players exposed to different voices, not a perpetual parent coach. As teams move into transition years, this presents opportunities for teams to work under the leadership of a new voice that may help develop their games different, hopefully for the better, to become well rounded players. Having the same consistent coach year upon year, just because its a parent of a girl on the team is not the best path for long term development. Young players need to be exposed to other voices. That was the who intention of this move, to change things up for these teams. Coaching of other teams within the club was mentioned, but it sounded like he only wanted to coach his kids. I am not sure where "Soccer Reasons" came about, but it was more or less about coaching assignments for the upcoming 2023-2024 season and club management wanting to expose these teams to new voices, which I holey support. Parent coaches can be great, but that should not mean you have a tenured position for the next decade.
                              soccer reasons - meaning development and all that. Issue with your explanation is that they just hired a parent coach for boys a year younger. So will they fire him next year?

Comment

soccer reasons - meaning development and all that. Issue with your explanation is that they just hired a parent coach for boys a year younger. So will they fire him next year?
                                Players will be exposed to different coaches. Only JN and team can run through the exact tenor guidelines and limits on years with a team. But as a parent, this makes perfect sense to me. The 2013 girls team was being run by two parent coaches including a head coach that had been with them since inception. Moving to 9v9 next season is a perfect opportunity to expose these players to a different coach, different voice, different style. That will make them more well rounded as they progress. So many top tier clubs work off this same model, look at Delco and PF were you are looking at 2yr max tenors with a team, maybe maybe 3, at the young age groups. Older team do tend to have longer tenors from time to time, but not the 7v7 and 9v9 zones.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X