X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on this?

Comment

ECNL president never said anything about a definite change. Only that they are pushing for a change for 25/26. This would be across all leagues not just ECNL. They are working with the governing bodies to make it happen.

Comment

US soccer sent out a survey asking about BY and if they think it’s effective and would they want to switch to school year. My club sent us a questionnaire asking families about it.

Comment

Total bullsh|t… Yes. My premis stems from the overall lack of competitiveness in NorCal teams across various leagues such as ECNL, GA, ECRL, NPL in national club competitions. Given the player talent pool here, there must be some common denominator or running theme among all these clubs regarding this phenomenon. NorCal definitely has quality players at each of their respective levels, but these players seem to be dispersed and have a hard time coming together - even at the top clubs in the area. Again, the reason for this is explained above.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            Total bullsh|t… Yes. My premis stems from the overall lack of competitiveness in NorCal teams across various leagues such as ECNL, GA, ECRL, NPL in national club competitions. Given the player talent pool here, there must be some common denominator or running theme among all these clubs regarding this phenomenon. NorCal definitely has quality players at each of their respective levels, but these players seem to be dispersed and have a hard time coming together - even at the top clubs in the area. Again, the reason for this is explained above.
            Changing to grad year or school year will elevate the level play. You take the best Aug to Dec 2010 mixed with the best Jan to July 2011s and the game just got better. Anyone who really wants top level competition would be in favor of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Changing to grad year or school year will elevate the level play. You take the best Aug to Dec 2010 mixed with the best Jan to July 2011s and the game just got better. Anyone who really wants top level competition would be in favor of this.
              Are you saying that simply making each team effectively 5 months older will have a big impact across the board ? Interesting. Never really thought about it that way.

Comment

So I won’t reveal myself but I did get some answers from the higher ups at ecnl . They indeed were thinking about the switch back . Talked it over with USYS . Usys was clear in the stance that they are not changing back . ECNL then got major push back from bigger clubs within that have more ecnl then usys teams that they are not in favor and so on . Ecnl has since switched there stance on this with it being to much now . They will release in Jan that they are not . You talk to anyone who means anything they will tell you same . Take it for what it is but it’s not happening. .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X