Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I wonder how much time the college coaches will actually spend with their teams. I can't see them being at many games, certainly in the fall. Who will coach those games? These coaches are gone every other weekend, many times leaving on Thursdays. This will leave much frustration among the parents. No doubt about it.
    Yet if you try and post this reality on BOTN it never shows up. I wonder why? :)

Comment

I must be missing something.

1) NYCSL: https://www.nyclubsoccerleague.com/h...ASON=FALL+2016

2) WYSL Premier: http://www.westchesterpremier.org/

I don't see any Surf teams listed. It's not important as the leagues have not officially posted their divisions. Where are the registered teams listed?
      They are listed on EDP as well - looks about 20 teams.

Comment

They are listed on EDP as well - looks about 20 teams.
        Where's the EDP link? the EDP website shows they're still taking applications. Only teams listed are from this spring

Comment

http://maps.gotsport.com/clubsite/Le...?EventID=53136

I'm only seeing 10 teams accepted.

???

Comment

http://maps.gotsport.com/clubsite/Le...?EventID=53136

I'm only seeing 10 teams accepted.

???
            I don't think that's the final list. EDP still taking applications

Comment

I don't think that's the final list. EDP still taking applications
              Also multiple clubs have no teams listed at all, clubs that have been in EDP for years and I know will be again next year.

Comment

Also multiple clubs have no teams listed at all, clubs that have been in EDP for years and I know will be again next year.
                Agree.

What I don't get is the bare bones NY Surf site. Surely putting teams and coaches up would show progress and help with PR.

Comment

Agree.

What I don't get is the bare bones NY Surf site. Surely putting teams and coaches up would show progress and help with PR.
                  Think they can't keep up with the promises and hype. They throw names around, but will leave a lot of the teams short of the roses. That's what you get when you believe the biased BOTN garbage.

Comment

Think they can't keep up with the promises and hype. They throw names around, but will leave a lot of the teams short of the roses. That's what you get when you believe the biased BOTN garbage.
                    The downward slide started with the ex-WNT player who was concerned about tarnishing her reputation and declined NY Surf.

Where are the imported all-star coaches Surf promised?

Comment

The downward slide started with the ex-WNT player who was concerned about tarnishing her reputation and declined NY Surf.

Where are the imported all-star coaches Surf promised?
                      Is this true? Who is the ex-WNT player? Thanks.

Comment

Does it matter? First, being an former player doesn't guarantee good coaching. Second, Surf promises have all fallen flat. This is just one of many laughable flops

Comment

The mid-April conversation was about the marquee ex-WNT player Surf was courting. Tons of hype. Larry on April 16: "...the person they hope to snag on Monday is a marquee name, and should have this board lite up like a night game at Yankee Stadium."

Then this from Larry on May 22: "Yes, however that candidate did not work out. The club is still insistent on getting a DOC of high quality and those relationships take time. The candidate also has be comfortable that his/her 'good name' is not tarnished."

Odd wording and omission if you ask me.

No one said who the ex-WNT player was but a good guess would be Christie Welsh. She was hired in early May by Match Fit, which fits the time frame of the above Larry snippets.

It could also explain why MF got a GDA.

Comment

That is a very good question. What is going on at Surf that would cause someone to pause and consider their "reputation" and its potential tarnishing??

Comment

That is a very good question. What is going on at Surf that would cause someone to pause and consider their "reputation" and its potential tarnishing??
                              More likely the candidate saw it was shaky venture just getting off the ground. It could wind up being great, or it could go the opposite direction. If it was that person mentioned chances are they saw MF as a more stable entity. SD Surf is a good club, no doubt about it. But this is basically a franchise operation - how many clean Dunkin Donuts have you been to vs dirty ones? It all depends on who is running the show locally.

Comment

Surf is running some "open practices" at the Stony Brook P-Lot fields. I also saw Mark Nash giving a thumbs up to some Surf stuff on facebook.

I can't see Mark Nash leaving Stony Brook, but perhaps Larry's "big news" related to Sachem was something more along the lines of Stony Brook switching over from NY Rush to Surf? Or at least the P-Lot becoming the new home field for the eventual NY Surf tournament? That would throw a huge wrench into the tournament that is jointly run by Stony Brook, Sachem and West Islip.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X