Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    A few started out with Sting in Westchester. Then Scattered. His core group with at their height of success in 2013 at Stallions. I guess the pressure of a good team didn’t him in
    They started in arsenal moved to fc sting then to nj crush then to Stallions

SC does not like authority or rules. They are made for everyone else just not him

His buddy Neil couldn’t stand him
    As his boss at Stallions

Let’s see how long before he and Tim go at it

Comment

They started in arsenal moved to fc sting then to nj crush then to Stallions

SC does not like authority or rules. They are made for everyone else just not him

His buddy Neil couldn’t stand him
      As his boss at Stallions

Let’s see how long before he and Tim go at it
      Tim will be gone by the end of the year. It’s a shame too.

Comment

Tim will be gone by the end of the year. It’s a shame too.
        And this is just a prediction or he felt the need to tell you over a beer?

Comment

err yes .. several. GB,AP...JW at Harvard...Shall I go on? Ivy is a great option but a kid who is going to be a force at a powerhouse should be capable of dominating in the Ivy League. None of these players have.

NO kid deserves the verbal abuse. If you cant get your point across without bullying then GTFO.

The fact you seem to condone it is exactly the issue. if you think abuse= success you are lost. If you think you cant deliver a negative message without abuse, your are lost. If you think abuse makes those players try harder, your are lost.
          Coach abuse comes in more than just verbal bullying. Some of it surfaces through abusive posts on anonymous forums.

Comment

And this is just a prediction or he felt the need to tell you over a beer?
            Do you think Mr Cryer will be ok playing second fiddle to Tim? Especially now that Mrs Cryer and baby are dependent on him? You really don’t know what you have under your roof do you?

Comment

Do you think Mr Cryer will be ok playing second fiddle to Tim? Especially now that Mrs Cryer and baby are dependent on him? You really don’t know what you have under your roof do you?
              I, like you am not even an STA parent — like most here. I am sure you will claim you are warning everyone...but no one that will benefit even reads these posts. The only one who reads this is Dom, maybe he can call Tim and warn him.

Comment

I see a lot of misleading info in this thread.....
                Speaking of abuse. I do not know a single successful ECNL coach who does not abuse the players that are on the bubble either. I know a lot of unsuccessful coaches that are nice and supportive.
                Horrible post. Challenging is one thing; abuse is something completely different. And, I don't mean yelling/constructively. We all do it. Kids need to toughen up and so do parents when yelling is constructive.

But, I know a lot of SUCCESSFUL coaches (in all the leagues) that are nice, supportive and outstanding people/coaches. It's a character choice not a flaw.

Comment

Horrible post. Challenging is one thing; abuse is something completely different. And, I don't mean yelling/constructively. We all do it. Kids need to toughen up and so do parents when yelling is constructive.

But, I know a lot of SUCCESSFUL coaches (in all the leagues) that are nice, supportive and outstanding people/coaches. It's a character choice not a flaw.
                  When SC does it - its bullying, and when you do it, its completely different.

Comment

How come Match Fit Girls can’t seem to win any games in the ECNL?
                    Lol

Comment

How come Match Fit Girls can’t seem to win any games in the ECNL?
                      Lol
                      Dont worry by U16 they bring in a lot of external talent and start winning. Why coach and train when you're the only team in NJ with ECNL that has no issue rotating talent.

Comment

Dont worry by U16 they bring in a lot of external talent and start winning. Why coach and train when you're the only team in NJ with ECNL that has no issue rotating talent.
                        Thankfully I have some years before U16, but if my daughter ever goes to MF the ONLY reason will be to get D1 looks. Other than that I see zero reason to go there. If she turns out to be less than a D1 player then there's no need. If the DA actually turns itself around and is a better option than ECNL, then there's no need. And there is certainly no need to pay Dom a cent when between now and U16 there's really nothing MF cares about other than your $$$

Comment

Thankfully I have some years before U16, but if my daughter ever goes to MF the ONLY reason will be to get D1 looks. Other than that I see zero reason to go there. If she turns out to be less than a D1 player then there's no need. If the DA actually turns itself around and is a better option than ECNL, then there's no need. And there is certainly no need to pay Dom a cent when between now and U16 there's really nothing MF cares about other than your $$$
                          if you have plenty of years, then use them to educate yourself. Put her in whatever environment she enjoys the most and learns in. If she enjoys it enough to work hard and improve to the level required for D1 - there is MASSIVE variance withing D1 btw - then you will not need to go somewhere to "get looks"

Comment

if you have plenty of years, then use them to educate yourself. Put her in whatever environment she enjoys the most and learns in. If she enjoys it enough to work hard and improve to the level required for D1 - there is MASSIVE variance withing D1 btw - then you will not need to go somewhere to "get looks"
                            here is a list of coaches for the showcase
                            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...&headers=false

Comment

How much does Match Fit cost?

Comment

How much does Match Fit cost?
                                It doesn’t matter. The costs for clubs on the surface are all about the same. Whether it’s PSA, sta, CSA, pda or MF the entry cost is 3k +- 400 bucks. It’s probably about 1/3 of overall cost.

Then you have to add:
                                - uniforms (CSA has cheapest)
                                - coach travel
                                - extra sessions (most clubs have mandatory extra sessions that will set you back $1200 to pay for coaches BMW)
                                - your own travel

Depending on team strength, and ability to showcase (eg for MF you have to be player 1-3 to land on your feet)
                                If you are player 1-6 on a good team - it’s a great investment. If you are 7-11, be careful. If you are 11+ and end up in ECNL regional team, or play 10 minutes a game. It’s probably a missed opportunity.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X