Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    After reading all these posts.Why would anyone want there kid to play on a Match Fit when there are so many other alternatives .

Agreed. I dont know why the owners don't see what a sham Bucci puts on. Its a shame if they could replace Bucci with someone with integrity Matchfit might be able to become a decent option

Comment

Not one positive post here about Matchfit. Thats saying something

Comment

Match Fit

Yes the consensus is pretty much unanimous . Match Fit seems to be a very poorly run club With very little in the realm of coaching and development to offer its players.

Comment

Match Fit

Agreed. I dont know why the owners don't see what a sham Bucci puts on. Its a shame if they could replace Bucci with someone with integrity Matchfit might be able to become a decent option
          Who are the owners of Match Fit?

Comment

Who are the owners of Match Fit?
            I think Dominick Bucci and Jordan Raper own Match Fit.

Comment

Matchfit

Also keep in mind that most regular posters to these boards are disgruntled exes. I am sure Matchfit has some problems, but they seem to put decent teams on the field every year. The girls we've seen were competitive and sportsmanlike so the training can't be terrible. Maybe a few issues with parents on the sideline, but nothing walking away from them didn't cure.

I'd be curious to hear from someone who went through the program for 2 years or more, I know some of the girls have been there since U10 and met one or 2 last year at a PDP tournament.

The questions I'd ask are, how many girls from the U10 team are still here at U14, how many head coaches/ trainers have you had since then and what is the price.

Comment

I think Dominick Bucci and Jordan Raper own Match Fit.
                No. They don't. Too stupid to own it

General Information:

Founded: March 2000 by John R. Calcaterra, Malcolm Murphy and Jeff Parker
                Mailing Address: PO BOX 4376, Brick, NJ 08723
                Email Address: info@matchfitacademy.net
                Web Address: www.matchfitacademy.net

Club Contact: John R. Calcaterra
                Title: Co-Founder/Director of Operations
                Email Address: jcalcaterra@matchfitacademy.net

Club Contact: Malcolm Murphy
                Title: Co-Founder/Technical Director/Director of Coaching & Player Development
                Email Address: mmurphy@matchfitacademy.net

Club Contact: Chris Leahey
                Title: Executive Direct
                Email Address: cleahey@matchfitacademy.net

Comment

Also keep in mind that most regular posters to these boards are disgruntled exes. I am sure Matchfit has some problems, but they seem to put decent teams on the field every year. The girls we've seen were competitive and sportsmanlike so the training can't be terrible. Maybe a few issues with parents on the sideline, but nothing walking away from them didn't cure.

I'd be curious to hear from someone who went through the program for 2 years or more, I know some of the girls have been there since U10 and met one or 2 last year at a PDP tournament.

The questions I'd ask are, how many girls from the U10 team are still here at U14, how many head coaches/ trainers have you had since then and what is the price.
                  Doubt you saw any Matchfit girls at PDP because Matchfit doesn't allow it.
                  Matchfit brings in talent they dont develop. Girls who want to play ECNL and PDA or WC arent options end up at Matchfit

Comment

Not sure people are disgruntled exes but giving you their honest opinion. You cant begin to give an opinion unless you've had experience with them. I for one have not had any of my kids in their program. We came close a few times but Bucci is hard to talk to. He is so full of himself I cant stand talking with him.. I currently know people there in multiple age groups and I know many that have left there. I wouldnt say the ones that left are disgruntled but do feel that they were lied to and screwed over. I also do know some happy families there and thats because their kids are standout players so they get special treatment. The average players who need help developing get the shaft...So how does this make for a good club that develops kids? It doesn't. It makes for a lot of unhappy former parents that leave because they won't stand the nonsense.
                    Oh, and take a look at the revolving door of coaches. No good coach stays there for long. Its a shame because they brought in Meredith Rooney who is an excellent coach but she wont last because Bucci turns people off.

Comment

Doubt you saw any Matchfit girls at PDP because Matchfit doesn't allow it.
                      Matchfit brings in talent they dont develop. Girls who want to play ECNL and PDA or WC arent options end up at Matchfit
                      I absolutely did. Between the practices, the tournament and the camp I saw a few. I also saw girls from PDA, WC, STA and Stallions. Between talking to the parents, seeing the backpacks/ tee shirts there was no doubt. I mostly can't tell one player from the other but I recognize the parents.

Comment

Not sure people are disgruntled exes but giving you their honest opinion. You cant begin to give an opinion unless you've had experience with them. I for one have not had any of my kids in their program. We came close a few times but Bucci is hard to talk to. He is so full of himself I cant stand talking with him.. I currently know people there in multiple age groups and I know many that have left there. I wouldnt say the ones that left are disgruntled but do feel that they were lied to and screwed over. I also do know some happy families there and thats because their kids are standout players so they get special treatment. The average players who need help developing get the shaft...So how does this make for a good club that develops kids? It doesn't. It makes for a lot of unhappy former parents that leave because they won't stand the nonsense.
                        Oh, and take a look at the revolving door of coaches. No good coach stays there for long. Its a shame because they brought in Meredith Rooney who is an excellent coach but she wont last because Bucci turns people off.
                        I don't begrudge anyone their opinion, my daughter's club has seen many girls leave unhappy, badmouth the club only to return when they realize that there are problems everywhere. My experience with them has been positive, but none of my kids have ever played there so I base it on the teams they put on the field, the attitude of the players and parents etc. The other problem is the abundance of bad trainers in the tri state area who somehow find a hook and clubs get stuck with them, I think people get so used to bad trainers that when a really good one comes along none of the parents recognize them and the other coaches feel threatened. I will keep an eye out for Rooney, I'd love to see more women coaching here.

Comment

Match Fit is a poorly run club whose only goal is to bring in money .!
                          They do not care about development or your kid. They care about the bottom line and what have you done for us lately in terms of your club/coaches fees .
                          It’s about money money money at Match Fit. Don’t be fooled to think otherwise .
                          They are a big business and you are revenue to them.

Comment

What is going on with the coaching at Match Fit?The current training she is receiving is abysmal at best and way dated. This isn’t the 1980s. Soccer in the USA has progressed rapidly since then but obviously not at Match fit.

Comment

What is going on with the coaching at Match Fit?The current training she is receiving is abysmal at best and way dated. This isn’t the 1980s. Soccer in the USA has progressed rapidly since then but obviously not at Match fit.
                              Very few qualified coaches to handle all of their teams. Like others have said before they don't really develop talent, they bring in players that already were trained elsewhere. They will take your money though and tell everyone on social media how good they are and how development is top priority

Comment

Match Fit has become a Ponzi scheme where the average player pays for everything but the better players don’t pay at all. Wonder why your paying so many fees for Match Fit. Well they have to get the money from somewhere to pay for the top kids who don’t pay anything. Next time you pay a tournament fee or coaches fee ask around and you will see not everybody pays there equal share.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X