Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NWSL Semifinals Preview: Casey Stoney, ‘It’s not gonna be an easy game [but] I 100% believe in my team’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NWSL Semifinals Preview: Casey Stoney, ‘It’s not gonna be an easy game [but] I 100% believe in my team’

The San Diego Wave may not have played as recently as their upcoming semifinal opponent OL Reign, but they’ve got the momentum of winning the National Women’s Soccer League Shield, hosting the semifinal, and the potential of playing in a home final on their side. Wave head coach Casey Stoney and midfielder Jaedyn Shaw were available ahead of the big matchup and spoke about the game.

Although the momentum is with the Wave, Stoney said she firmly believes that the pressure is actually on the Reign “because of the amount of time they’ve been around and been able to establish themselves.”

“We know that they’re a very good side. They’ve got exceptional talent. Megan Rapinoe being one of them, [has] been a world-class player and I have a huge amount of respect for what she’s done in the game, for the game, and about the game. It’ll be a very, very competitive game at the weekend,” Stoney remarked.

Access the best women’s soccer coverage all year long

Start your FREE, 7-day trial of The Equalizer Extra for industry-leading reporting and insight on the USWNT, NWSL and beyond.

Subscribe

Existing Users Sign In Here

More...
Working...
X