Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Impressive college coaches list for the Ukies ID clinic on May 26. I can see why players are flocking to Ukies. Do they allow all of the new players for next year to attend - like all of the uncommitted bucks 06 team?
    It must be open for any player regardless of club per NCAA regulations

Comment

Impressive list of GAs and volunteer assistants

Comment

Impressive college coaches list for the Ukies ID clinic on May 26. I can see why players are flocking to Ukies. Do they allow all of the new players for next year to attend - like all of the uncommitted bucks 06 team?
        it doesn't matter if they attend - be real, the coaches are only there to see the 07's

Comment

Ukies doesn't care about the rules - it is all about the 07's

Comment

Lol. It isn’t. But thanks for the laugh.

Comment

Lol. It isn’t. But thanks for the laugh.
              Then every coach that goes will lose their job and they all know it. All Ukies need do is refuse any other kid entry and every coach in attendance will be looking for a new gig.
              Youth soccer clubs are stupid, just not that stupid.

I will be happy to call Compliance of any college in attendance if they refused a kid from another club entrance

Comment

Then every coach that goes will lose their job and they all know it. All Ukies need do is refuse any other kid entry and every coach in attendance will be looking for a new gig.

I will be happy to call Compliance of any college in attendance if they refused a kid from another club entrance
                Ha. You are an idiot. But go for it. My kid will be there. Good luck.

Comment

Let me save you some embarrassment. It’s a scrimmage. College coaches can come watch games, practices, etc. What they can’t do is hold their own ID clinic and refuse a player.

Comment

Let me save you some embarrassment. It’s a scrimmage. College coaches can come watch games, practices, etc. What they can’t do is hold their own ID clinic and refuse a player.
                    This is true

Comment

This is true
                      It's advertised as a College ID session with coaches in attendance. No coach will risk their job. It's a clear violation if everyone isn't allowed to attend. Ukies know this too and they won't turn anyone away. They just hope no one else shows up

From their FB page

The Ukies Girls College ID session is coming up fast and we have 60+ college coaches attending on May 26 at 6:30. We could not be more excited for the opportunites these programs are providing for our Ukies!
                      Here is the list of colleges attending our ID Event so far.
                      College Coaches still wanting to attend, pleaes sign up through the link in our bio.

Comment

It's advertised as a College ID session with coaches in attendance. No coach will risk their job. It's a clear violation if everyone isn't allowed to attend. Ukies know this too and they won't turn anyone away. They just hope no one else shows up

From their FB page

The Ukies Girls College ID session is coming up fast and we have 60+ college coaches attending on May 26 at 6:30. We could not be more excited for the opportunites these programs are providing for our Ukies!
                        Here is the list of colleges attending our ID Event so far.
                        College Coaches still wanting to attend, pleaes sign up through the link in our bio.
                        The camp is owned and operated by the Ukies. Only camps owned and/or operated by the school or member of the school must allow anyone to attend.

It's all found in by-law 13.12 of the NCAA manual.

Comment

The camp is owned and operated by the Ukies. Only camps owned and/or operated by the school or member of the school must allow anyone to attend.

It's all found in by-law 13.12 of the NCAA manual.
                          ​Wrong again. No Compliance officer at any college would allow a coach to attend a closed clinic. The clinic will be open to all who wish to attend. If Ukies doesn't allow this they are putting every coach who attends at risk. Like I said they may be stupid, just not that stupid.

13.12.2.3.8 Noninstitutional Privately Owned Camps/Clinics -- Sports Other Than Baseball, Basketball, Football, Softball and Women's Volleyball. In sports other than baseball, basketball, football, softball and women's volleyball, an institution's athletics department personnel may serve in any capacity (e.g., counselor, guest lecturer, consultant) in a noninstitutional, privately owned camp or clinic, provided the camp or clinic is operated in accordance with restrictions applicable to institutional camps (e.g., open to any and all entrants, no free or reduced admission to or employment of athletics award winners, publicly advertised at least 14 days before the first date of the camp or clinic).

Comment

​Wrong again. No Compliance officer at any college would allow a coach to attend a closed clinic. The clinic will be open to all who wish to attend. If Ukies doesn't allow this they are putting every coach who attends at risk. Like I said they may be stupid, just not that stupid.

13.12.2.3.8 Noninstitutional Privately Owned Camps/Clinics -- Sports Other Than Baseball, Basketball, Football, Softball and Women's Volleyball. In sports other than baseball, basketball, football, softball and women's volleyball, an institution's athletics department personnel may serve in any capacity (e.g., counselor, guest lecturer, consultant) in a noninstitutional, privately owned camp or clinic, provided the camp or clinic is operated in accordance with restrictions applicable to institutional camps (e.g., open to any and all entrants, no free or reduced admission to or employment of athletics award winners, publicly advertised at least 14 days before the first date of the camp or clinic).
                            I think most of the confusion is the incorrect interpretation of the statement "athletics department personnel may serve in any capacity". The college coaches attending aren't serving in any capacity, they are merely showing up to watch prospective student athletes. Think of it like a showcase tournament: a non-institutional endeavor, in which college coaches attend. Just like an ECNL showcase, or GAL showcase. If you're not in those leagues, you can't attend. No issue whatsoever with the "open to any and all entrants" qualifier.

What I do find interesting is this: It's hard to imagine that recruiting budgets at women's soccer programs are sufficient enough to send staff from all corners to the country to attend effectively an intra-squad scrimmage. Unless other clubs are in attendance (which I don't know if they are), this is really not a cost effective way of recruiting, and leads me to believe that the list of attendees is exaggerated, or the event will be filmed and shared with the registrants.

Comment

I think most of the confusion is the incorrect interpretation of the statement "athletics department personnel may serve in any capacity". The college coaches attending aren't serving in any capacity, they are merely showing up to watch prospective student athletes. Think of it like a showcase tournament: a non-institutional endeavor, in which college coaches attend. Just like an ECNL showcase, or GAL showcase. If you're not in those leagues, you can't attend. No issue whatsoever with the "open to any and all entrants" qualifier.

What I do find interesting is this: It's hard to imagine that recruiting budgets at women's soccer programs are sufficient enough to send staff from all corners to the country to attend effectively an intra-squad scrimmage. Unless other clubs are in attendance (which I don't know if they are), this is really not a cost effective way of recruiting, and leads me to believe that the list of attendees is exaggerated, or the event will be filmed and shared with the registrants.
                              Showcases, ie games and tournaments, actually have their own section. Once it is advertised as a ID event, which they did do, then these rules apply as it changes the classification of what the coaches are attending. If they are there in any capacity it has to be open to everyone. They may have shot themselves in the foot by advertising an "ID Event" rather than just inviting coaches to a practice or game. Either way Ukies would be dumb to keep it closed because if only 1 AD or compliance person has an issue, the consequences are really strict for the college and every player in attendance. Its just not worth the risk which is why no compliance officer would allow it.
                              I suspect that if they did open it up less than 10 kids from outside the club would show, again begs to question why risk it.
                              These types of open ID events hosted by clubs are very common in other parts of the country and they are always open to anyone who wishes to attend. The reason they are getting such a huge turnout is ECNL at PDA is the next day so most if these coaches are already traveling to the area.
                              With all the fighting between the local clubs it would be insane to close it and risk the sanctions. For what a handful of outside players showing up?

Comment

They’re getting paid. It’s about $150 for most schools and the bigger programs they’re pay travel and close to $500 a day. Was a former college assistant and this is how we usual get money to our GAs and volunteer assistants. Lets them go travel have fun make connections but we didn’t send them to these events to recruit. Not talking bad on JN. This is great for the 80% of the girls who are D2/D3 players since that’s who actually recruits at these events but don’t think a paid assistant from Syracuse is coming for free to recruit from scrimmages.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X