Radnor Soccer Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JH wouldn't beat top high-school in PA, let's not get carried away.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Hopkins undergraduate enrollment is bigger than most of the Ivy League schools. Yet, somehow they are D3 school, except lax but is understandable considering that they are from MD.
      Enrollment has nothing to do with sports divisions. It’s all about the resources a school is willing to allocate to athletics. Hopkins only cares about lacrosse.

Comment

How did this thread turn into JH:)

Comment

Kids that get into Hopkins don’t particularly care what you think on who can beat them. Your knowledge on Hopkins or their athletics leaves much to be desired. If my kid went to Hopkins, soccer would just be the icing on the cake. You have rocket scientist graduating from there.

Priorities on this message board are so asinine .

Comment

This is insane how can someone be so clueless

Comment

This is insane how can someone be so clueless
              The top club teams in PA may beat JH or any other D3 school, but probably not any high schools. Pretty much every sport, the top high school or club teams would be a majority of d3 schools in their respective sports.

Comment

The top club teams in PA may beat JH or any other D3 school, but probably not any high schools. Pretty much every sport, the top high school or club teams would be a majority of d3 schools in their respective sports.
                No club team is beating National Champions 23-0-2 JHU. Look at their roster, transfer from Rutgers, Peruvian YNT, ECNL national champions, USYS National champions, etc…. Some of you are clueless about the level. Insanity that goes on here

Comment

Enrollment has nothing to do with sports divisions. It’s all about the resources a school is willing to allocate to athletics. Hopkins only cares about lacrosse.
                  Than most of the Ivies should be in division 3 considering how little resources they allocate to the athletic.

Comment

No club team is beating National Champions 23-0-2 JHU. Look at their roster, transfer from Rutgers, Peruvian YNT, ECNL national champions, USYS National champions, etc…. Some of you are clueless about the level. Insanity that goes on here
                    So, why they are still in D3, obviously they allocated a lot of resources into the sport in order to attract all these kids. So the argument about resource allocation doesn't hold the water. JH enrolment is as big as almost half of the other schools in the Centennial Conference combined.

Comment

You win the internet for the dumbest comment yet.

Comment

JHU would beat 2/3rds of the D1 schools. Everyone thinks the D1 is UNC, Duke or Florida. Most of D1 doesn't play anywhere near that level. The biggest difference when speaking of playing level is depth. D3 really only has 2 conferences with any depth, UAA and NESCAC. While D1 has about 7 or 8

Comment

So, why they are still in D3, obviously they allocated a lot of resources into the sport in order to attract all these kids. So the argument about resource allocation doesn't hold the water. JH enrolment is as big as almost half of the other schools in the Centennial Conference combined.
                          You do understand that the D-I transfers were just average D-I players, but when moving to D-III they became better than average? This JHU team would be a lower level D-I program at best, and top level club teams would smoke JHU, as top level club teams would smoke most D-I programs. This isn't a knock on the players or program. Would JHU be able to play with lower level D-I programs, sure.

Comment

You do understand that the D-I transfers were just average D-I players, but when moving to D-III they became better than average? This JHU team would be a lower level D-I program at best, and top level club teams would smoke JHU, as top level club teams would smoke most D-I programs. This isn't a knock on the players or program. Would JHU be able to play with lower level D-I programs, sure.
                            This isn't unique to women's soccer either. The top club/travel teams in any sport would beat the majority of D3 schools.

Comment

No chance Union allows another MLS next team (or any club for that matter) to play out of the WSFS complex, sorry but not even close to true. They may rent out the old YSC once Union moves though.
                              Sorry, but its 100% true

Comment

This isn't unique to women's soccer either. The top club/travel teams in any sport would beat the majority of D3 schools.
                                There are over 400 d3 soccer programs, 413 on men's side 441 on women's. But JHU is not # 320 they are always in the top 5. Most of their transfers were starters at their schools but came to JHU for the reputation of the school/ masters program.
                                Even D1 has a big drop off once you get to the 75th ranked team or so. It's why there are so many blowouts in the tournament. D3 has blowouts into the 2nd round because it lacks the depth of D1. D2 is similar to d3 on the womens side on the mens its almost all internationals playing at the top schools and they too would rank just outside of the power 5

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X