X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Guest View Post

I agree about Hopkins. They recruit differently than other D3’s. At the very least they should be playing Mid-Major D1 in my opinion.

The PA teams will never stack up nationally to the big power houses out there and that’s ok. We are who we are.

I don’t know how PSC once again gets brought up in a completely different thread and gets 0 positive feedback. They did win a championship, regardless of league. It still counts as a championship in PA record books. Can’t deny that. I’m sure it wasn’t as easy as we all think either. Sometimes you need a little luck on your side to win everything.
    JH happend to be able to pick up COIVD-19 5th year D-I transfers. They will go back to being just another program after the 5th situation goes away.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

NCAA should not allowed Hopkins to compete in D3.
    Ukies lol, sure

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I agree about Hopkins. They recruit differently than other D3’s. At the very least they should be playing Mid-Major D1 in my opinion.

The PA teams will never stack up nationally to the big power houses out there and that’s ok. We are who we are.

I don’t know how PSC once again gets brought up in a completely different thread and gets 0 positive feedback. They did win a championship, regardless of league. It still counts as a championship in PA record books. Can’t deny that. I’m sure it wasn’t as easy as we all think either. Sometimes you need a little luck on your side to win everything.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

My alma mater Johns Hopkins won the D3 women's championship which I am proud of, but no one is going to confuse our women with UCLA nor do even the lowest D1 schools pay us attention (although we could definitely beat some).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

You PF folks really believe you have the only game in town. Delco, Bucks, Ukies, PA Classics, PDA South, SJEB, Sporting DE all put kids in D-1 schools on a regular basis. Like everyone, I see all of the announcements at our club (Delco) when kids commit. It's not unique to PF.

Also, getting on a team and playing/contributing doesn't always line up. Sure, there are some great success stories and some solid players in NCAA soccer from PF, but many kids also fall into the category of transferring, being four-year bench players, or quitting altogether. It's a very siloed and inaccurate view to think that's the only club producing D-1 players.

Plus, no matter where you play, you must first have the grades to get into any "elite" academic school.
    I am not a PF parent and am not a fan of many I have met, but the discussion was Sporting DE vs. PF. No one can say those two are in the same universe. I agree Bucks, Delco and Ukies are in that world but Sporting is not.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

You PF folks really believe you have the only game in town. Delco, Bucks, Ukies, PA Classics, PDA South, SJEB, Sporting DE all put kids in D-1 schools on a regular basis. Like everyone, I see all of the announcements at our club (Delco) when kids commit. It's not unique to PF.

Also, getting on a team and playing/contributing doesn't always line up. Sure, there are some great success stories and some solid players in NCAA soccer from PF, but many kids also fall into the category of transferring, being four-year bench players, or quitting altogether. It's a very siloed and inaccurate view to think that's the only club producing D-1 players.

Plus, no matter where you play, you must first have the grades to get into any "elite" academic school.
    I am not sure what exactly you mean by "the grades" but my D's team has an avg SAT score about 200 points below the school average with a couple top players around 400 below school avg.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Sure, once in blue moon, that's why I said in my comment "Almost all".
    Again, if your daughter is top talent and she wants to play a top D1 soccer program or get into an elite academic school, PF is her best option.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

PSC Coppa 05 just won nationals, I know NOT ENCL or GA but they still won their national level and they are from PA
    My alma mater Johns Hopkins won the D3 women's championship which I am proud of, but no one is going to confuse our women with UCLA nor do even the lowest D1 schools pay us attention (although we could definitely beat some).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

PSC Coppa 05 just won nationals, I know NOT ENCL or GA but they still won their national level and they are from PA
    No offense to them, but we all know beating teams from Utah, Wisconsin, Missouri, Minnesota and a B team from Texas are not how you become relevant on a national level. If PF, Delco and Bucks all decided to drop down to USYS then PA would have plenty of national championships, but that wouldn't make us nationally relevant as no one cares about the lower level leagues.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Doubt there’s a GA component to this new club. My money is it’s only MLS Next.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

When? I just went back 5 years and not only see no Girl's ECNL (or DA) national champs from PA, but don't even see a finalist. I am sure a team from PA has won at some point, but we are not relevant on a national level currently. I don't want to hear about the younger PF teams who are now starting to beat PDA Blue, those are only 2010s and 2011s that are at that level and who knows if it's sustainable.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

PA has won national championships with a number different clubs over many many years. PA are just fine and has more than enough big clubs. Community clubs are just as important.
    When? I just went back 5 years and not only see no Girl's ECNL (or DA) national champs from PA, but don't even see a finalist. I am sure a team from PA has won at some point, but we are not relevant on a national level currently. I don't want to hear about the younger PF teams who are now starting to beat PDA Blue, those are only 2010s and 2011s that are at that level and who knows if it's sustainable.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Again, if your daughter is top talent and she wants to play a top D1 soccer program or get into an elite academic school, PF is her best option.
    I am not denying PF is the top option, just that Sporting would be suitable for almost all players and you will get exposure. One downside is GA travel is much worse than ECNL for a lesser product.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Meh, they just had a girl sign with Nova and several others sign with D-1 schools last year and more on the way this year. That's the Kool-Aid talking. PF is not the be all, end all for getting seen.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Almost all high level girl players from New Castle County play for PF. You can spin it any way you want, but if you want to play D1 you better make that trip to West Chester.
    Meh, they just had a girl sign with Nova and several others sign with D-1 schools last year and more on the way this year. That's the Kool-Aid talking. PF is not the be all, end all for getting seen.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X