X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lol middle school rankings + in a year of anything but normal
    hey, it's the best system we got. and the normal doesn't matter to the YSR algorithm the same way it does with the gotsoccer points. more games definitely helps but YSR seems to hold up pretty good even in covid times.

seriously go look up your team and have a look at the rankings vs your competition. at U13 and U14 it really is pretty good.

and to be clear there is no _award_ for rankings here but I still think they are useful to do thinks like evaluate a tournament for competitiveness.

Comment

Just going to leave this here....

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/socc...bs-april-2021/

Comment

If you want to make sure your club maximizes its chances of making the Top 100, please ensure that your teams’ results are up-to-date in YouthSoccerRankings.US.

Comment

Scorpions didn’t make the cut.

Comment

Scorpions didn’t make the cut.
            Not surprising mostly ECNL clubs. Most of the clubs in the GA tournament arent on this list.
            3rd rate tournament at best

Comment

My daughter is not on the 07 NEFC team but I have seen them play. That is a very good team that moves the ball better than most 07 teams that I have seen. Better ball movement than all the NE teams I have seen. My daughter plays ECNL which is great but I do not assume that NEFC sucks because they are shut out of ECNL. Regardless of the league they play in, do you actually think that most of those 07 players will not play D1? You people should get a life.

Comment

Not surprising mostly ECNL clubs. Most of the clubs in the GA tournament arent on this list.
                typical fanboy response

1. generalize from the top 100 list to fit pre-existing opinion
                2. ignore the fact that the top 100 list is clubs that is an aggregate of team rankings plus magic juice added by editors
                3. profit

what use is there looking at "club" rankings? do you even know how they are aggregating? are they combining both boys and girls side? is that useful? (maybe if you have both a boy and a girl? idk)

(yes I know it is just a way to validate the ENCL-is-the-best-everyone-else-sucks narrative without actually looking at individual teams where there is much more variation)

Comment

and it isn't even true. at least on NEFC's bracket 3 of the 4 teams are in the top 100

TSJ Virginia 18
                  NEFC 39
                  SC Wave 73
                  Chicago FC -missing-

And from MA... FC Stars on the list but Scorpions not. Select on the list.

But again this generalizing at the club level isn't helpful for anything beyond bragging rights for the fanboys. Have at it!

Comment

Huge GA showcase down in North Carolina this weekend. Good luck to NEFC U-13’s and U-14’s. Here is hoping for a 6-0 record in the showcase.
                    So much for that. 0-0-1 after one game.

Comment

So much for that. 0-0-1 after one game.
                      More classic fanboy. Reply to a trash post as if it wasn't trash.

1-2 loss! Fire the coach. When are the Stars tryouts?!?

Comment

Yep. Tophat still #3 club in country despite the ECNL bullies keeping them out.

Comment

Yep. Tophat still #3 club in country despite the ECNL bullies keeping them out.
                          Great looks like tophat amd fcv will be scooped up by ECNL before long... then what for GA??

Comment

Great looks like tophat amd fcv will be scooped up by ECNL before long... then what for GA??
                            Says who? Both have been successful in GA, GDA and still door shut. Tophat was part of ECNL board, top 4 in ECNL and GDA/GA and still no love for possible return.

Comment

My daughter is not on the 07 NEFC team but I have seen them play. That is a very good team that moves the ball better than most 07 teams that I have seen. Better ball movement than all the NE teams I have seen. My daughter plays ECNL which is great but I do not assume that NEFC sucks because they are shut out of ECNL. Regardless of the league they play in, do you actually think that most of those 07 players will not play D1? You people should get a life.
                              No, actually I don’t think most of those players will play D1. First, NEFC and GA are on a downward slide for quality and most D1 coaches know that. Looking at recent commits for 04’s and 03’s from NEFC, I expect no more than 1/3 to 1/4 of that team to actually make it through the recruiting gauntlet to D1.

1/4 to 1/3 of that team will turn over in the next 2 years, with some going ECNL, some getting cut or leaving due to lack of play time and some just deciding college soccer isn’t as high on the list as other interests. What’s left, by U17, maybe 1/3 make it. Not bad, but not the level of Stars ECNL.

Comment

No, actually I don’t think most of those players will play D1. First, NEFC and GA are on a downward slide for quality and most D1 coaches know that. Looking at recent commits for 04’s and 03’s from NEFC, I expect no more than 1/3 to 1/4 of that team to actually make it through the recruiting gauntlet to D1.

1/4 to 1/3 of that team will turn over in the next 2 years, with some going ECNL, some getting cut or leaving due to lack of play time and some just deciding college soccer isn’t as high on the list as other interests. What’s left, by U17, maybe 1/3 make it. Not bad, but not the level of Stars ECNL.
                                #nefcoverrated

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X