Fciac girls 2024

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not force a full year sit out. You can transfer for the education and just sit out a full season. Practice etc but not games? That would eliminate a lot of the non sense. A bunch of this recruiting crap is taking away from the performance St Joes players did outside of the the players always mentioned?

Comment

They already have a 1/2 season sit out for ciac to ciac transfers from after soph-senior year. Choate hopkins etc are not ciac controlled Schools so nothing can be done about those. A full year will never happen. Kids can go to whatever school they want.

get used to it for college. Non atop college transfers now. Your kid is set to finally start next year and then bam four transfers and your kid is back buried deep on the bench. Most d1 teams bring in several new transfers to start every year now. Many are one year grad transfers

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        They already have a 1/2 season sit out for ciac to ciac transfers from after soph-senior year. Choate hopkins etc are not ciac controlled Schools so nothing can be done about those. A full year will never happen. Kids can go to whatever school they want.

get used to it for college. Non atop college transfers now. Your kid is set to finally start next year and then bam four transfers and your kid is back buried deep on the bench. Most d1 teams bring in several new transfers to start every year now. Many are one year grad transfers
        Comparing high school and college is apples and oranges. 90% of the athletes in high school won’t even play college athletics. In college you made the decision and all teams play under same rules. If you look up CIAC recruitment process. St Joes has been at breach multiple times. Jack pretends he doesn’t recruit but has his players reach out. Look at those rules. Many states had this issue and finally fixed it. Junior and senior transfers for sports is a joke. They getting NIL money?

Comment

Exactly the goalie from New York hates her school and found St Joes in Trumbull so odd she plays on Pino’s world class team. What a coincidence

Comment

Guess what NIL money is legal. That will come some day.

Comment

Guess what NIL money is legal. That will come some day.
              I’m preparing a robust Pino for release next fall. I have no intention of paying NIL.

Comment

You didn’t answer question my assumption you would be pissed. Martin, Spangler, and Reid if they had the option to would do it and torture St Joes. Your a school that goes and plays against public. I hope your following the issue. I’m not one of these people who said St Joes couldn’t compete at LL I knew they would just like I know all of these private schools can. Get out of the public system it’s dumb, but you have the advantage so response will be GET OVER IT. Enjoy your photo op in 2024 weirdos
                SJ gives the rest of the FCIAC something to aspire to. “Staples beats SJ!” has been done before and could happen again. Jack has set the bar high for his teams and welcomes competition. If talented kids from other FCIAC schools could go to one school, I’m sure Jack would say “bring it on.” Playing against a powerhouse team like SJ makes the FCIAC the strongest conference in CT.

Comment

SJ gives the rest of the FCIAC something to aspire to. “Staples beats SJ!” has been done before and could happen again. Jack has set the bar high for his teams and welcomes competition. If talented kids from other FCIAC schools could go to one school, I’m sure Jack would say “bring it on.” Playing against a powerhouse team like SJ makes the FCIAC the strongest conference in CT.

they’re only a powerhouse because they consolidate talent. That’s where your bravado is unwarranted. SJ has a systemic advantage nothing more. It’s no different than a ecnl team playing a travel team. Nothing the travel team ever does, no training, no level of effort will ever match the ECNL team. So you’re not a really a powerhouse bc if you played other teams that consolidate talent Sj would get smoked. You’re kind of just “cheating” the system to trophy hunt.

Comment

So JN got away with the NY kid because she wasn't CIAC? Because as of the summer he had no top GK. Yeah, tell us that isn't cheating. The only people who think any of this is ok are StJ (or ND) families and coaches - and I bet some are just as disgusted by it as the rest of us are.

Comment

Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy

Comment

So JN got away with the NY kid because she wasn't CIAC? Because as of the summer he had no top GK. Yeah, tell us that isn't cheating. The only people who think any of this is ok are StJ (or ND) families and coaches - and I bet some are just as disgusted by it as the rest of us are.
                        Kids can go wherever they want. Period.

Comment

Sure they can, for academics. That doesn't mean they should be allowed to play or the team should play against teams that can't recruit. JNs huge mistake was bringing in a junior who lives an hour away and out of state. 99.5% of juniors would never leave their HS and friends without promises made. 99.5% of families wouldn't make that time commitment without promises made, let alone to a mediocre school while driving past half a dozen much better schools on the way. No one thinks that's normal. No one thinks bringing in older ringers is ok.

Comment

Not true at all based on CIAC rules

Comment

I truly think people are missing the point. The CIAC enables transfers for academic, financial hardships, incidents that force the child to change schools or logistics. It’s has and will never be to fill weaknesses in rosters or to build super teams. There is zero issue with private schools getting incoming freshman. Never has never will be, but upper class junior and senior transfers is looked at completely different. Over the last two years St Joes and a couple other private schools have blurred the lines and it was not completely addressed because coaches did not want to ruin seasons. (Late to the game). This year any junior or senior transferes will be looked at under microscope. This is starting to become an even bigger issue across all sports and let’s be real it’s high school. if it is under that premise the coaches will decline play. Yea kids can move but not to build super teams or fill a coaches gap “recruiting”. I know parents on private school team and they completely understand the situation

Comment

I truly think people are missing the point. The CIAC enables transfers for academic, financial hardships, incidents that force the child to change schools or logistics. It’s has and will never be to fill weaknesses in rosters or to build super teams. There is zero issue with private schools getting incoming freshman. Never has never will be, but upper class junior and senior transfers is looked at completely different. Over the last two years St Joes and a couple other private schools have blurred the lines and it was not completely addressed because coaches did not want to ruin seasons. (Late to the game). This year any junior or senior transferes will be looked at under microscope. This is starting to become an even bigger issue across all sports and let’s be real it’s high school. if it is under that premise the coaches will decline play. Yea kids can move but not to build super teams or fill a coaches gap “recruiting”. I know parents on private school team and they completely understand the situation
                                I actually think you’re still missing the point. Any kid at a private school can transfer at any point. Still not cheating. Like a previous poster said, you should be thanking them for not being there all 4 years. Geez could you imagine that team??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X