Titans/Western WA Surf creating tournament charges weeks AFTER the tournament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titans/Western WA Surf creating tournament charges weeks AFTER the tournament

I got an email from Marlon saying we had to pay fees for the surf cup they ran at Starfire. No mention of this before the tournament now they want to charge weeks after the tournament has finished.

How is this even legal?

Is this trying to recoup costs because the tournament was a failure because 90% of teams were titans.

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    I got an email from Marlon saying we had to pay fees for the surf cup they ran at Starfire. No mention of this before the tournament now they want to charge weeks after the tournament has finished.

How is this even legal?

Is this trying to recoup costs because the tournament was a failure because 90% of teams were titans.
    Sounds like something that needs to be reported to the state attorney general’s office for consumer affairs

Comment

How is this even legal?

Who is ‘we’? Are you part of a titans team or another team? Are you a coach or a team manager? Or are they trying to bill individual families?

Comment

Most tournaments cost money. Most teams distribute the costs to the families. What makes this scenario different?

Or is this simply a troll trying to harass WWS?

Comment

Who is ‘we’? Are you part of a titans team or another team? Are you a coach or a team manager? Or are they trying to bill individual families?
          They are trying to bill individual families weeks after the tournament is over with no comme or hint that it would cost. Tournaments are normally included in fees, additional tournaments are always asked beforehand if we want to participate

Comment

Most tournaments cost money. Most teams distribute the costs to the families. What makes this scenario different?

Or is this simply a troll trying to harass WWS?
            I agree but normally, like every other business, you are told of costc beforehand. This was automatically put in our calendars with no communication that they would cost. My guess, the tournament failed and now they are trying to recoup costs from families.

Comment

This is by far the most desperate post on this forum.

Jeez, just take your dribble up ball that you paid for and go home. Oh wait…

Comment

How is this even legal?

As a Titan/Surf parent you are just figuring out your for profit club is run solely to enrich it's owner? All you have to do is read the Google reviews from the past year with any comments like "The only thing you can do is complain only to be disregarded because ......... they already have your money"

Buyer Beware

Comment

Have 2 kids in surf who participated at Copa Surf. Have not been billed, something suspicious about the OP. Rory?

Comment

Surf family here and we were not asked to pay, but know other families that got that email.

Comment

Tournaments cost money and are not normally included in annual fees. How is this surprising?

Comment

Tournaments cost money and are not normally included in annual fees. How is this surprising?
                        It's surprising when families are asked to pay post factum for the crappy tournament they would not have attended if they were asked pay for it.

Comment

Checked my junk folder and I indeed had an email from Marlon. If I don’t pay by today I’m going to get charged an extra $25. What a scam!

Comment

How is this even legal?

Dumbest parents on the block.

Comment

Dumbest parents on the block.
                              Adams awake early

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X