Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    As for the Colombia game, your point is mine as well. What I meant is that the US team was not lacking in athleticism as they were faster, stronger, bigger. The problem for our men was that they lack in skill and tactical awareness, which Colombia has. This allowed Colombia to "clearly be the better team and look much more confident on the ball."

I'm not surprised that you misread... everyone seems to mix comments of superior athleticism with skill.
    OK understood. My soccer IQ is not great. But when I watch a game pairing one team with faster kids, the faster team often looks more skilled as they aren't as hurried to move the ball. When I see two evenly matched teams play at the higher levels the game often looks a little ugly because speed and skill are very similar. When I watched Columbia and US it looked like to me Columbia team was faster to the ball and calmer when in possession. I equated that to better team speed allowing time for better decision making. I.E. we aren't good or fast enough. All the coaching in the world won't fix that.

Comment

Slow dumb athletes compete against smart creative talented fast athletes...this is why US Soccer sucks donkey b$$#.

Comment

Us soccer is terrible. Got so owned by Spain....lame ***** report in the US... watchable elsewhere. Yawn.

Comment

So bored by all the ECNL, GDA, blah blah blah... Getting this topic back up top: Portugal and Chile have the best athletes. That's why they won their respective cups this summer.

Comment

So bored by all the ECNL, GDA, blah blah blah... Getting this topic back up top: Portugal and Chile have the best athletes. That's why they won their respective cups this summer.
            This is a girls forum and USA always wins because we have the very best female athletes.

Our best males athletes don't play Soccer, except perhaps on a video game.

Comment

Right.....

Comment

Trump plays soccer

Comment

But only ....

Trump plays soccer
                  But only in his fantasies, with an Eastern European women's team....

Comment

Soccer is weak here but not always must it be so

Comment

Trump plays soccer
                      Bill Clinton comes home with a goat. Hillary asks "where are you going to keep it." He says "in the bedroom." She asks "what about the stench?" He replies "well I got used to it, so I am sure the goat will too."

Comment

Soccer is a weak sport for weak US athletes. PERIOD.

Comment

the #1 sport for kids 5-18 in this country is soccer. That is a fact.

The #1 sport on the planet is soccer and that is a fact.

more and more top athletes are playing soccer than ever before. that is a fact. Is it all of the top athletes? no, and it never will.
                          #1 retail store in the US is Walmart. Doesn't make it quality...Idiot.

Comment

Just because kids that are not "elite" play soccer doesn't make them less important. All kids matter and a culture of separatism and tiered play in soccer or any sport does nothing for the net well being of these kids long term. Be kind.

Comment

that is the exact reason we the US is behind in education and so many other things. Don't dare tell me child his is not as good as others a tiered system is not good for my child because he will feel bad if others are better. Get over it. Not everyone is great at everything. Time for you to do some parenting and help your child thru dissappointment. It is part of life and so is competition. You compete for things your whole life. For grades in school at sports for College acceptance for jobs. It is much better to teach your child how compete and understand how to lose and comeback and compete again. You would rather not compete because little johnny or susie might feel bad if they are not the best. You are child a disservice.

Comment

Competition isn't always healthy ya know....Can't we have fun and enjoy the sport and beauty of this game without winners and losers?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X