Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    For those of you who have seen the '00 Nemesis and Seattle United teams quite a bit, whats the best way to beat these teams? A player or two to watch for? Just overall really good teams? Other insights?

A yokel parent here from Idaho (Nova) that has to come back to Seattle for the U13 NWCL finals. The Nemesis team has given us a tough time, though one half of our pool was able to trip them up during the Seattle NWCL weekend. We've never played the SU team.

btw...the NWCL finals format is a nightmare for those of us who have to spend another $1000 to travel. There's only one semi final game and potentially one finals game. We could very easily be shelling out $1000 for one soccer game....in Seattle...probably in the rain... If we had the chance to play the other 3 teams with a potential finals game...that would be great. Even if we lost we'd get some great competition. But potentially one game...thats a bit rough.

What about the Eastside Team from Oregon? Did you forget to mention them or are they an easy win for your team?

Comment

What about the Eastside Team from Oregon? Did you forget to mention them or are they an easy win for your team?
      Not really concerned.

Comment

For those of you who have seen the '00 Nemesis and Seattle United teams quite a bit, whats the best way to beat these teams? A player or two to watch for? Just overall really good teams? Other insights?

A yokel parent here from Idaho (Nova) that has to come back to Seattle for the U13 NWCL finals. The Nemesis team has given us a tough time, though one half of our pool was able to trip them up during the Seattle NWCL weekend. We've never played the SU team.

btw...the NWCL finals format is a nightmare for those of us who have to spend another $1000 to travel. There's only one semi final game and potentially one finals game. We could very easily be shelling out $1000 for one soccer game....in Seattle...probably in the rain... If we had the chance to play the other 3 teams with a potential finals game...that would be great. Even if we lost we'd get some great competition. But potentially one game...thats a bit rough.
        all three other teams play direct and are very efficient at it. Overall depth, speed and athleticism goes to Seattle U and Eastside Timbers with FCSC holding and Ace up their sleeve with one of the best players in the age group. I would say that you guys (Nova) played pretty good soccer (both teams) and should be happy with where your girls are. They played good soccer and were successful at doing it......... Congrats!

Comment

all three other teams play direct and are very efficient at it. Overall depth, speed and athleticism goes to Seattle U and Eastside Timbers with FCSC holding and Ace up their sleeve with one of the best players in the age group. I would say that you guys (Nova) played pretty good soccer (both teams) and should be happy with where your girls are. They played good soccer and were successful at doing it......... Congrats!
          Ok. FCSC parent. Who is the Ace and one of the best players in the age group?

Comment

Thanks for the info! I'll keep an eye out for the Nemesis player.

Yes...I think we have a very deep pool, but you never know how good are you until you leave Idaho. The ECNL designation really helped to consolidate the local talent here onto one team...at least for our age group. We are usually caught in between things talent wise most of the time. We are good enough to dominate here in Boise, but usually not good enough to really compete against the bigger Portland and Seattle clubs. Having to travel to find competition is also a big pain. I think our age group is pretty good though, but I can be a biased parent with the rest of them. Wish we had only made one team for this tourney...I think we'd stand a better chance

As to my leaving out the Eastside team....I had just seen them a few times already, and we would only play them if we both moved on. The times we've played Eastside have been the roughest and most physical games I've ever seen at this age. Is it just me or does that team play a rough brand of soccer?

Comment

Yes...I think we have a very deep pool, but you never know how good are you until you leave Idaho. The ECNL designation really helped to consolidate the local talent here onto one team...at least for our age group. We are usually caught in between things talent wise most of the time. We are good enough to dominate here in Boise, but usually not good enough to really compete against the bigger Portland and Seattle clubs. Having to travel to find competition is also a big pain. I think our age group is pretty good though, but I can be a biased parent with the rest of them. Wish we had only made one team for this tourney...I think we'd stand a better chance

As to my leaving out the Eastside team....I had just seen them a few times already, and we would only play them if we both moved on. The times we've played Eastside have been the roughest and most physical games I've ever seen at this age. Is it just me or does that team play a rough brand of soccer?
              It's just you. We can beat them and have beat them. Your team is just soft.

Comment

yes...very physical....the most physical team in the area....and quick to complain if you're team is playing physical back at 'em.

Eastside is big and athletic....

Comment

It's just you. We can beat them and have beat them. Your team is just soft.
                  the teams that beat Eastside are similar playing style teams....Copa TS is one of them...Copa TS plays a very physical non soccer High School style....it's painful to watch but very effective right now....I'm sure when Copa TS and Eastside plays the ball is out of bounds more than it is in bounds.

Comment

Ok. FCSC parent. Who is the Ace and one of the best players in the age group?
                    Tina's daughter.

Someone is trying to set up people to slam the daughter.

Doubt if it is a FCSC parent on the 00 team. More likely the drama queens from the FCSC 99 team.

Comment

Tina's daughter.

Someone is trying to set up people to slam the daughter.

Doubt if it is a FCSC parent on the 00 team. More likely the drama queens from the FCSC 99 team.
                      Wasn't the player I was talking about

Comment

Wasn't the player I was talking about
                        Really???

Comment

Really???
                          The other guy is just looking for the opportunity to say this kid is over rated.

Pretty sad.

Jealous parent on the FCSC 99 team who feels his kid deserves more attention.

Comment

The other guy is just looking for the opportunity to say this kid is over rated.

Pretty sad.

Jealous parent on the FCSC 99 team who feels his kid deserves more attention.

Strange. I have zero problems telling someone where my daughter stands talent wise & have never felt the need to inconspicuously ask others'. No rose colored glasses in this household. I call it constructive criticism.
                            But I know the type.

Comment

All Nemesis players played - no "noticeable exceptions" so no excuses. In their defense they were coming off a grueling 4 game trip in Seattle for NWCL (they finished top of their flight) while FC rested up on a bye weekend - but like I said no excuses. FC plays good team soccer and has a talented forward, keeper and hardworking midfielders. Their back line is a work in progress but is continuing to gain continuity. It is also interesting to note that the club's DOC coached this game.

FC girls and parents are some of the most well-mannered on age and I expect the growth curve to continue to trend up for this team.

I also disagree with the assessment of talent at this age group. As one might expect and a trend that holds true in all of the age groups - the very top of the standings compete step-for-step with the best teams in the Seattle area while the middle of the standings don't fare well and the bottom don't travel North for a beat down very often if ever. This holds true with 98s 99s and 01s. So status quo on talent level.

There's absolutely no way this isn't a FCSC parent. This forum's the best, you can say whatever you want & I can 100% guarantee someone on the site will dispute it. If someone is trolling your thread, simple, in the next post you can speak for them.

There's only one parental group that we've had any issues' with in 4 years.. I wish I would have had a video camera to show one of the Dad's being the 1st to start talking smack. It was crazy.

Worst part is we're running out of clubs here in Vantucky with the recent merger. We don't want to move around & are content on staying put but if we needed a change we'd have to go across the river. After that uncalled for experience with those SC parents' there's no way DD will play for them.
                              We need more successful clubs' up here in 'tucky.

Comment

There's absolutely no way this isn't a FCSC parent. This forum's the best, you can say whatever you want & I can 100% guarantee someone on the site will dispute it. If someone is trolling your thread, simple, in the next post you can speak for them.

There's only one parental group that we've had any issues' with in 4 years.. I wish I would have had a video camera to show one of the Dad's being the 1st to start talking smack. It was crazy.

Worst part is we're running out of clubs here in Vantucky with the recent merger. We don't want to move around & are content on staying put but if we needed a change we'd have to go across the river. After that uncalled for experience with those SC parents' there's no way DD will play for them.
                                We need more successful clubs' up here in 'tucky.
                                the grass is NEVER greener on the other side....I tried with my oldest and second child and to no avail I was wrong....if you are playing over in Vantucky I think you have three choices.

FCSC - very solid team, direct style with a couple of players that are game changers. Not solid throughout with a big drop off after their 6th player. I always feel that if our coach would mark a couple of their players man to man we would shut them down. But that's my Bball mentality :)

***C - another solid team, plays too much possession IMO and isn't dangerous enough. Some would say they are playing "good soccer" I feel they are the extreme when it comes to possession style of soccer. Very sound team from top to bottom, no real drop off in quality of player.

Pacific - Third Tier team that I have never really seen. I'm confident that if your child is a top tier player wouldn't enjoy playing here if she is competitive.

there really isn't a place to move. Two quality teams to play for. It just depends on what you want your child to learn. If you believe in a possession oriented game stay with ***, if you like direct style and victories stay with FCSC.

Another thing to take into consideration - coaching style, do they scream, quite, a little of both? Which style suits your child? Is there one person in charge? Is your childs coach there on a consistent basis? Or does another coach coach half or most of the time? It's important to have some consistency as my DD had this issue three years ago with musical coaches. My youngest is a '00 and is a middle of the pack "A" level player, enjoys it especially because I'm more relaxed and understand what is going on.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X