Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You give GDA and Ecnl players too much credit from Oregon. Even if cu and Fcp came back to play in state they wouldn't be top 2
    Never said they would. Oregon's top players are still basically the same. They are simply mixed up on different teams now due to birth year change and some top players from all over going to Academy/Ecnl. WT FC 02s managed the birth year change to their advantage and kept their top players because of it. If other Alliance clubs managed the birth year change better, they'd have better 02 teams now as well. Simple.

Academy & Ecnl teams are a whole separate issue because they play in closed leagues and don't play vs any other Oregon teams (except FCP Vs CU in Ecnl). People can bash Academy/Ecnl all they want but the simple fact is that all three of those teams have at least several of the states best 02s. There would be changes in OYSA rankings if all those 02s went back to their oysa teams. Even if they all stay out of Oysa, if the remaining Alliance clubs reshuffled their teams to make the best 2002 teams possible, Salem & Eugene do as well or better than WT FC in and out of state. No one will ever know how OYSA teams stack up vs GDA/ECNL teams because they never play each other.

Comment

Never said they would. Oregon's top players are still basically the same. They are simply mixed up on different teams now due to birth year change and some top players from all over going to Academy/Ecnl. WT FC 02s managed the birth year change to their advantage and kept their top players because of it. If other Alliance clubs managed the birth year change better, they'd have better 02 teams now as well. Simple.

Academy & Ecnl teams are a whole separate issue because they play in closed leagues and don't play vs any other Oregon teams (except FCP Vs CU in Ecnl). People can bash Academy/Ecnl all they want but the simple fact is that all three of those teams have at least several of the states best 02s. There would be changes in OYSA rankings if all those 02s went back to their oysa teams. Even if they all stay out of Oysa, if the remaining Alliance clubs reshuffled their teams to make the best 2002 teams possible, Salem & Eugene do as well or better than WT FC in and out of state. No one will ever know how OYSA teams stack up vs GDA/ECNL teams because they never play each other.
      Cu Ecnl tied eastside who was 5th place in OYSA this summer.

Cu Ecnl also lost to PAC NW 6-2 (wash t beat PAC NW a year ago)

You don't really seem to know anything you just speculate based on age groups?

Evidently you seem to think older kids makes you better?

We wouldn't want someone who knows facts to argue with you now would we?

Comment

Let’s not forget FC Portland ECNL 2001 finished fourth in OYSA Premier, so the level cant be that bad can it?
        They would still be top ten in Oregon!

Comment

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Cu Ecnl tied eastside who was 5th place in OYSA this summer."

You replied:
          Cu Ecnl also lost to PAC NW 6-2 (wash t beat PAC NW a year ago)
          -- Like I said, I'm not talking about & not comparing ***c 02s to ecnl/academy since they dont ever play each other. Finding two common opponent games, one from last summer and one from a year ago is basically irrelevant anyway but that's beside the point. My only point about academy/ecnl is that other OYSA teams lost some top 02 players to Ecnl/Academy and that made those teams weaker in comparison to ***C 02s.

You don't really seem to know anything you just speculate based on age groups?
          --Of course I'm speculating. Just like you're speculating to think ***C 02s would beat the Academy and Ecnl teams. I bet some would agree with you but many would disagree with that speculation but no one will ever know for sure. ***c hasn't even played Salem yet so you're jumping the gun a bit about ***c 02s being the best 01 team in Oregon.

Evidently you seem to think older kids makes you better?
          --Wrong. In fact, I said ***c was smart to make the strongest 2002 team instead of keeping their top 02s playing 01 or older. My whole point is actually that if the other Alliance clubs played their top 02s in 2002 instead of mixing them with the 01s or older, their 2002 teams would be much better than they are now. In this particular case, "older isn't better". ***c 2001s are older but nowhere near as good as the 2002 team. If ***c had kept their old 01/02 mixed team together it wouldn't be as good as the ***c 2002 team is either. ***c was smart to switch to NOT have the 2002s play with the older players.

We wouldn't want someone who knows facts to argue with you now would we?
          --I welcome arguments/discussion. I'm not really sure how to argue with you since I don't even know what you're arguing about. We all have the same facts and your arguments aren't even against my position. You mostly seem obsessed with being anti-Ecnl and anti/academy. I'm mostly saying ***c 2002 are doing great and are winning at soccer in OYSA.

-- I'm just pointing out that some of the the main reasons ***c 02s are winning is they have organized their 2002s more effectively (by NOT playing them on older teams) than the other alliance clubs and haven't lost as many to Ecnl/academy. I think if either one of those two things changed, ***c 02 doesn't waltz to Hawaii. As it stands now, ***c has a pretty clear path due to most of Oregon's best 02s spread out wide and mostly on '01 or older teams.

--If you truly think ***c is the best 01 or 02 team in all of Oregon, including Ecnl & Academy, I simply disagree. I'm not even sure you'll beat Salem in OYSA league in couple weeks. I think you'd get crushed by the Academy team, but we'll never know.

--
          --I

Comment

We are flying towards the million view mark. We can do this people.

When the million mark is eclipsed, the Girls 01 parents can rest easy knowing they are the all time greats of crazy soccer parents.

Comment

Why would they play in their own state & lose when they can represent Oregon at Regionals every year? Hawaii here they come. They are good at soccer and smart too.

It is weird that Washington teams can be Oregon State Cup champs but they don’t make the rules.
              Why spend the money to go to Regionals just to get slaughtered? That team is nothing but thugball bootball through and through. Always has been, always will be.

Comment

Why spend the money to go to Regionals just to get slaughtered? That team is nothing but thugball bootball through and through. Always has been, always will be.
                You must have never played them then. But it's ok..it's a little understandable that you are a little insecure about your situation.

Comment

A thugball team that has 0 cards given out in league play thus far. Obviously, you have either never seen them play or you just don't know nearly as much about soccer as you think you do. They are having the success they are because they don't play bootball. Is it really that hard to offer kids even a little bit of credit?

Comment

A thugball team that has 0 cards given out in league play thus far. Obviously, you have either never seen them play or you just don't know nearly as much about soccer as you think you do. They are having the success they are because they don't play bootball. Is it really that hard to offer kids even a little bit of credit?
                    They are a good team and I don’t think they play bootball anymore. They did a few years ago. But making the argument that no cards equals a clean playing team is faulty. One of our players got a card a few weeks ago for smiling. Really. The ref told her soccer was serious and he didn’t like her smiling at him. As he showed her the card.

Comment

They are a good team and I don’t think they play bootball anymore. They did a few years ago. But making the argument that no cards equals a clean playing team is faulty. One of our players got a card a few weeks ago for smiling. Really. The ref told her soccer was serious and he didn’t like her smiling at him. As he showed her the card.
                      Bootball works best in middle school (earlier for girls), when there is a wider variance of physical development. But the 01s are juniors and sophomores now, at or approaching peak physical development for girls/women. The gap between the biggest and strongest, and their peers, is a lot smaller, so the ability of poor coaches to look good by fielding teams of behemoths is far less.

At this age group, if you don't have good skills, you're gonna lose in premier. Simple as that.

Comment

I agree they used to play bootball but not anymore. I also agree that the number of cards given doesn't necessarily reveal the whole story. But it does expose the idea that a team considered to be thugs, yet has zero cards, is a new definition of thug. Pretty hard to make the claim they are thugs and have no cards to show for it.

Comment

If you want bootball for your kid FC Portland is a good option.

Comment

01 girls

Bootball works best in middle school (earlier for girls), when there is a wider variance of physical development. But the 01s are juniors and sophomores now, at or approaching peak physical development for girls/women. The gap between the biggest and strongest, and their peers, is a lot smaller, so the ability of poor coaches to look good by fielding teams of behemoths is far less.

At this age group, if you don't have good skills, you're gonna lose in premier. Simple as that.
                            I mostly agree with what you said except the part of approaching there physical peak.

Comment

I mostly agree with what you said except the part of approaching there physical peak.
                              *They're

Comment

01 girls

*They're
                                Grammar troll

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X