X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is sunshine conference ?

what is sunshine conference ?

It is the Florida Conference for USYS (US Youth Soccer). Most clubs do not play or put their top team in this league unless they want some extra games. The top clubs in the Country play in MLS Next or ECNL (US Club) soccer. Regardless of what people may say, the MLS Next and ECNL leagues are virtually equal. Practicing 4+ times a week and playing at the highest level in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It is the Florida Conference for USYS (US Youth Soccer). Most clubs do not play or put their top team in this league unless they want some extra games. The top clubs in the Country play in MLS Next or ECNL (US Club) soccer. Regardless of what people may say, the MLS Next and ECNL leagues are virtually equal. Practicing 4+ times a week and playing at the highest level in the country.
      You are delusional if you think MLS Next and ECNL leagues are equal. Just look at every club that has both and the clubs second team is in ECNL and first team is MLS Next.

Comment

Nope, not delusional. For TBU and OC, MLSNext is better. Of course their ECNL teams get crushed. For the rest of the league, if you take out Inter, ECNL is better on average than the MLSNext. Do you really think WFF, SFFA, CC et al would dominate ECNL? I've seen some of those teams play. Middle table to bottom third. If you measure by just Inter and the real OC teams, not the OCYS teams, then yes, those are the best.

You are delusional if you think MLS Next and ECNL leagues are equal. Just look at every club that has both and the clubs second team is in ECNL and first team is MLS Next.

Comment

Nope, not delusional. For TBU and OC, MLSNext is better. Of course their ECNL teams get crushed. For the rest of the league, if you take out Inter, ECNL is better on average than the MLSNext. Do you really think WFF, SFFA, CC et al would dominate ECNL? I've seen some of those teams play. Middle table to bottom third. If you measure by just Inter and the real OC teams, not the OCYS teams, then yes, those are the best.
          SFFA is super low quality they take any and every kid willing to pay. WFF, IMG,JFC, Chargers are all ridiculous. Its why Mls team wanted out of DA. They gave in MLS makes some money by running the league, nice website by the way LOL.

Comment

I concede WFF, SFA and CC shouldn't be in MLS Next league. However, the FL ECNL only has two maybe 3 good clubs/teams per age themselves, the rest are crap, pure crap with no business in any high level league.

Comment

Probably true. ECNL needs to get rid of OC and TBU. Let them have their MLSNext. It would improve the overall quality of the league. They will not be competitive this season.

I concede WFF, SFA and CC shouldn't be in MLS Next league. However, the FL ECNL only has two maybe 3 good clubs/teams per age themselves, the rest are crap, pure crap with no business in any high level league.

Comment

I was wondering if teams from the sunshine league have competed in tournaments which included teams from ecnl, ecnlR, MLS next?

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                  I was wondering if teams from the sunshine league have competed in tournaments which included teams from ecnl, ecnlR, MLS next?
                  It's all bullsh it. That's what you need to know sucker. Now, pay your club.

Comment

At younger age groups (13-14), before top talent joins MLS academies (Inter and OCSC), Sunshine Conference competition is comparable to MLS Next and ECNL teams in state. The top two or three teams in Sunshine are competitive with top MLS Next and ECNL teams and better than most of the teams in either; the quality of the remainder varies.

Comment

At younger age groups (13-14), before top talent joins MLS academies (Inter and OCSC), Sunshine Conference competition is comparable to MLS Next and ECNL teams in state. The top two or three teams in Sunshine are competitive with top MLS Next and ECNL teams and better than most of the teams in either; the quality of the remainder varies.
                      Stop lying to the soccer community. The sunshine conference is exactly that. A league for blowing sunshine up the parents butt hole. If your kid is still playing in the sunshine conference at 15, he/she has no real chance at d, d2, naia or professional soccer. There only option would juco or d3.

Comment

There is nothing in your post that contradicts a word I said, so shut your mouth, learn how to read, or preferably both.

Comment

There is nothing in your post that contradicts a word I said, so shut your mouth, learn how to read, or preferably both.
                          Sunshine conference is comparable to MLS Next and ecnl. The three top teams in the sunshine conference are competitive with MLS next and ecnl. Stop talking out of your butt hole. Use your mind and open your eyes. The sunshine conference is for lower level competition. I never heard a parent say, Lil Johnnie is a great player. I need to get him on the top three team in thr sunshine conference. Here is a list of the leagues, listed base on players talent

1.Npl
                          2. Fspl
                          3. Cdl
                          4. Fcl 1
                          6. Sunshine conference
                          7. Fcl 2
                          8. Rec

There is nothing wrong with a child playing in the listed league. But to say mls next and ecnl is comparable to the top three teams in the sunshine conference is absolute bs. Only idiots involve with the league would state such a lie.

Comment

Our 2006 sunshine team just tied 2 ecnl teams (one ranked second in the state) at a tournament 2 weeks ago and it was our first time being on a field for the year since our practice fields hadn't opened yet. There are sunshine teams that are quite a bit better than many of the ECNL teams - you will often find find more grit, passion, and less spoiled kids that want it more.

Comment

Our 2006 sunshine team just tied 2 ecnl teams (one ranked second in the state) at a tournament 2 weeks ago and it was our first time being on a field for the year since our practice fields hadn't opened yet. There are sunshine teams that are quite a bit better than many of the ECNL teams - you will often find find more grit, passion, and less spoiled kids that want it more.
                              Brace yourself, the "my league is better than your league" parents/coaches/directors are coming.

If your team has good coaching, reliable facilities, appropriately motivated/skilled players, and (once older) the ability to communicate with and be seen by college staff (IF that's what your kid wants), stay where you are and don't worry about the league alphabet. If your kid is on a competitive track, his/her goal should be development. Anyone that tells you that any particular league is "best" for development is touting their own fragrance. Individuals and teams drive development, not the league.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X