•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Dale queer?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      We are a sh!thead because your kid is a loser????
      Claiming superiority because of your child's "accomplishment" at youth soccer? Thank you for proving my point, sh!thead.

Comment

How much does FYSA graft-errr-EARN off State Cup?

How much money do you think they made?
        This is a very good question.

Let's do the math, shall we?

I looked at the SC Draw results and the standings, and found that there were 344 Boys teams and 200 girls teams, or 544 teams in State Cup 2017.

Entry fee is $850.

544*$850=$462,400.

Additional unknown revenue comes from selling State Cup t-shirts, and the skim they get from Stream Sports & hotels from the Stay to Play locations.

Up until the Championship Round, teams still pay the referee fees. A Championship Round has 3 games for 7 age groups for both boys & girls (42 games). Even assuming a flat pay scale for different age groups (generally not the case) and using the highest rate of $140/game ($70 for center, $35 for each AR), that is only $5,880.

$462,400
        - $5,880
        $456,520

Now, I will acknowledge that I am not privy to what FYSA pays the sites for the use of their fields. I feel confident that it is not that lucrative to provide fields as FYSA seems to have trouble finding quality fields for Round 1 & 2.

I would guess that the net profit is over $100,000.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post

I looked at the SC Draw results and the standings, and found that there were 344 Boys teams and 200 girls teams, or 544 teams in State Cup 2017.

Entry fee is $850.

544*$850=$462,400.

Additional unknown revenue comes from selling State Cup t-shirts, and the skim they get from Stream Sports & hotels from the Stay to Play locations.

Up until the Championship Round, teams still pay the referee fees. A Championship Round has 3 games for 7 age groups for both boys & girls (42 games). Even assuming a flat pay scale for different age groups (generally not the case) and using the highest rate of $140/game ($70 for center, $35 for each AR), that is only $5,880.

$462,400
          - $5,880
          $456,520

Now, I will acknowledge that I am not privy to what FYSA pays the sites for the use of their fields. I feel confident that it is not that lucrative to provide fields as FYSA seems to have trouble finding quality fields for Round 1 & 2.

Could you please do the same work out for Florida Cup
          I came up with a profit of $3.79 but I think I may have over estimated the number of games .

Comment

I came up with a profit of $3.79 but I think I may have over estimated the number of games .
            LOL!

Well, let's start with the fact that Florida Cup is $275/team and they also pay referee fees for the Championship Series.

It clearly demonstrates that one organization is in it for the money and one is not.

Comment

Entry fee is $850.

544*$850=$462,400.

$462,400
              - $5,880
              $456,520

850 per team? That is outrageous

Comment

Here is an interesting fact about the Florida Cup .
                14 teams were eligible to go to regionals having won their age groups . One girls team showed up along with 4 boys teams . Most States don't seem to bother to send their teams average number of teams playing per age group was 4 out of a possible 12 . Which brings me on to my last point how can they have a national final when only 12 States participate .

Comment

850 per team? That is outrageous
                  Uh, how much do you think tournaments cost? Even a crap event like West Pines or Weston Cup is the same amount. CASL is $1500 for 3 games. Jeff Cup and Dallas Cup are in the same range.

It is all about the money. This is a business that happens to be based upon children and their gullible parents.

Comment

Here is an interesting fact about the Florida Cup .
                    14 teams were eligible to go to regionals having won their age groups . One girls team showed up along with 4 boys teams . Most States don't seem to bother to send their teams average number of teams playing per age group was 4 out of a possible 12 . Which brings me on to my last point how can they have a national final when only 12 States participate .
                    If they won Florida Cup, they go directly to nationals, they shouldn't be at the regional event anyway. Anybody can apply for southeast regional event, South Orlando did not win Florida Cup for U13, but they were at regionals.

Comment

Uh, how much do you think tournaments cost? Even a crap event like West Pines or Weston Cup is the same amount. CASL is $1500 for 3 games. Jeff Cup and Dallas Cup are in the same range.

It is all about the money. This is a business that happens to be based upon children and their gullible parents.
                      those events are quality events with 3 game guaranteed. This is FSPL. And it could be one game and done

Comment

I have heard they FYSA does not pay for fields for state cup. They rely on clubs to donate the fields they have access to and choose from that list.

Not sure if this is true but I heard this directly from a DOC.

Comment

I have heard they FYSA does not pay for fields for state cup. They rely on clubs to donate the fields they have access to and choose from that list.

If that is true, than their profit is probably around $400k.

Comment

If that is true, than their profit is probably around $400k.
                            When our club hosted a couple of years back, FYSA paid a per game fee, for golf carts, and athletic trainers. They also paid expenses for an FYSA official to travel and oversee the event.

Comment

Unfortunately this is not accurate. Hosting applications are used by FYSA to generate interest from clubs that would like to host State Cup games. If I'll club is selected, FYSA will pay for the fields, trainers, and any site directors for that location.

Comment

REALLY? My son's team beat the eventual State Cup Champion in the semi-finals 4-1. Looks like State Cup was the weak one.
                                You have your facts incorrect. What teams are you talking about? I don't see this scenario played out in any age group.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X