Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OK, I've been reading this thread but this is my first comment. My child has played for one of the smaller clubs in Broward so I have no "dog in this fight." I have been an educator at the secondary, undergraduate, and graduate levels for 25 years. I have read thousands upon thousands of papers, journal entries, bulletin board posts, etc. My experience tells me that all of these negative posts about Boca United are from the same person. The writing style is very consistent. This is the person that told us their child plays for Sunrise.

Since this person has spent an inordinate amount of time both justifying their position ("we're not going to BU") and bashing BU, you have to wonder about their motivations and intentions. What angle are they trying to promote?

It would seem to me that the club that will suffer the most long-term from BU being awarded ECNL is Sunrise. Now, since their series of teams just won three state championships, I have to wonder what this person is afraid of. If their child is truly a U16, what difference does it make how well BU does in the future? This person either has another child coming up that they want to play for Sunrise on state champion-level teams or there is another reason.

My conclusion: this is Sunrise staff writing this, desperately trying to protect their turf! Kinda sad when you think about it.
    There are literally about a 100 negative posts about Boca United so I really don't think they are written from one Sunrise parent. There are many people who will not send their kids to ECNL at BU all for the same reasons I think because BU has never won or proven they could develop anyone. So do you think because I just said the same thing as a hundred other posts that I am on the Sunrise staff? Nice try but don't think so. I'm just another s fl dad who thinks it would be a big mistake to send my daughter to an unproven club like BU who can't train players for squat.

Comment

This is exactly why our daughter won't be there. It's really too bad that ECNL had to to go to a club that nobody wants their kid to go to because of their results. Look this is not club bashing its a parent of a u16 player who is truly disspaointed that ECNL dropped the ball and picked one of the only clubs who have never shown results so why would they expect the better kids to jump ship and run there when we see how they train and develop players. That just doesn't make any sense and it's very disappointing to many of us who looked at ECNL as an opportunity for growth in our daughter. But just having good kids together in training isn't enough. They need to be trained by good trainers and I'm sorry results speak for themselves and BU coaches are a weak bunch. I honestly hope they make it work but unfortunately I think it will take a few years if they ever succeed and my daughter will be already playing college soccer by then, recruited while at another club who knows how to train players and goes to top tournaments consistently. That's good enough for us.
      Agree. Nuff said

Comment

OK, I've been reading this thread but this is my first comment. My child has played for one of the smaller clubs in Broward so I have no "dog in this fight." I have been an educator at the secondary, undergraduate, and graduate levels for 25 years. I have read thousands upon thousands of papers, journal entries, bulletin board posts, etc. My experience tells me that all of these negative posts about Boca United are from the same person. The writing style is very consistent. This is the person that told us their child plays for Sunrise.

Since this person has spent an inordinate amount of time both justifying their position ("we're not going to BU") and bashing BU, you have to wonder about their motivations and intentions. What angle are they trying to promote?

It would seem to me that the club that will suffer the most long-term from BU being awarded ECNL is Sunrise. Now, since their series of teams just won three state championships, I have to wonder what this person is afraid of. If their child is truly a U16, what difference does it make how well BU does in the future? This person either has another child coming up that they want to play for Sunrise on state champion-level teams or there is another reason.

My conclusion: this is Sunrise staff writing this, desperately trying to protect their turf! Kinda sad when you think about it.
        Sorry self proclaimed Perfesser:
        Your Grade: F

Comment

YOU ARE WRONG!!! This is my 3rd (hmm or may be 4th) comment-negative about BU ECNL .. I am not from Sunrise .. and I tend to reply to idiotic statements made by BU parents. So, it's not just one parent complaining about BU Mr Educator. My biggest problem with BU is how they obtained ECNL on Weston's expense .. so there you have it .. I am from Weston FC.

Comment

OMG...I just read these for fun...but the professor???? What a pompous ass. Here you are buddy.....get a life please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEt5dEOcW0I

Comment

OMG...I just read these for fun...but the professor???? What a pompous ass. Here you are buddy.....get a life please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEt5dEOcW0I
              funny!! i hope Mr educator finds it funny ..

Comment

Sounds like sour grapes. Your daughter might just be average. Accept it.
                Sour grapes over what? My daughter not being on a team that takes more steps backwards than forwards?? Absolute no sour grapes here - I'm extremely happy my daughter is not nor will be at BU. She has a D1 commit, so it's just training & playing with her current team to continue improving and sharpening her skills til she gets to college. I feel so sorry for you having to defend your club - no, actually, I feel bad for your daughter - her hopes for a scholarship just got that much more difficult to obtain. Good luck though!

Comment

Tryouts - a What the heck was that!!!!!

Ok I gave BU the benefit of the doubt and took a chance and brought my daughter out to Boca United ECNL tryouts. What an absolute joke!!!!! I heard stories that BU was unorganized and had bad facilities but that was a travesty. It was a field of rec kids I kid you not. That club is in so much trouble it's really sad. Then they tried to say it was a U S Club Soccer tryout, I guess because the quality of players were so bad they tried to say it wasn't their "real" ECNL tryouts. Let me tell you that anyone that is thinking about leaving their team to play at BU ECNL just stay home and don't even bother checking them out because that was a complete waste of my daughter's time!

Comment

Which age group? Not one person stood out?

Comment

Which age group? Not one person stood out?
                      BU kids stood out. That's how bad it was. Lol

Comment

Wow! I am glad we didn't go. I was afraid it would be a train wreck! What age group did you see?

Comment

Ok I gave BU the benefit of the doubt and took a chance and brought my daughter out to Boca United ECNL tryouts. What an absolute joke!!!!! I heard stories that BU was unorganized and had bad facilities but that was a travesty. It was a field of rec kids I kid you not. That club is in so much trouble it's really sad. Then they tried to say it was a U S Club Soccer tryout, I guess because the quality of players were so bad they tried to say it wasn't their "real" ECNL tryouts. Let me tell you that anyone that is thinking about leaving their team to play at BU ECNL just stay home and don't even bother checking them out because that was a complete waste of my daughter's time!
                          this is prob written by the sunrise spy who was there to make sure no sunrise kids were there. Talk about pathetic.

Comment

This person is a liar. No one ever said it was not a real tryout.

And there are 4 more tryouts over the next week and a half. If you don't want ECNL then stay away.

I doubt that person ever gave the benefit of the doubt to anyone. Just a basher with an agenda.

They had the same kind of bashing against Orlando City and West Florida Flame, and now they're the 2 best teams and clubs in Florida. Boca United and Jacksonvillle FC will be playing them next year.

Come out and root for ECNL Boca United play their home games at the MajicJack Fields In West Palm Beach next year. They'll be playing against OC, WFF, JFC and ECNL teams from Georgia, Alabama, SC and NC. What a great opportunity to watch girls soccer at its best.

And the girls will be traveling as a club to their away games and tournaments.

Comment

This person is a liar. No one ever said it was not a real tryout.

And there are 4 more tryouts over the next week and a half. If you don't want ECNL then stay away.

I doubt that person ever gave the benefit of the doubt to anyone. Just a basher with an agenda.

They had the same kind of bashing against Orlando City and West Florida Flame, and now they're the 2 best teams and clubs in Florida. Boca United and Jacksonvillle FC will be playing them next year.

Come out and root for ECNL Boca United play their home games at the MajicJack Fields In West Palm Beach next year. They'll be playing against OC, WFF, JFC and ECNL teams from Georgia, Alabama, SC and NC. What a great opportunity to watch girls soccer at its best.

And the girls will be traveling as a club to their away games and tournaments.
                              Actually, JFC seems to be getting a lot of support. Just saying! :D

Comment

Actually, JFC seems to be getting a lot of support. Just saying! :D
                                I haven't noticed. Not so much bashing. That's for sure.

Most of the bashing against BU seems to come from a couple of clubs that lost out on ECNL and/or are worried about losing players.

Believe me, it's not about concern for ECNL. Just petty, childish bashing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X