Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    do you know how this reads? Yes the other 200 clubs in florida put more kids in college then the 2 ecnl clubs lol. However, not a single club put more kids in college then wff with 23. The next closest was fkk 18 who just happened to play ecnl last year.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    boom!
    wasn't referencing the recruits to the community colleges, but you go for it. was referencing elite players.

Comment

Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
      do you know how this reads? Yes the other 200 clubs in florida put more kids in college then the 2 ecnl clubs lol. However, not a single club put more kids in college then wff with 23. The next closest was fkk 18 who just happened to play ecnl last year.

wasn't referencing the recruits to the community colleges, but you go for it. was referencing elite players.
      WFF has the most of those too both quality and quantity

The 2014 class has at least 7 top D1 Programs: UNC, Miss St, Louisville, UConn, Florida St, East Carolina, Georgia

The 2015 class just starting to commit: Vanderbilt, Auburn, Michigan, Central Florida, Florida Gulf Coast,

I see what you mean tho community colleges like UNC, Florida St, Michigan are just not types of colleges elite players would want to go.

Comment

WFF has the most of those too both quality and quantity

The 2014 class has at least 7 top D1 Programs: UNC, Miss St, Louisville, UConn, Florida St, East Carolina, Georgia

The 2015 class just starting to commit: Vanderbilt, Auburn, Michigan, Central Florida, Florida Gulf Coast,

I see what you mean tho community colleges like UNC, Florida St, Michigan are just not types of colleges elite players would want to go.
        think the point was that not all players can join one of these encl teams, and that other non encl players are recruited at the highest schools too. wff team had 23 on their roster? wow. congrats. actually know one of your girls. she was top of her team. my daughters team had 16 on the roster. all heading to DI too. takes a good solid supportive club that has its act together.

Comment

think the point was that not all players can join one of these encl teams, and that other non encl players are recruited at the highest schools too. wff team had 23 on their roster? wow. congrats. actually know one of your girls. she was top of her team. my daughters team had 16 on the roster. all heading to DI too. takes a good solid supportive club that has its act together.
          Ok...thought poster was saying that the recruits only went to community colleges. my bad. The U18 girls at WFF had 16 commit from the ECNL team and 8 from the NPL team. I agree that if a player is a top player they will go to a good college regardless if they play ECNL or non-ecnl

Comment

So what's FKK's excuse? They don't play ECNL, they don't play R3PL, yet u14-U18 the teams are nothing special. 1 good team. So inferior product to me is a club that does not play in the top two leagues and STILL has subpar results. So FKK, the inferior product describes you well
            By calling out FKK as inferior you are admitting that OCYS is also inferior?

Comment

Ok...thought poster was saying that the recruits only went to community colleges. my bad. The U18 girls at WFF had 16 commit from the ECNL team and 8 from the NPL team. I agree that if a player is a top player they will go to a good college regardless if they play ECNL or non-ecnl
              16 from ECNL team? How many were on the wff u18 ECNL team?

Comment

16 from ECNL team? How many were on the wff u18 ECNL team?
                There were 16 lol

Comment

Yes top programs will find the top players

But, looking at just a few signing articles I see a whole lot of ECNL:

South Carolina - all nine are ECNL

Texas A&M - all five ECNL

Duke - 7 of 7

Clemson - 3 of 5

Notre Dame - 8 of 10

Virginia Tech 3 of 6

Boston College 4 of 5

Stanford 7 of 7

I couldn't find the signing articles for UNC, Virginia or FSU. I am not trying to say that top players won't be recruited regardless of the league they play in. But, it does that ECNL gets more than a fair representation at these top programs despite being a small minority of the team girls play on.

Comment

Duke - 7 of 7

Clemson - 3 of 5

Notre Dame - 8 of 10

Virginia Tech 3 of 6

Boston College 4 of 5

Stanford 7 of 7

I couldn't find the signing articles for UNC, Virginia or FSU. I am not trying to say that top players won't be recruited regardless of the league they play in. But, it does that ECNL gets more than a fair representation at these top programs despite being a small minority of the team girls play on.
                    Sigh. The "more collegiate athletes come from ECNL" is getting old.

ECNL is new(er). Top players currently flock to ECNL programs. (And they will to whatever 'new and best' program comes next, too!) When ECNL begins to water down (as it already has), future collegiate athletes will appear to proportionally change again to another club, league, coach, etc.

Comment

Duke - 7 of 7

Clemson - 3 of 5

Notre Dame - 8 of 10

Virginia Tech 3 of 6

Boston College 4 of 5

Stanford 7 of 7

Listen, ECNL is a wonderful league and I am glad your kid can play in it. I wish my kid could also, however OC burned that bridge last year with my family. Be happy and stop trying to prove to everyone that ECNL is so great. If you like it, then that is all that should matter.

On the flip side, I do understand why your coaches want the FKK players to come back. They realize that if they don't become more competitive that the program is in jeopardy. Unfortunately, OC will have to wait until the U14 mature and get off to college before they will have a chance at stable age groups.

I wish it didn't happen this way, however that is where we are at. Let's just move on. I hope you are happy at OC and I hope your girls the best. My family chose our path and we will deal with what we get.

Comment

Listen, ECNL is a wonderful league and I am glad your kid can play in it. I wish my kid could also, however OC burned that bridge last year with my family. Be happy and stop trying to prove to everyone that ECNL is so great. If you like it, then that is all that should matter.

On the flip side, I do understand why your coaches want the FKK players to come back. They realize that if they don't become more competitive that the program is in jeopardy. Unfortunately, OC will have to wait until the U14 mature and get off to college before they will have a chance at stable age groups.

I wish it didn't happen this way, however that is where we are at. Let's just move on. I hope you are happy at OC and I hope your girls the best. My family chose our path and we will deal with what we get.
                        My child plays at WFF and I do agree with you. I do believe that people will have to do what is best and U14 and above have some history with the fallout and maybe they dont want to be a part of OC. What I would like to see is everyone move on and just agree to disagree. The putting down of the league is what bothers folks outside of the Orlando area. I'm thankful that our club has had great success so far and we want OCYS to succeed simply because they are our sister club. If ECNL would've been awarded to FKK then it would be FKK we wished success. Point is, we dont wish bad on any club. I would like to see this issue just end

Comment

My child doesn't play for OCYS

On the flip side it's a bit old hearing how ECNL isn't that great. The clubs aren't that good. ECNL is watered down. Did I miss any of the anti-ECNL talking points? There is much more ECNL bashing going on than the other way around. The reality is, ECNL strengthens rather than weakens with every year. Not every player should or can play on an ECNL team. Each family should make the best choice for them and their family and their player.

Comment

I feel for your daughter! You said it right off the bat that "your family burnt a bridge with OC". I guarantee you your poor daughter did not "burn that bridge", but Dad burnt that bridge. The one person that this could affect over the next 5 or so years pays the price. This is youth soccer friend and you blew it for her! The best league in the country (and you know it is or you would not have been there last year) and you pull your daughter over a argument between a couple of ego maniacs! Outside of OC and FKK, nobody cares about either side of this argument, but everyone in Florida cares about ECNL in Florida. We all want it to be successful as it is a reflection of youth soccer in general in Florida. ECNL will be successful in Florida as there is too much youth soccer talent in this State not to be.

I think you are wrong to say that the senior OC teams will not be competitive for years to come. That is just what you want to happen to make your split from the club seem worthwhile. Players want to play ECNL! Its not the club, but the competition they play against that is the draw. They play the best competition week in and week out for an entire year! Not 7 games like National League in USYS! Not 10 to 12 games like R3PL! ECNL is what the best players want, and that is what will make them better soccer players in the future! The split of OC and FKK is old news and the best players from all of central Florida and beyond will join ECNL at OC. Nobody cares what went down but you and a few others.

I just hope that you and the wife are proud of your accomplishment of hurting your daughter's soccer development because that is all that will come of your move of pulling her from ECNL. My suggestion would be to eat a little crow for your daughter's sake and send her back into the top league in the country!

Comment

I feel for your daughter! You said it right off the bat that "your family burnt a bridge with OC". I guarantee you your poor daughter did not "burn that bridge", but Dad burnt that bridge. The one person that this could affect over the next 5 or so years pays the price. This is youth soccer friend and you blew it for her! The best league in the country (and you know it is or you would not have been there last year) and you pull your daughter over a argument between a couple of ego maniacs! Outside of OC and FKK, nobody cares about either side of this argument, but everyone in Florida cares about ECNL in Florida. We all want it to be successful as it is a reflection of youth soccer in general in Florida. ECNL will be successful in Florida as there is too much youth soccer talent in this State not to be.

I think you are wrong to say that the senior OC teams will not be competitive for years to come. That is just what you want to happen to make your split from the club seem worthwhile. Players want to play ECNL! Its not the club, but the competition they play against that is the draw. They play the best competition week in and week out for an entire year! Not 7 games like National League in USYS! Not 10 to 12 games like R3PL! ECNL is what the best players want, and that is what will make them better soccer players in the future! The split of OC and FKK is old news and the best players from all of central Florida and beyond will join ECNL at OC. Nobody cares what went down but you and a few others.

I just hope that you and the wife are proud of your accomplishment of hurting your daughter's soccer development because that is all that will come of your move of pulling her from ECNL. My suggestion would be to eat a little crow for your daughter's sake and send her back into the top league in the country!
                              For most of us, leaving OCYS was the very best thing we could do. I know it bothers you guys to have that big stain on your glorious history, but it was your own fault. As for my kids development and future- it's already secured thanks to some hard work and guidance from people who actually care about athletes.

Comment

I think ECNL is a great league. But it has some very poor member clubs. WFF has done a good job, OCYS has not. And now it seems as though parents are viewing OCYS as a way to get second-tier players "exposure" and a good scholarship.

Fact is the college coaches aren't fooled by the pink patch. Just because you wear it doesn't mean you're worthy of it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X