2019 HS Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish HS soccer coaches could be fired!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I wish HS soccer coaches could be fired!
      Seriously???
      Being a coach in the RIIL is not even a part-time job for an after school ACTIVITY. Coaches get a small stipend for, practically volunteering, to coach. I was a coach for a period of time (not soccer) in the RIIL. The time you put in is not worth the money and/or thanks you receive.
      For the most part it is NEVER the players. It's the parents and fans that make it a thankless job.
      Why should said coach be fired? Let me guess... your player isn't playing? Team isn't doing well? Players aren't being played where YOU feel they should be playing? No pizza and trophies for everyone after practice?
      My daughter's team is in the lower middle of the standings. They love playing for the school and the coach and are enjoying this "ACTIVITY".
      So many lesson to learn from sports and it's not always about winning, championships, or trophies. It's sad the players understand and the parents don't. I know players who have told the parents to knock it off. Sometimes the adults just don't care.
      So seriously... why should your coach be fired?

Comment

Because every PLAYER is being emotionally abused. They all want to quit the team because it is no longer an enjoyable activity.

Comment

Because every PLAYER is being emotionally abused. They all want to quit the team because it is no longer an enjoyable activity.
          Emotionally abused? The AD and the Principal hasn't stepped in?
          Sounds like a bad season and the coach is catching the blame. Or... someone's player isn't playing. Same old story.

Comment

I will bet that this person's player and possibly a few friends aren't getting much playing time.

Comment

Playing time is not the issue and yes some of the behavior should be brought to the AD.

Comment

Playing time is not the issue and yes some of the behavior should be brought to the AD.
                You are being way too kind on this site. Ha ha. What Division? What team? Do tell. Don't tell half a story.

Comment

Here we go. Another protest by the infinitely entitled and discriminated. You people are f ing crazy. Deal with this constantly on our team. The foot stomping, whining crybabies should just quit and let the team be a team.

Otherwise, grow some balls, get facts of abuse and report it.

Comment

Here we go. Another protest by the infinitely entitled and discriminated. You people are f ing crazy. Deal with this constantly on our team. The foot stomping, whining crybabies should just quit and let the team be a team.

Otherwise, grow some balls, get facts of abuse and report it.
                    Amen!!!!!

Comment

Amen!!!!!
                      SK should have saved that goal

Comment

SK should have saved that goal
                        SK with 2 losses already is pretty shocking.

Comment

SK with 2 losses already is pretty shocking.
                          Shocking? Yes Does it Matter? No
                          Regular season is for seeding purposes only. It's what you do in the playoffs that matters. Last time I checked you get nothing for finishing first except the number one seed. All too often it is a jinx to be that top seed in the playoffs.
                          Really is a wide open race. Coventry, Cumberland, NK, SK, LaSalle. All have a chance to win it.
                          Watch out for Mt. Hope creeping up in the standings.

Comment

Regular season is for seeding purposes only. It's what you do in the playoffs that matters. Last time I checked you get nothing for finishing first except the number one seed. All too often it is a jinx to be that top seed in the playoffs.
                            Really is a wide open race. Coventry, Cumberland, NK, SK, LaSalle. All have a chance to win it.
                            Agree with the 5 you have listed. Any of them can win it if they stay healthy. Should make for a competitive post season. Regular season/seeding does matter in the sense that if you are not in the top 4, then you will need to beat 3 of the top 5 teams to win the championship. Actually you want to be top 3 to avoid the 5 vs 4 game.

Mount Hope is not at the same level as the top 5. SK beat them 8-0. I think MH, CW, Barrington and Bay View are the next group looking to upset one of the top 5 in the playoffs but have very little chance to make it to final 4.

Comment

I think Mt Hope, once they add their forward transfer, and Barrington, once they get their injured CM back, can both be dangerous for the upset in the playoffs.

Comment

I can't remember if top seed gets home field until the finals. If so, I'll offer that LaSalle is beatable especially on a grass field. They are very good passing the ball, playing the triangles, switching the field using their CB's. This all works very well on turf. Get them on a grass field and their passing can be impacted.

Also, if I were playing LaSalle, I'd go 3-5-2 to clog up that midfield and force them to play long.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X