Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it creepy to watch your old team practice/play?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it creepy to watch your old team practice/play?

Situation: Child and parent leave club for greener pastures. Sibling practices in close proximity to old team. Parent watches old team practice/play while sibling is practicing elsewhere. Parents of old team are split here- "parent is good person"- "Why TF is parent here"

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Situation: Child and parent leave club for greener pastures. Sibling practices in close proximity to old team. Parent watches old team practice/play while sibling is practicing elsewhere. Parents of old team are split here- "parent is good person"- "Why TF is parent here"
    The questions here is why are you watching your kid's practice? it is big no no in my kid's club. Drop kid off and drive away, pick her up in an hour and half. You are policing around practice filed? That is creepy.

Comment

The questions here is why are you watching your kid's practice? it is big no no in my kid's club. Drop kid off and drive away, pick her up in an hour and half. You are policing around practice filed? That is creepy.
      ^ Creepy parent

Comment

what is your club hiding?

Comment

what is your club hiding?
          I don't think they hiding anything, It is just making coaches and kids uncomfortable. There is no reason for parents to watch practice, let's kids and coaches do the practice without awkward filing of being watched by creepy parents all the time. I am talking here u12 and up kids.

Comment

I know who you are talking about. And yes the parent is question means well, is over involved in who is playing where, club politics etc. They mean well but it is creepy.

Comment

To answer your question..I live 45 mins away. I drop my kid off and sit in the car... when I get there for pickup - parent is there watching. Also our club does discourage watching practice - I have found when that happens the coaches tend to yell more and play the bottom less.

Comment

my kid asked "why is that parent here?"

Comment

To answer your question..I live 45 mins away. I drop my kid off and sit in the car... when I get there for pickup - parent is there watching. Also our club does discourage watching practice - I have found when that happens the coaches tend to yell more and play the bottom less.
                  edit- our club DOESN't discourage watching practice

Comment

Took me 3 years to go back to old club and watch a state cup game ( which happened to be in backyard) b/c my daughter wanted to cheer on her friends. Parents were asking if my daughter could be rostered.

Comment

Assume the parent is there to gain intel to post on how poor things look on TS

Comment

I know who you are talking about. And yes the parent is question means well, is over involved in who is playing where, club politics etc. They mean well but it is creepy.
                        Nothing in this description says "means well"

Comment

Assume the parent is there to gain intel to post on how poor things look on TS
                          Or recruiting for said "greener pastures"

Comment

I wouldn’t trust the parent as far as I could throw them.

Comment

Mucho Creepo.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X