• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

GA quickly surpassing ECNL. Arizona event was great
    Do tell? Quickly?

Comment

Stop!!! ECNL and NC events have always been around this date blame GA for scheduling at the same time - guess GA thought coaches would flock to them - except it was the assistant coaches...
      The assistants do all of the initial player identification. CASL actually went later this year.

Comment

GA quickly surpassing ECNL. Arizona event was great
        Absolutely, GA event had twice the coaches vs ECNL/ECRL. Tells you a lot.

Comment

#madeupfacts

Comment

The assistants do all of the initial player identification. CASL actually went later this year.
            Of course they do, but assistants getting sent to one event while the HC to the perceived top event tells you everything

Comment

There are only a few weeks to squeeze in an event coming off the college and high school seasons(for areas playing in the fall, not all do) and into the holidays. Leagues either roll the dice and take a chance or plan differently. It's not like all of them announce dates simultaneously. Someone always announces first. Plan accordingly

Comment

GA about equal to ECRL, but far below ECNL. Nice troll post above.

Comment

Of course they do, but assistants getting sent to one event while the HC to the perceived top event tells you everything
                  Not necessarily. More goes on at these events then just player scouting. Social, looking for new assts, campaigning for their players for different lists.

Comment

My oldest went to CASL like 8-10 yrs ago. It was always around college cup weekend. Kids get tixs to go to games. Coaches usually in town for cup too.

Comment

My oldest went to CASL like 8-10 yrs ago. It was always around college cup weekend. Kids get tixs to go to games. Coaches usually in town for cup too.
                      College coaches don't turn up in town to go to the college cup lol. Why would they do that? Not a single college coach from out of town will come to watch lol.

Comment

College coaches don't turn up in town to go to the college cup lol. Why would they do that? Not a single college coach from out of town will come to watch lol.
                        They did when the CASL showcase included all leagues back in the day (before GA) and cup games were in Cary NC. Kids from the showcase and college coaches would be there. Was there with my kid several times.

It was an exciting atmosphere and the kids got to see what the buzz re college soccer is all about.

Comment

They did when the CASL showcase included all leagues back in the day (before GA) and cup games were in Cary NC. Kids from the showcase and college coaches would be there. Was there with my kid several times.

It was an exciting atmosphere and the kids got to see what the buzz re college soccer is all about.
                          I am pretty certain this is the first year the college cup and casl were played on the same weekend. Most years it's the Rd of 16 and 8 played during casl.

Comment

I am pretty certain this is the first year the college cup and casl were played on the same weekend. Most years it's the Rd of 16 and 8 played during casl.
                            It is not especially when CCup was in Cary. The year PennState won, my family and I went to semi final games. My d's team went to finals.

And we were there for another.

Comment

Don't forget that ECNL also had a showcase the same weekend

Comment

Don't forget that ECNL also had a showcase the same weekend
                                Everyone including ECNL was at Raleigh Showcase CASL (an ECNL team) back in the day that the poster was referencing. It was open to all leagues and predated GDA. And it gave players an opportunity to go to college cup games.

Similarly Jeff Cup would have UVA exhibition games to attend and GDA would have US soccer international friendlies to attend. Shame they don't work together anymore. These were packed events and gave club players an opportunity to see what is in store for them in college.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X