Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I see that the listing is down from the site
    I guess its a no show
    Surf Cup is on, just 3,000 miles away! Lol

https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram...33815808_n.jpg

Comment

From BOTN via LM:

Here is the verbatim response from Surf....

NY Surf Futsal Academy will continue as the best futsal experience on Long Island. We are glad to have Danilo under exclusive contract for multiple years and are excited about the growth of our futsal program. Parents should only register for NY Surf Futsal Academy camps and clinics at www.nysurfsoccer.org

Anyone check Surf's webpage recently? Tell me if you can find anywhere to do this. Looks like Surf is realizing this fight isn't worth it.

Comment

From BOTN via LM:

Here is the verbatim response from Surf....

NY Surf Futsal Academy will continue as the best futsal experience on Long Island. We are glad to have Danilo under exclusive contract for multiple years and are excited about the growth of our futsal program. Parents should only register for NY Surf Futsal Academy camps and clinics at www.nysurfsoccer.org

Anyone check Surf's webpage recently? Tell me if you can find anywhere to do this. Looks like Surf is realizing this fight isn't worth it.
        I have no skin in this, but to answer your question about their web site, it's right there at a link on the Top of their site. It brings you to:

http://www.nysurfsoccer.org/futsal/ where there is a big Register button.

Comment

I have no skin in this, but to answer your question about their web site, it's right there at a link on the Top of their site. It brings you to:

http://www.nysurfsoccer.org/futsal/ where there is a big Register button.
          Click on the "Click here to register" button and all of the summer camps that were Surf Futsal are gone. Only "Soccer Specific Strength & Fitness Clinic" remains. There used to be about 10 others - all run in the locations that Danilo traditionally used (Northport/Seaford).

Comment

Click on the "Click here to register" button and all of the summer camps that were Surf Futsal are gone. Only "Soccer Specific Strength & Fitness Clinic" remains. There used to be about 10 others - all run in the locations that Danilo traditionally used (Northport/Seaford).
            I bet he hasn't been making the money they told him he would make. Or, it's that they have him doing a lot more work then thought. Surf doesn't need him anyway. They are growing nicely. I'm sure they will cut him loose, if they haven't already. Why drag this all out?

Comment

I bet he hasn't been making the money they told him he would make. Or, it's that they have him doing a lot more work then thought. Surf doesn't need him anyway. They are growing nicely. I'm sure they will cut him loose, if they haven't already. Why drag this all out?
              Agree.

Question, why would the summer camps be called Futsal anyway? Makes no sense. It's outdoors and many people don't even know what Futsal is who may be looking for a summer camp for their kid. Not smart business.

Comment

Agree.

Question, why would the summer camps be called Futsal anyway? Makes no sense. It's outdoors and many people don't even know what Futsal is who may be looking for a summer camp for their kid. Not smart business.
                Was it supposed to be outside or inside in a gym like Futsal would normally be played? There is appeal for an air-conditioned gym if that was the plan. But it sounds like it is all moot anyway.

Comment

He's been using the same spot in Seaford for a couple of years. Outside in the summer, gym in the winter. When my son went in the past it was decently attended with campers and plenty of staff.

I would guess that he questioned the arrangement when he did not see a significant spike in new campers.

Comment

He's been using the same spot in Seaford for a couple of years. Outside in the summer, gym in the winter. When my son went in the past it was decently attended with campers and plenty of staff.

I would guess that he questioned the arrangement when he did not see a significant spike in new campers.
                    There is a good possibility that he actually lost customers when he aligned himself with Surf. I never bring my team to any leagues or camps run by people like KK, SUSA, Surf, etc. There is just too high a possibility of your best players being approached by the staff to join the club running the thing. I'm sure that a number of other coaches feel the same way.

Comment

There is a good possibility that he actually lost customers when he aligned himself with Surf. I never bring my team to any leagues or camps run by people like KK, SUSA, Surf, etc. There is just too high a possibility of your best players being approached by the staff to join the club running the thing. I'm sure that a number of other coaches feel the same way.
                      Agree. Clubs boycotted the Commack tournament this year because of the Susa affiliation even though Susa has nothing to do with it and KK's winter league died for the same reason.

Surf is new but that are resorting to Susa tactics, hiring people who can bring teams over. I don't think they will survive another 2 years.

Comment

Was it supposed to be outside or inside in a gym like Futsal would normally be played? There is appeal for an air-conditioned gym if that was the plan. But it sounds like it is all moot anyway.
                        In the summer they have (had(not sure what's going on)) 8 weeks of outdoor Futsal camp. I agree that this makes no sense. Should be advertised as a soccer camp, but I bet because of the way the contract was written there needs to be the word Futsal involved.

Surf probably mislead this Danillo guy and promised him the world. They should have locked him up to train all their winter Futsal teams and left it at that. They wanted him exclusively to try to get kids to come to join Surf, thus the SUSA tactics, as someone else mentioned. Surf got greedy. From what I have heard, this arrangement was doomed to fail from the beginning.

Comment

Larry promising to post Surf's document to Danilo tonight. Nothing says we don't have a legal chance like publically shaming a litigant through a basement blogger that has announced his intention to post a confidential document.

Makes Surf look petty to potential partners including clubs.

Comment

Larry promising to post Surf's document to Danilo tonight. Nothing says we don't have a legal chance like publically shaming a litigant through a basement blogger that has announced his intention to post a confidential document.

Makes Surf look petty to potential partners including clubs.
                            Gaunrantee we never see that document. He is so full of crap.

Comment

If it's anything, other than LM's dream, it is just going to be something akin to a cease and desist letter. Meaningless, I can send you one "ordering" you to stop posting on BoTN, doesn't mean crap. No way would a contract be posted, which is the only thing that can determine breach of contract.

Comment

He is saying Surf still advertises his camp because of their contract. So confuse the customer? Sounds childish being everyone knows he left Surf.

This is what happens when you utilize Larry as a business consultant in youth soccer which his only experience is being a soccer dad.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X