• Show
Clear All

union college WSOC

Any info would be appreciated. Can't find much. Thank you

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Any info would be appreciated. Can't find much. Thank you
    Try Google

Comment

Schenectady is a dump and super dangerous. Your player needs a license to carry and zero skill on the field

Comment

Is it a good fit academically for your student? That's all that matters. It's mediocre D3 soccer, lots of warm bodies

Comment

Is it a good fit academically for your student? That's all that matters. It's mediocre D3 soccer, lots of warm bodies
          The worst kid on my daughters club team plays alot of minutes there. That's what it tells me. Good school? I don't know about that either.

Comment

Losing record for the last 6 seasons, including going 1-14-1 this year. Current head coach is listed as "interim" on Union WSOC website.

Comment

Losing record for the last 6 seasons, including going 1-14-1 this year. Current head coach is listed as "interim" on Union WSOC website.
              You are looking at the wrong Union. The one in NY was 9-8-2 and hired a new head coach about 2 years ago.

Comment

You are looking at the wrong Union. The one in NY was 9-8-2 and hired a new head coach about 2 years ago.
                You mean Daddy's gal? Awkward

Comment

You mean Daddy's gal? Awkward
                  What does this mean?

Comment

What does this mean?
                    Never mind i figured it out and wow-weird.

Comment

Never mind i figured it out and wow-weird.
                      Schenectady is a dump. The dorms, facilities, cafetaria are dumps. Would never send my kid to this dump. Probably would be best kid on team. But, no dumps for us

Comment

Great school academically. Consistently ranked among top in nation. Incredible historic campus, oldest in country. Many famous and successful alumni.

All that being said, athletic department is a dumpster fire. 13 of 22 coaches have resigned or “retired” the last 2 years. AD is more concerned about keeping parents happy and taking their phone calls than he is about supporting coaches.

Sports at school are greatly underfunded. Soccer teams only have PT assistants and our son thought his assistant coaches in HS made more $$. He is thinking about transferring, he had lots of playing time in his first year. Loved the coach. But thought the older players (3rd and 4th years) were miserable. School didn’t allow coaches to cut returning players the last 3 years. So lots of older guys not playing and submarine the team. Especially when the coach began playing and starting the younger players. They and their parents lost their mind and calling the AD nonstop, who should have shut them down but didn’t. Us parents of younger players only just realized what had been happening and not soon enough to be heard.

Son says culture of girls team is better. Girls seem to like new coach. But as he said, athletes at school are prone to turn on coaches because the administration allows it. He will wait to see if new coach cleans house in the spring and if the coach who recruited him stays as a AC. Then decide to transfer or not.

Team plays in a good D3 league. Level of play is strong. But encourage your daughter to ask lots of questions.

Comment

Great school academically. Consistently ranked among top in nation. Incredible historic campus, oldest in country. Many famous and successful alumni.

All that being said, athletic department is a dumpster fire. 13 of 22 coaches have resigned or “retired” the last 2 years. AD is more concerned about keeping parents happy and taking their phone calls than he is about supporting coaches.

Sports at school are greatly underfunded. Soccer teams only have PT assistants and our son thought his assistant coaches in HS made more $$. He is thinking about transferring, he had lots of playing time in his first year. Loved the coach. But thought the older players (3rd and 4th years) were miserable. School didn’t allow coaches to cut returning players the last 3 years. So lots of older guys not playing and submarine the team. Especially when the coach began playing and starting the younger players. They and their parents lost their mind and calling the AD nonstop, who should have shut them down but didn’t. Us parents of younger players only just realized what had been happening and not soon enough to be heard.

Son says culture of girls team is better. Girls seem to like new coach. But as he said, athletes at school are prone to turn on coaches because the administration allows it. He will wait to see if new coach cleans house in the spring and if the coach who recruited him stays as a AC. Then decide to transfer or not.

Team plays in a good D3 league. Level of play is strong. But encourage your daughter to ask lots of questions.
                          The AD has hired alot of crappy new coaches, including the no personality girl's soccer coach. Serious cocaine problem too on that campus. My kid plays locally and couldn't even get her to look at the school and we have alumni in family. Total dumpster fire and it's a school that's falling apart, physically and new people brought in. And the poster who commented on Schenectady is spot on. Mad Max wouldn't go outside the walls at night

Comment

The AD has hired alot of crappy new coaches, including the no personality girl's soccer coach. Serious cocaine problem too on that campus. My kid plays locally and couldn't even get her to look at the school and we have alumni in family. Total dumpster fire and it's a school that's falling apart, physically and new people brought in. And the poster who commented on Schenectady is spot on. Mad Max wouldn't go outside the walls at night
                            The poster is also wayboff base in the "top national academics " Its ranked 50th among Liberal Arts colleges (US News), and there's who knows how many top nationally ranked universities ahead of that . It's fine but definitely not tops for LAC and there are literally dozens ofbither small middlebof nowhere LACSslike it

Comment

The poster is also wayboff base in the "top national academics " Its ranked 50th among Liberal Arts colleges (US News), and there's who knows how many top nationally ranked universities ahead of that . It's fine but definitely not tops for LAC and there are literally dozens ofbither small middlebof nowhere LACSslike it
                              I was thinking the same thing...there's a kid at my kid's school "committed" there for another sport and Mom went bonkers on NLI day because her D wasn't included. I tried explaining to her that it was D3 and that NCAA designated May 4th as D3 signing day. I was dying inside because she just kept saying, "but it's Union! It's not like a regular D3!" It's not a bad school, definitely above average, but definitely not top national academics either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X