Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Um, England have an exciting, skillful group of youngsters making up their national team, which is now up to number 4 in the rankings. Plenty more young kids in the pipeline too. Should be exciting to watch over the next couple of years. The problem is more about the culture and talent pool in the US, not just the coaching. In England, the kids live and breathe soccer. It’s part of the fabric of their culture. It’s not that way here.
    I think that is a bit of a cop out excuse. It is more of a way of life now than it has been in ever. It's now televised and I see jerseys everywhere. The problem with the Revs is the lack of investment and coaching. They would be a top contender for relegation.

When you look at those numbers Philly has top number in both spots. Read an article in the Athletic - they spend 6 mil per year on their Academy. Looks like the investment translates to success. Revs don't invest in their academy.

Comment

Um, England have an exciting, skillful group of youngsters making up their national team, which is now up to number 4 in the rankings. Plenty more young kids in the pipeline too. Should be exciting to watch over the next couple of years. The problem is more about the culture and talent pool in the US, not just the coaching. In England, the kids live and breathe soccer. It’s part of the fabric of their culture. It’s not that way here.
      That doesn't mean the British coaches that come here to work are any good

Comment

That doesn't mean the British coaches that come here to work are any good
        The best American male athletes play college headcount sports that have viable professional pathways. That’s all you need to know.

Comment

The best American male athletes play college headcount sports that have viable professional pathways. That’s all you need to know.
          No I don't buy the athlete argument. We have plenty of athletes. It's about culture, development and identification. We lack all three components. The pay to play system and inability of clubs to profit off player development is the whip cream and cherry on top.

Comment

No I don't buy the athlete argument.
            Americans, in general, could care less about soccer. It’s a blip on their sports screen. That isn’t going to change in any significant way. MLS soccer is a terrible product. They pay American players minimum wage for the most part. Truly elite athletes want to monetize their abilities and men’s soccer isn’t even a consideration.

Comment

Americans, in general, could care less about soccer. It’s a blip on their sports screen. That isn’t going to change in any significant way. MLS soccer is a terrible product. They pay American players minimum wage for the most part. Truly elite athletes want to monetize their abilities and men’s soccer isn’t even a consideration.
              There are less than 8 “athletes” in the entire Revs DA pipeline. The rest are simply soccer players.

Comment

There are less than 8 “athletes” in the entire Revs DA pipeline. The rest are simply soccer players.
                Over 13000 posts on this thread...great work, people. I think when it hits 25,000 Team Kraft won't be able to ignore the will of the people.

Don't get discouraged...the Revs did win a game the other day.

Comment

Revs play Beachside and OW this weekend. Any bets?

Comment

Revs play Beachside and OW this weekend. Any bets?
                    OW wins all against Revs, all against Bolts except U12. BS loses all except U16/17

Comment

Red Bulls are looking into a new training site and expanding their residency program. Rumors are that geographic restrictions may be lifted as well to keep the MLS in DA. That would open up more options for MA players.

https://theathletic.com/901926/2019/...dency-program/

Comment

OW wins all against Revs, all against Bolts except U12. BS loses all except U16/17
                        BS and POS will live up to their names again!

Comment

Yet you're on a thread about a boy's club. Okie dokie.
                          So you can’t look at other threads if you don’t have a kid in that age group? I have a daughter playing club and I look at other threads too. You seem like a cynical pos with no answers, bitter dad who’s kid got cut. Get over it

Comment

Red Bulls are looking into a new training site and expanding their residency program. Rumors are that geographic restrictions may be lifted as well to keep the MLS in DA. That would open up more options for MA players.

https://theathletic.com/901926/2019/...dency-program/
                            Thank god the Revs put in that barbershop!!!

Comment

So you can’t look at other threads if you don’t have a kid in that age group? I have a daughter playing club and I look at other threads too. You seem like a cynical pos with no answers, bitter dad who’s kid got cut. Get over it
                              You wanna look at my thread? Show me yours first big boy.

Comment

No I don't buy the athlete argument. We have plenty of athletes. It's about culture, development and identification. We lack all three components. The pay to play system and inability of clubs to profit off player development is the whip cream and cherry on top.
                                It’s actually quite simple. You need to start by age 4-5 learning and mastering the technical skills. It’s something you just can’t ever catch up to if you start at age 8-10. If you do start very early and don’t master the skills, it’s not in your DNA. There are a very few US players and they all have the same story- Soccer dad was their coach.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X