Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Valeo U12 team has several players with God given natural talent. A gift if you will. the majority of these boys will without a doubt play Division 1 soccer and be given full rides. i am a parent of one of them, and he's a fantastic player himself who plays with team mates of equal ability. I don not know of many teams that play like them, granted I have not seen many teams play, but they are the best I have seen so far.They will only get better if that is even possible. BTW, i see at least 4 players going pro, either in MLS or even in Europe and I am not exagerating on this. I am happy for my son and his mates.
    We have heard that both the Red Bulls and Revolutions have been notified about this Valeo U12 team and they are simply amazed by them. Invitations have been sent out to afew of them and now it's up tp there parents to decide. happy

Comment

We have heard that both the Red Bulls and Revolutions have been notified about this Valeo U12 team and they are simply amazed by them. Invitations have been sent out to afew of them and now it's up to their parents to decide. happy
      We all need to save this thread, this is so funny. Unfortunately, unless you are from Rhode Island the Revs won't take you.

Comment

The Valeo U12 team has several players with God given natural talent. A gift if you will. the majority of these boys will without a doubt play Division 1 soccer and be given full rides. i am a parent of one of them, and he's a fantastic player himself who plays with team mates of equal ability. I don not know of many teams that play like them, granted I have not seen many teams play, but they are the best I have seen so far.They will only get better if that is even possible. BTW, i see at least 4 players going pro, either in MLS or even in Europe and I am not exagerating on this. I am happy for my son and his mates.
        How much youth soccer outside of New England have you watched? I hope for you he stays healthy and continues to enjoy the game.

Comment

How much youth soccer outside of New England have you watched? I hope for you he stays healthy and continues to enjoy the game.
          Plenty actually (unfortunately). There are always a few good kids on a team with the rest strongly supporting. Remember that kid who was recruited from CA recently to play in Europe? He's OK compared to a few boys on V. But time will tell. I just hope they don't get hurt playing up this season.

Comment

Plenty actually (unfortunately). There are always a few good kids on a team with the rest strongly supporting. Remember that kid who was recruited from CA recently to play in Europe? He's OK compared to a few boys on V. But time will tell. I just hope they don't get hurt playing up this season.
            Four highly talented players on NEFC. Three others whose parents think they are the next Messi. Amusing.

Comment

I can't believe how delusional/distorted your opinions are of 12 year old boys. You can't project anything till they are 14-15--there is a very good chance not one kid on Valeo/NFC goes on to play D1 soccer-there are so many variables. The only people who don't know this are people that didn't play sports at a high level. Not to mention a lot of colleges recruit from overseas--you are viewing the soccer world in a small pond

Comment

I can't believe how delusional/distorted your opinions are of 12 year old boys. You can't project anything till they are 14-15--there is a very good chance not one kid on Valeo/NFC goes on to play D1 soccer-there are so many variables. The only people who don't know this are people that didn't play sports at a high level. Not to mention a lot of colleges recruit from overseas--you are viewing the soccer world in a small pond
                What matters is right now, not worried about eight years from now. Right now Valeo u12 boys are developing at a very rapid pace with outstanding coaching, highly competitive practices, and challenging games. Right now they are in an environment where if they work hard they can excel and have a lot of fun doing so. That's what matters. We are very lucky to be in this situation, credit goes to EW and DL and all the hard work the boys have put. It's a fantastic environment for development.

Comment

What matters is right now, not worried about eight years from now. Right now Valeo u12 boys are developing at a very rapid pace with outstanding coaching, highly competitive practices, and challenging games. Right now they are in an environment where if they work hard they can excel and have a lot of fun doing so. That's what matters. We are very lucky to be in this situation, credit goes to EW and DL and all the hard work the boys have put. It's a fantastic environment for development.
                  It's good that you feel the "valeo u12 boys are developing". Remember, at this age it is MUCH less about TEAM. The words "they" and "we" are not important. Look at how YOUR child is developing. You cannot control the team and the "team" may not exist next season.

NEFC parent (because everyone wants to know "who your kids plays for")

Comment

There is no crash for me. As I said I am parent a child that has played against them several times.
                    Bull****! Nice try though!

Comment

It's good that you feel the "valeo u12 boys are developing". Remember, at this age it is MUCH less about TEAM. The words "they" and "we" are not important. Look at how YOUR child is developing. You cannot control the team and the "team" may not exist next season.

NEFC parent (because everyone wants to know "who your kids plays for")
                      Not worried about next season but the bar will likely be even higher. If the team does well my child does well. It does matter playing against top teams in R1 and US and winning. It builds confidence, garauntees future highest level games and opens up opportunities that simply aren't possible otherwise. Competition matters, much more than you seem to think.

Comment

Not worried about next season but the bar will likely be even higher. If the team does well my child does well. It does matter playing against top teams in R1 and US and winning. It builds confidence, garauntees future highest level games and opens up opportunities that simply aren't possible otherwise. Competition matters, much more than you seem to think.
                        For a long time on this board, V parents laughed at teams that chose to travel for competition, because everything was about development.
                        NOW - they are developing at a very high rate "year-round" (which I'm sure will never level-off), AND they want to travel for competition, AND the "majority" of the team will play D1.

I'm also not sure playing five days a week with the same group of kids and coach is the best way for them to get the broadest experience in training and playing styles. They'll master the system, but will they truly master the game?

Let's slow down everybody - this team has existed for approximately one month.

I thank you on behalf of everyone who reads this site for being so entertaining.

Comment

Bull****! Nice try though!
                          My son played against some of them when they were with MPS. Then he played against them when they were with NU. Then he played against them last year when they were merged with Valeo.

No BS. You can choose what you want to believe.

Not only are they good, they are self-driven and single sport focused. You can argue whether that is good or not but you really can not take away their skills.

To me the open question is can they stay the course. There are numerous obstacles that can distract or derail ones potential so I am not saying that they are a lock into D1. I am saying they clearly have D1 potential. No question.

Comment

Problem is.... the team really has nothing to do with your child. The team CAN win without your your son significantly contributing.

Comment

For a long time on this board, V parents laughed at teams that chose to travel for competition, because everything was about development.
                              NOW - they are developing at a very high rate "year-round" (which I'm sure will never level-off), AND they want to travel for competition, AND the "majority" of the team will play D1.

I'm also not sure playing five days a week with the same group of kids and coach is the best way for them to get the broadest experience in training and playing styles. They'll master the system, but will they truly master the game?

Let's slow down everybody - this team has existed for approximately one month.

I thank you on behalf of everyone who reads this site for being so entertaining.
                              No one is saying the majority of the team. And regardless of whether it is this team or another team, there are clearly a couple of kids that are D1 potentials. At 12/13, in most sports you can start seeing who is going to play beyond high school.

Comment

No one is saying the majority of the team. And regardless of whether it is this team or another team, there are clearly a couple of kids that are D1 potentials. At 12/13, in most sports you can start seeing who is going to play beyond high school.
                                And your kid is one of those two?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X