Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There are lots of very good young players in the league and they are spread out across a number of different teams. Though there are a couple of freshmen who are playing big roles for good teams but SH from LA is by far the class of that group. Head and shoulders above the rest. CS for STM, AR for Groton, RB and AK for Sebs, EV from LA, CM for SPS, AT and GJC from RL, MM from N&G, JS and LS at MX, DS from Brooks, JO for Milton and DS and SC from Brooks are the other standout.

There are a number of very talented 10th graders though the group is not as strong as the current 11th grade class. This group includes BS and ML of B&N, CB of STM, AS of Sebs, AG, HL and WC from N&G, GT and JP from MX, JB from Groton, LL, LV, and JO from Milton, and JP from Rivers.

The 11th grade group is exceptional with AK, MB, MT of LA leading the way. JS and TD from Rivers, CL and ML from Milton, EG and JF of NH, NL of BB&N, NM of STM, CZ of SG, DC and BP of MX, KH and AW from Brooks. All very good players.
    That's a lot of names care to break it down a bit more

Comment

rankings

1. Berkshire (11-1-1)
      2. Loomis Chaffee (10-1-2)
      3. Lawrence (9-0-3)
      4. Rivers (10-1-1)
      5. Worcester (11-1-1)
      6. Kent (10-1-1) -
      7. South Kent (10-2-2)
      8. Noble & Greenough (9-1-1)
      9. Hotchkiss (7-2-1)
      10. Milton (8-3-2)
      Wonder why Andover isn't ranked (given that they're undefeated)? We can know how the ISL teams stack up against each other given that they play every week, but less known is how they stack up against the other prep teams out there. Last year's play-offs suggest the ISL teams are neck-and-neck if not better than the others, but my eyes tell me that wouldn't hold this year. Except for Lawrence, I don't see the other ISL teams hanging in against the big boys. Obviously, Rivers early season trouncing of South Kent says otherwise, but I don't see that being repeated. There are lots of really good teams out there that aren't even on this list- Andover, Brewster, Wilbraham, KUA.... The ISL teams have padded records as the league has so many weak, mediocre and even good-but-not-great teams this year. That's not to say that the ISL league is weak- except for Govs and St Sebs, most any team could give their opponent a run on any given day if they play their cards right and get some lucky bounces- but I just think that LA or Rivers are at a disadvantage in the NE playoffs because they "should" win most every week in the ISL and they aren't really challenged every week. I see LA having the talent to overcome that if they can keep their composure. But ISL teams seem to care more about the ISL league anyways.

Comment

SPS were very poor (albeit without their captain) against a Groton side that's heating up. They may give LA quite a run for their money next week

Comment

#18 does not even start for BH. Maybe you mean #13 or #10.
          #13 hasnt played the last few matches, you might mean #3 JF

Comment

#13 hasnt played the last few matches, you might mean #3 JF
            Or #10 EG

Comment

Wonder why Andover isn't ranked (given that they're undefeated)? We can know how the ISL teams stack up against each other given that they play every week, but less known is how they stack up against the other prep teams out there. Last year's play-offs suggest the ISL teams are neck-and-neck if not better than the others, but my eyes tell me that wouldn't hold this year. Except for Lawrence, I don't see the other ISL teams hanging in against the big boys. Obviously, Rivers early season trouncing of South Kent says otherwise, but I don't see that being repeated. There are lots of really good teams out there that aren't even on this list- Andover, Brewster, Wilbraham, KUA.... The ISL teams have padded records as the league has so many weak, mediocre and even good-but-not-great teams this year. That's not to say that the ISL league is weak- except for Govs and St Sebs, most any team could give their opponent a run on any given day if they play their cards right and get some lucky bounces- but I just think that LA or Rivers are at a disadvantage in the NE playoffs because they "should" win most every week in the ISL and they aren't really challenged every week. I see LA having the talent to overcome that if they can keep their composure. But ISL teams seem to care more about the ISL league anyways.
              Having only seen ISL games, is the style of play with schools like Berkshire, South Kent and Hotchkiss more technical than ISL or more physical? Or what do people see as the style of play amongst these top 10?

Comment

Wednesdays game is going to be filled with in my eyes the two best players in New England.
                AK from Lawrence and TD from Rivers

Comment

They may be watching 2 players -but one team ,Lawrence has 5 legitimate scoring threats. Could be a long afternoon for the boys from Rivers . I'm seeing a 5-0 score

Comment

Wednesdays game is going to be filled with in my eyes the two best players in New England.
                    Rivers may have 1 of the best players in NE but I agree with the previous poster la has 4-5 of the best. TD is good but not Amadu good

Comment

JB from Groton is an 11th grader and a real stand up guy.
                      Actually there is a JB 10th grader as well. Which one were you talking about?

Comment

LOL! TD would be LA's 5th best player... maybe.

Comment

Actually there is a JB 10th grader as well. Which one were you talking about?
                          The 10th grader jb goes by wb

Comment

LOL! TD would be LA's 5th best player... maybe.
                            While I think LA will win tomorrow, I'll bet TD scores 2....if LA gets to cocky...Rivers gets in their heads and wins the game....

Comment

To much talk about Ak VS Td...both can put the ball in the net. Rivers has the two best defensive Backs in the ISL. Rivers 2 LA 0

Comment

To much talk about Ak VS Td...both can put the ball in the net. Rivers has the two best defensive Backs in the ISL. Rivers 2 LA 0
                                those two defensive backs got tooled on my milton

-jmart

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X