2013 Boys Soccer Verbal Commitments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's be honest. With not all precincts reporting, this looks like a very strong year. A good number of D1s and some tremendous schools, and the same at D3. Don't know how good all these players are and whether they will make it, but I assume most will. Good to see a good number for Middlebury which hasn't had a lot of Mass kids recently. And Brandeis appears to be loading up again. Brandeis should have another great season. Can't quite figure out why schools like Brandeis and Rochester -- all the UAA schools -- seem a bit under the radar and aren't talked about more, as they are every bit as strong as the NESCACs and in some respects stronger when you consider size, resources, diversity, etc. I think the UAA has perhaps the most interesting group of schools in one conference in the country.

Comment

dW6TAm

D1

Haden Cosman-Berkshire School-American University
      Zeiko Lewis-Berkshire School-Boston College
      Adolph Kawuba-NE Eagles-Wilbraham& Monson Academy-Boston College
      Noah Sinkoff-Berkshire School-Boston University
      Nate Pomeroy-Bolts-Groton Dunstable HS-Brown
      Sebastian Blickman-Lincoln-Bucknell
      Jett Oristaglio-FC Blazers-Nobles&Green-Dartmouth
      Andrew Wheeler-Ominu-MPS-Roxbury Latin-Harvard
      Max Cook-Bolts-Duxbury-Harvard
      Sam Millbury-Seacoast-Brooks-Lafayette
      Duff Thompson-Bolts-BB&N-Michigan
      David Itoafa-MPS-NJIT
      Harrison Balder-Bolts-Thayer Academy-Northeastern
      Matthew Callahan-Bolts-Newton North-Northeastern
      Marc Greenblatt-Bolts-Winchester-Northeastern
      Robert Schallmo-Bolts-Thayer Academy-Northeastern
      Dominik Machado-Revs-Prov College
      Mac Steeves-Bolts-Needham HS-Prov College
      Chip Sherman-Aztecs-Masconomet HS-Siena
      Mark Richards-Oakwood-Williston Northampton-UCONN
      Bernard Yeboah-NE Eagles-Worc Academy-Vermont

D2

An Huynh-Bolts-Andover-Adelphi

D3

Fritz Windover-NMH-Bates
      Josh Ocel-Worcester Academy-Brandeis
      Tony Amolo-Berkshire School-Kenyon College
      Sam Clougher-Berkshire School-Kenyon College
      Luis Echeverria-Berkshire School-Middlebury College
      Phil Skayne-Middlesex School-Middlebury College
      Malcolm Steele-NMH-Tufts
      Greg Conrad-Brooks-Middlebury
      Jory Makin-Brooks-Middlebury
      Brandon Allen-Berkshire School-Franklin&Marshall
      Matt Renzi-Berkshire School-Babson College
      Patrick Gordon-Brooks-Williams College
      Zach Vieira-Seacoast-Brooks-St. Lawrence
      Derek Grammer-Aztecs-Masconomet HS-Wesleyan University
      Tyler Graham-Blazers-Worcester Academy-Brandeis University
      Evan Jastremski-NEFC-Marshfield-Brandeis Univeristy*
      Thales Brito-NEFC-Malden Catholic-Brandeis University*

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        D1

David Itoafa-MPS-NJIT

D2

D3

Fritz Windover-NMH-Bates
        Malcolm Steele-NMH-Tufts
        congratulations and good luck next year.

Comment

Let's be honest. With not all precincts reporting, this looks like a very strong year. A good number of D1s and some tremendous schools, and the same at D3. Don't know how good all these players are and whether they will make it, but I assume most will. Good to see a good number for Middlebury which hasn't had a lot of Mass kids recently. And Brandeis appears to be loading up again. Brandeis should have another great season. Can't quite figure out why schools like Brandeis and Rochester -- all the UAA schools -- seem a bit under the radar and aren't talked about more, as they are every bit as strong as the NESCACs and in some respects stronger when you consider size, resources, diversity, etc. I think the UAA has perhaps the most interesting group of schools in one conference in the country.
          I don't really think you can call Brandeis under the radar as they have a large contingent of Mass players on their roster and certainly a very well known college in Mass. Great school and good coaches. The rest of the UAA doesn't get as much play around here solely because they are outside of New England. Agree the UAA schools are as attractive as the NESCAC's both academically and athletically. It's probably the old adage that "most students want to attend college within a 2 or 3 hour drive of home", I would say that is the only reason. Can't go wrong at any of the UAA's or NESCAC's for D3 combining academics and athletics.

Comment

D1

David Itoafa-MPS-NJIT

D2

D3

Fritz Windover-NMH-Bates
            Malcolm Steele-NMH-Tufts
            I think Josh from Weymouth is also attendig Brandeis University

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered
              D1

Adolph Kawuba-NEFC Eagles-Wilbraham& Monson Academy-Boston College
              David Itoafa-MPS-NJIT
              Bernard Yeboah-NEFC Eagles-Worc Academy-Vermont

D2

D3

Fritz Windover-NMH-Bates
              Josh Ocel-NEFC- Worcester Academy-Brandeis
              Phil Skayne-NEFC -Middlesex School-Middlebury College
              Malcolm Steele-NMH-Tufts

Comment

The one thing that always cracks me up about these threads are the club names next to the player names. With just a quick glance I can pick out around 10 that either spent way more time with another club than they have with the club they are listed with here, or they aren't with the club that is listed here anymore, or they bounced around from club to club to club. I know there are some here that spent most of or all of their entire club careers in the same spot, but I just find it to be funny.

Comment

The one thing that always cracks me up about these threads are the club names next to the player names. With just a quick glance I can pick out around 10 that either spent way more time with another club than they have with the club they are listed with here, or they aren't with the club that is listed here anymore, or they bounced around from club to club to club. I know there are some here that spent most of or all of their entire club careers in the same spot, but I just find it to be funny.
                  Every comedian would love to have you in his/her audience. You are an easy laugh.

Comment

I don't really think you can call Brandeis under the radar as they have a large contingent of Mass players on their roster and certainly a very well known college in Mass. Great school and good coaches. The rest of the UAA doesn't get as much play around here solely because they are outside of New England. Agree the UAA schools are as attractive as the NESCAC's both academically and athletically. It's probably the old adage that "most students want to attend college within a 2 or 3 hour drive of home", I would say that is the only reason. Can't go wrong at any of the UAA's or NESCAC's for D3 combining academics and athletics.
                    They carry a HUGE roster, so many of the players never get on the field. I'm not saying these players won't play, just stating a fact

Comment

I didn't mean in terms of numbers of Mass players on the roster, although I do think Brandeis has enjoyed a resurgence in the past few years and look to have a nice haul this year. I meant more in terms of the general view in this area. When thinking about applying to top schools in the area, I think many do think of the NESCACs first, and my guess is that unless a family is really tuned in I doubt Brandeis is at the top of many lists among top-tier students going through the college choice process. In that sense, I believe it is a hidden gem, although by no means is Brandeis an easy admit. The coach there, though, does appear to have quite a bit of pull in getting kids in for soccer.

Comment

For those of you that are new to this, 75% of these kids will not be playing soccer come their sophomore year. They will soon realize they are not good enough and decide to party like most college students.

Think about if Brandeis is recruiting four kids from MASS, how many recruits are from NY, NJ, and CT? Plus let's not forget about the returning players. There is just not enough playing time for everyone. The same is true for all the schools.

I find it funny, no one is going to Castleton, Plymouth State U, Springfield College, Bridgewater State, Wheaton and etc.... Just saying...........

Comment

For those of you that are new to this, 75% of these kids will not be playing soccer come their sophomore year. They will soon realize they are not good enough and decide to party like most college students.

Think about if Brandeis is recruiting four kids from MASS, how many recruits are from NY, NJ, and CT? Plus let's not forget about the returning players. There is just not enough playing time for everyone. The same is true for all the schools.

I find it funny, no one is going to Castleton, Plymouth State U, Springfield College, Bridgewater State, Wheaton and etc.... Just saying...........
                          You raise a good and valid point on how many will still be playing or part of the team roster past the freshman year.

As for the schools you noted, perhaps those commits are just not yet done deals? In my experience the lower end D3's come much later than D1 and NESCAC, etc...

Comment

You raise a good and valid point on how many will still be playing or part of the team roster past the freshman year.

As for the schools you noted, perhaps those commits are just not yet done deals? In my experience the lower end D3's come much later than D1 and NESCAC, etc...
                            There are many players who have committed to colleges and universities who don't appear and will never appear on the list. This happens every year, as there are clubs in the state that put multiple players on college rosters without any fanfare.

Comment

true general statment regarding every college (D1, D2 or D3). There are many Mass players not listed above already committed to play soccer in college, especially D2 and D3. On average every year 100 or so HS graduating boys start out trying out/playing soccer freshman year in college. Unfortunately, this group is narrowed down every year espeically after freshman and sophomore years for many reasons. Good luck to the HS Class of 2013.

Comment

I didn't mean in terms of numbers of Mass players on the roster, although I do think Brandeis has enjoyed a resurgence in the past few years and look to have a nice haul this year. I meant more in terms of the general view in this area. When thinking about applying to top schools in the area, I think many do think of the NESCACs first, and my guess is that unless a family is really tuned in I doubt Brandeis is at the top of many lists among top-tier students going through the college choice process. In that sense, I believe it is a hidden gem, although by no means is Brandeis an easy admit. The coach there, though, does appear to have quite a bit of pull in getting kids in for soccer.
                                While Brandeis may not be an "easy" admit it is not a difficult one either with a 40% acceptance rate. It would be nice to see the program get back to the consistent winning levels coach Coven achieved in the 70s & 80s.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X