Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does this change fit into the be careful what you wish for category?

Not sure how competitive the Rovers will be in the upgraded bracket.
    Most of the teams will be down players because of the Boca event (DOB 93 and later) although theoretically the players could return and still play in most games.

Eclipse East never should have been in the top group. They're 11th in Illinois in Gotsocer and 6th in Mathman. I'll be the tourney director didn't realize Eclipse sent their B team.

Comment

Why do you care?

Comment

Why do you care?
        Trust me. I have my reasons!

Comment

Trust me. I have my reasons!
          I'll bet you do!

Comment

Rovers should be fine. They have typically been competitive with the Scorpions and Montclair. They should also match-up well enough with Albertson. I would not be surprised if all three opponents were missing some Boca talent.

Comment

Rovers should be fine. They have typically been competitive with the Scorpions and Montclair. They should also match-up well enough with Albertson. I would not be surprised if all three opponents were missing some Boca talent.
              so its good their competition will be without their top players? Well if the goal is to get points in the rankings, yes its good. If the point is to have good competition and improve as players, no its not good. If the point is to be seen by a handful of local coaches, it does not matter much at all, does it?

Comment

How is it the coaches identify "players they think have a chance to play for them"? Since they don't know most of these players, isn't it in large part determined by the team they play for? Doesn't it work something like this? If I'm the coach of Top Tier Univ, I'm probably not going to go to see a B team play except in unusual circumstances. I want top tier talent and it's not going to be playing for a club's B team. The teams playing in the top bracket is where the action is. On the other hand, if I'm the Fairleigh-Dick coach I'm not going to be able to recruit a top tier player so I will go see teams playing in the lower brackets which include B and C teams. There are of course shades of gray in between.
                People, stop being stupid here. Whether its a B team or a Z team, it is ranked in the top 30 something in the country. The players have been contacting coaches and coaches have been contacting the players. They will be seen whether they are in the top bracket or in the bottom bracket due to their national ranking and due to their contacting coaches. That's it. If you are talking about a typical B team, then it would matter as a typical B team is ranked somewhere around 500 to 1,000 in the country. This is not a typical B team.

Comment

so its good their competition will be without their top players? Well if the goal is to get points in the rankings, yes its good. If the point is to have good competition and improve as players, no its not good. If the point is to be seen by a handful of local coaches, it does not matter much at all, does it?
                  "Who took the jam out of your doughnut?" Bad day was it?

Comment

The players have been contacting coaches and coaches have been contacting the players.
                    NCAA recruiting rules violations????

Comment

NCAA recruiting rules violations????
                      There is no violation for a player to contact a coach.

These are juniors, coaches are free to use email to contact them.

No violation unless the coach calls the player.

Comment

So in other words, no matter what the situation, as far as the Rovers are concerned you would find a reason to criticize.

Comment

There is no violation for a player to contact a coach.

These are juniors, coaches are free to use email to contact them.

No violation unless the coach calls the player.
                          Some of the U17s are seniors and coaches can contact them.

Comment

Weather looks pretty good for the weekend! Any recommendations for a great 'local' place dinner in the area?

Comment

Weather looks pretty good for the weekend! Any recommendations for a great 'local' place dinner in the area?
                              I like Wendys!

Comment

I like Wendys!
                                You know, there are people who attempt to use a forum like this in a constructive, eductional way. Why are there always those who try to incite ignorant or confrontational banter?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X