Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It seems like you’re upset that they make so much money. You should probably look into becoming a cop.
    You couldnt pay me enough to do it in NYC and get beat like this!

https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/man-cl...idge-protests/

Deblasio will say the cops were being aggressive though

Comment

Zero chance huh? So with your hybrid scenario, how are kids getting to school exactly? I assume they will ride to school on a school bus, fair assumption? So there’s zero chance of sports because “they are not putting 20 kids on a bus...”? I’m wondering about your logic.
      There won’t be 20 or 30 kids on a bus to school.

The grades could be rotated each day. I think schools will be at half capacity at most, kids wearing masks etc.

So, zero chance of fall sports, especially as whole college conferences are cancelling seasons in the northeast.

Comment

The grades could be rotated each day. I think schools will be at half capacity at most, kids wearing masks etc.

So, zero chance of fall sports, especially as whole college conferences are cancelling seasons in the northeast.
        Our district has already asked families about bus use, assuming that many won't want their kids on buses.

Comment

Houston TX will delay their in person start by 6 weeks to see if they can get it under control. Interesting approach instead of one or the other.

However, here is an example of how quickly things can go wrong even with all kinds of measures in place

Opinion | This summer camp took extraordinary covid-19 precautions. It still failed.
          By Editorial Board

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...af1_story.html

Comment

If you dispute the amount people get paid at their jobs, you certainly can’t blame them.
            Look to who writes the checks. Haven’t Democrats run this state for decades ?

Comment

I think you are wrong.
              Schools will be 80-90%
              Very few want online only.
              5 days a week.
              This is what we pay for and what we expect.
              BTW - Sports are on as currently scheduled.

Comment

Schools will be in session and not online.

No sports will be played in the fall

Comment

As of today there’s a 100% chance of fall HS sports in CT actually. College is a completely different scenario requiring interstate travel to states with high rates of Covid-19, not to mention kids on the teams from all over the country and world. Organized soccer is happening right now, has been for a few weeks and it’s going great, things are good here in CT.

Comment

I know at least three people on that Stamford city earnings report that are cops making 150k+, and I can tell you with certainty they had no skills or education and their only work experience was working as a security guard prior to being hired by the PD.

Does that seem right? There are doctors that don’t get paid like that.
                    3 people? Really? The horror
                    The blue shirts that make big dollars are getting it on it- all the cops you see watching construction are on OT and the contractor pays the bill
                    Look at their pay grade not the gross number- if they make a lot it’s because they take as much OT as they can

Comment

Schools will be in session and not online.

No sports will be played in the fall
                      My kid has played in 3 tournaments so far this summer all here in CT but against kids from ny and Every state in New England

Fall HS sports is no more of a risk
                      Lax is also playing, and so is baseball and softball

That’s reality

Comment

My kid has played in 3 tournaments so far this summer all here in CT but against kids from ny and Every state in New England

That’s reality
                        My kid is playing too. I think the fear is that all the reopening and return to normal is going to be walked back, and we’ll be back to no sports. So they may be planning to be good to go at the present time, but many people think it won’t actually happen.

Comment

I think you are wrong.
                          Schools will be 80-90%
                          Very few want online only.
                          5 days a week.
                          This is what we pay for and what we expect.
                          BTW - Sports are on as currently scheduled.
                          CURRENTLY is the operative word. Not that long ago LA, SD, Miami, Atlanta and Houston thought they'd be going back to school also.

There are also plans that sports play but a very condensed schedule. Better than nothing, but still subject to change as conditions change

Comment

That’s reality
                            Privately run youth sports is not the same as school sponsored. School administrators rightly care most about keeping schools running and minimizing any potential case spread. Assuming CT keeps its cases in check I'm pretty sure school happens, but I only give school sports a 50-50 shot with a short schedule

Comment

Privately run youth sports is not the same as school sponsored. School administrators rightly care most about keeping schools running and minimizing any potential case spread. Assuming CT keeps its cases in check I'm pretty sure school happens, but I only give school sports a 50-50 shot with a short schedule
                              The kids that are playing are the same kids that will populate the schools- so if it’s safe for them now- what’s the difference?
                              These kids will play in the fall for private clubs then go to school on monday

Comment

The kids that are playing are the same kids that will populate the schools- so if it’s safe for them now- what’s the difference?
                                These kids will play in the fall for private clubs then go to school on monday
                                Go down to your local park or field. Tons of kids hanging out and not social distancing. And they can't go to school? OK

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X