Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Braintree and Weymouth town team parents have no clue what being on a real club team can do for their kids.
    Can you please tell me what “real club teams” do for you child?
    It’s funny every once and awhile CFC gets brought up for not being a “real” club. If people take away the big clubs top teams and just focus on the regional clubs teams how much different is CFC to them?

Like to point out how funny this web site is. On one hand people come on here bashing how expensive club soccer is and parents are getting scammed out of their money by the big clubs. Then on the other hand people bash small clubs that charge little and they are not good.
    Is CFC great I don’t think so but I would assume they know their lane and work hard to develop players so they can move on to a bigger clubs top teams.

Can we at least agree that the only reason why clubs have region based teams is to make more money?
    If your kid plays for a club followed by north,west,south or East you are just a dollar sign to the club.
    Take bolts East do you think the bolts care how well the teams do? No they care about getting players and making money. That’s why you see these regional directors going out and recruiting players or offering to run free training sessions for towns it’s not because they are nice they need players. Also unfortunately the need of players comes before the focus on finding good players.

Comment

What explain to me how your sons team has kids that play on MLS next teams? Also how players could play for a different clubs at the same time? Or do you mean your sons team has players that played for those other teams. I would say if bolts East has to bring in 7 players that play mls next to win the the East program isn’t doing well also needs 7 players to add to their roster.
      Original poster here for the comment you are referring to. My son played for DW when he was a U11 at Bolts East. 7 players from that U11 team went on to play pre-academy/RDL/whatever they call it nowadays at u12 and are still playing academy at either Bolts or NEFC.

Despite losing 7 players to that level the team has remained at a high level and is playing NPL this spring. I do not know what else needs to be said on that matter.

Take a gander through the NEP divisions this spring though. You will see the Bolts East groups in Premiership or NPL divisions at every age. They seem to be doing ok.

Comment

Original poster here for the comment you are referring to. My son played for DW when he was a U11 at Bolts East. 7 players from that U11 team went on to play pre-academy/RDL/whatever they call it nowadays at u12 and are still playing academy at either Bolts or NEFC.

Despite losing 7 players to that level the team has remained at a high level and is playing NPL this spring. I do not know what else needs to be said on that matter.

Take a gander through the NEP divisions this spring though. You will see the Bolts East groups in Premiership or NPL divisions at every age. They seem to be doing ok.
        If you are on a regional team at Bolts generally level very average and way too much money being charged for what you get. Its all about money and numbers. No kid on a regional team is going anywhere at bolts. it takes a year or 2 to realize all the good players are gone to the academy team

Comment

Can you please tell me what “real club teams” do for you child?
          They provided a pathway from CFC level to ECNL/DA. CFC provides a pathway from the 4th division of NEP to the 3rd division of the NEP if you're lucky.

It’s funny every once and awhile CFC gets brought up for not being a “real” club. If people take away the big clubs top teams and just focus on the regional clubs teams how much different is CFC to them?
          They're not a "real" club. They are a starting point, just like the regional club teams. The difference is that regional club teams are under the umbrella of clubs with NEP Premiership, NPL, ECNL and Academy teams.

Like to point out how funny this web site is. On one hand people come on here bashing how expensive club soccer is and parents are getting scammed out of their money by the big clubs. Then on the other hand people bash small clubs that charge little and they are not good.
          No one is getting scammed. Some parents are simply entitled snots that believe their entitlted snot spawn are better than they actually are. Regional teams, or CFC, are at the bottom of the pyramid. If you don't want to pay a lot of money don't. If you do, knock yourself out. At this level kids are getting exercise and learning the game while working towards getting better. There's a vast differnce between the teams at the bottom of the pyramid and those that have been bubbled up to the top team per age group. It's not easy to get from the bottom to the top, but it's easier to progress at a club with a full pyramid than one with just the bottom layer or two.

Is CFC great I don’t think so but I would assume they know their lane and work hard to develop players so they can move on to a bigger clubs top teams.
          CFC might know their lane but CFC parents certainly don't. This thread wouldn't exist if the parents were more realistic. Where do they get that attitude from? Is it messaging from CFC coaches bashing the so called big boys?

Can we at least agree that the only reason why clubs have region based teams is to make more money?
          Money is a key factor. Capturing talent early is another. Hopefully developing talent is the aspiration, but that isn't often achieved.

If your kid plays for a club followed by north,west,south or East you are just a dollar sign to the club.
          Not necessarily but you're certainly not the priority.

Take bolts East do you think the bolts care how well the teams do? No they care about getting players and making money. That’s why you see these regional directors going out and recruiting players or offering to run free training sessions for towns it’s not because they are nice they need players. Also unfortunately the need of players comes before the focus on finding good players.
          Of course they care how their regional teams do. That helps marketing. It brings in more players. They need the money and the potential talent pool.

Very few players can be reliably identified at the younger ages. Clubs need to cast a wide net. Parents are willing participants until they realize their kid isn't "the one." Then they go all momma bear and come to TS to take down the big boys. The big boys are still here. Momma bear eventually crawls back into her cave and little Jill or John goes on to become a great tuba player.

Comment

CFC keep winning on both the boys and girls side, If you look at their teams performance over last 3 years probably one of the highest winning percentage out there and all play against all the big teams - There are same couple of people that are so jealous of this club as they have fields and only cost 1200 dollars for the entire year. they also do the right things for their players and have great college contacts. These are facts as my kids have played for 2 other clubs and what you get at CFC is amazing.
            Winning against who?

Comment

Winning against who?
              Answers are all above already 2006 2008 and 2010 boys side in NEP premiership or tournaments. All the big clubs regional teams they compete decent with, Could not compete with top bolts academy teams but play most of the usual suspects - Girls side do well also and are affiliated with Select

Comment

CFC keep winning on both the boys and girls side, If you look at their teams performance over last 3 years probably one of the highest winning percentage out there and all play against all the big teams - There are same couple of people that are so jealous of this club as they have fields and only cost 1200 dollars for the entire year. they also do the right things for their players and have great college contacts. These are facts as my kids have played for 2 other clubs and what you get at CFC is amazing.
                I just read 2 pages of this thread thinking that the CFC you all are referring to was the actual CFC in CT. What is this club?

Comment

I just read 2 pages of this thread thinking that the CFC you all are referring to was the actual CFC in CT. What is this club?
                  Did not think the CFC in CT around much anymore, this is Commonwealth Football Club (CFC) out of Braintree/Weymouth/Brockton/Dorchester etc

Comment

Did not think the CFC in CT around much anymore, this is Commonwealth Football Club (CFC) out of Braintree/Weymouth/Brockton/Dorchester etc
                    CFC in Ct is in girls ECNL. Maybe you should have your Commonwealth FC call to schedule some games.

Comment

Answers are all above already 2006 2008 and 2010 boys side in NEP premiership or tournaments. All the big clubs regional teams they compete decent with
                      I just checked the boys brackets for 06, 08 and 10 boys.

06 = U15 Championship South Division which means they are in a Divison 3 bracket in the NEP. You would never play the better teams like NEFC NPL, Valeo Benfica, Bolts East Elite or Western United.

08 = U13 Premiership which means they're Division 2 behind the NPL teams. That means you don't play a bunch of Bolts, NEFC or Valeo teams. You will play Bolts East Eite and NEFC West Elite. If they lose this weekend to the Bolts you should come back here and apologize.

10 = I can't even find a CFC team

Comment

womp womp womp

Comment

womp womp womp
                          You mean wamp, wamp, wamp.

Comment

I just checked the boys brackets for 06, 08 and 10 boys.

06 = U15 Championship South Division which means they are in a Divison 3 bracket in the NEP. You would never play the better teams like NEFC NPL, Valeo Benfica, Bolts East Elite or Western United.

08 = U13 Premiership which means they're Division 2 behind the NPL teams. That means you don't play a bunch of Bolts, NEFC or Valeo teams. You will play Bolts East Eite and NEFC West Elite. If they lose this weekend to the Bolts you should come back here and apologize.

10 = I can't even find a CFC team
                            They did beat the Bolts 3-2 today in the final minute, but they beat them 6-0 in the fall according to a previous poster. If that is the case then where is development truly taking place? CFC have some good players, but they are not coached. They just play long ball to one very talented player. The Bolts promote kids in their club to ECNL and Academy. CFC kids eventually get caught up with and based on today’s score, compared to the fall, it seems to be catching up here pretty quickly.

Comment

They did beat the Bolts 3-2 today in the final minute, but they beat them 6-0 in the fall according to a previous poster. If that is the case then where is development truly taking place? CFC have some good players, but they are not coached. They just play long ball to one very talented player. The Bolts promote kids in their club to ECNL and Academy. CFC kids eventually get caught up with and based on today’s score, compared to the fall, it seems to be catching up here pretty quickly.
                              If that’s not the best explanation of coaching and how teams rely on athletic kids at age 12, I don’t know what is. So many coaches are useless and they look good off of a good athletic group of kids until they get to 14-15 years old and the physicality is evened out

Comment

The only reason why Bolts East has grown over the past year was the GPS South Shore Infusion with bring RT over, and the 2005 Infusion of CFC players when PE left CFC.

Organically doubt they have brought in more than 10 new players overall that did not follow a coach/team, especially with the $2,700 cost to play teams like AFC and CFC that are 2.5x to 2.7x cheaper and not get much better coaching.

The Bolts East 2008 Group is especially not very deep with talent and bodies.

There are some better players than starters on the 2006 to 2008 Bolts Easts teams at CFC (Braintree) (Select Affiliate) and America FC (Quincy) (Bolts Affiliate) teams

A couple of years ago DW pulled some crap and a bunch 07s went running for the hills to Mass City and other neighboring more affordable teams.

The 05s and up have most stayed the same group and are mostly Weymouth High players because BM is still coaching there. All political to ensure they make the HS team.
                                You people are so clueless! Jesus Christ!

The 2008 group is okay. CFC plays a terrible brand. Kick and run.

The 2006 east team would run CFC team off the field and wouldn’t even be competitive.

The 2005 group is coached by AT. Has 2 weymouth high players on it. No affiliation with BM at all who coaches the 2002 group which is extremely weak.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X