Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This new girls club will compete in A LOT of tournaments in GOLD and build itself up obviously with whatever league they can get entry into in their first year. You will remember this thread/post when you run into this team next year in tournaments.
    There is no need for another West Dade Club. We already have the Skunks

We are the SKUNKS Bitch!!!

Comment

This new girls club will compete in A LOT of tournaments in GOLD and build itself up obviously with whatever league they can get entry into in their first year. You will remember this thread/post when you run into this team next year in tournaments.
      With 10 players per team and no club running experience to speak of on the girls side?
      And somehow playing "ALOT of tournaments " makes you a good club? There is alot more that goes into it to be a successful girls club. It's not like boys. The player exposure dynamic is totally different and more important in many ways other than simply playing in random tournaments. Just another group further separating talent in the county with no clear idea what they are doing. Will end up being a waste of a year for many female players if they manage to get teams together.

Comment

Sorry but that club won’t survive. Educate yourself and don’t just start emptying your pockets to someone that has the clever idea that they can put together another competitive club in the area specially on the 08-06 age bracket. Instead look at clubs that have ECNL, GA, DPL & ECNLR and that will help you understand what level your kid has. The club needs to start at the U6-U8 level if they are really looking into creating something with good intentions and not just money.

Comment

Sorry but that club won’t survive. Educate yourself and don’t just start emptying your pockets to someone that has the clever idea that they can put together another competitive club in the area specially on the 08-06 age bracket. Instead look at clubs that have ECNL, GA, DPL & ECNLR and that will help you understand what level your kid has. The club needs to start at the U6-U8 level if they are really looking into creating something with good intentions and not just money.
          Yes. Starting at those specific age groups only means they are trying to pull in already supposedly "talented" players. Not one concern of developing players. Not only will that fail, when those players in those age groups don't develop past those age groups, then they've wasted years yiu can't get back at those crucial ages. This group just wants to put players on the field and "win" games in the "gold division". What a waste. No clue.

Comment

This is a joke of an organization. Ardidas helps market but zero qualified coaches just alley pick up players who consider themselves a coaching staff. Don’t get fooled by a catfish club

Comment

Because it’s against the law to continue to get better and develop and play and gold division tournaments at the same time? Everything on every club always depends on the coach. You can be playing ECNL and have a bad coach and your kid will not get better. A good youth coach who will develop and train is what’s ideal. Definitely I would want my kid to compete at the highest level but more important than that is there a development, none of these kids are a finished product. Give me a good coach even if it’s at a lesser club to develop my kid and continue the growth process in their game.

Comment

Because it’s against the law to continue to get better and develop and play and gold division tournaments at the same time? Everything on every club always depends on the coach. You can be playing ECNL and have a bad coach and your kid will not get better. A good youth coach who will develop and train is what’s ideal. Definitely I would want my kid to compete at the highest level but more important than that is there a development, none of these kids are a finished product. Give me a good coach even if it’s at a lesser club to develop my kid and continue the growth process in their game.
                You may not be wrong in some regard. Yes coach is important. But there are many other factors where girls soccer is concerned to add to the coach aspect. The boys side, those other aspects do not play as big of a role. But do you honestly think those age groups were picked at random to start their girls "development"?

Those ages are probably the easiest to try to grab girls from other clubs in order to try to make a "winning" team. It was not at all about development.

I am not even saying the individual coaches cant develop. I'm sure they can. I'm saying that the club decision makers do not understand girls soccer development as a whole.

Comment

Valid point above, no doubt. Let’s see if this new girls club goes the way of similar new clubs or maybe they will establish something to build on. Only natural for it to receive comments comparing it to similar new clubs but maybe they do it differently. Time will tell.

Comment

Before u17 it should be player development first, league and level of play for exposure second. Not saying that new start up Clubs are without their negatives, but I have had my kids play at big Clubs with the highest leagues and all the Club structure money could buy and it was still all complete bull**** and the coach was awful and an entire team took steps back that season so just because you are at an established Club doesn’t guarantee success or a path to any gran prize.

Comment

We have the best coaches and best fields.

Comment

Who is that good coach??

I smell that the same coach that has the boys 2008 is creating a girls team with the girl he has on his team..

Comment

Really. You stole the Cobra Kai logo?

Comment

Who is that good coach??

I smell that the same coach that has the boys 2008 is creating a girls team with the girl he has on his team..
                            Not a bad place to start with a coach that had his 2008 boys team you referenced to ranked just a month ago #2 in the state.

Comment

Really. You stole the Cobra Kai logo?
                              Logo is bad ass I’ll admit.

Comment

Again. Not referencing a coach, just saying starting at those age groups is a little suspect with no younger age groups. In order to succeed long term rather than just throw together teams of 10 players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X