Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tryouts and Predictions

It’s that time of year kids. Here is what I can gather from recent threads -

Clubs Folding or Merging:

Yankee
    Soccer Visa
    Liberty
    Shoreline FC
    Academica
    Liberty (not sure where this club is)
    Shoreline United (split off from Shoreline FC)

Anyone else? This is a good thing for CT soccer. Fewer clubs means less diluted play. CT soccer needs about 10 more clubs to slip quietly into the night. Do the Pythons exist anymore? Maybe merged into Beachside? How is Inter doing since the change from Everton? Is SCP still alive? How about CT Celtic? Ajax still hanging tough?

Academica already merged with Vale for the 20-21 season. More teams combining would be a good thing for this oversaturated market

Comment

how about foundation?

Comment

Sporting taking over OW

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          how about foundation?
          Foundation has two entities. The second one is Foundation - North. They will most likely fold, they are struggling with only a couple of teams.

Comment

SCP is a mess right now. We were very happy until his coach left for another club. The replacement coach lasted less than 3 months and his replacement has been MIA throughout Covid. Waste of my time and money. It’s most likely this team will fall apart, everyone is at various tryouts for other clubs. I also don’t see any girls teams training at the club. I think there is a group of HS girls but I don’t think anything else exists. I have no idea what will be left when our team folds. I never expected this.

Comment

Yankee
              Soccer Visa
              Liberty
              Shoreline FC
              Academica

Anyone else? This is a good thing for CT soccer. Fewer clubs means less diluted play. CT soccer needs about 10 more clubs to slip quietly into the night. Do the Pythons exist anymore? Maybe merged into Beachside? How is Inter doing since the change from Everton? Is SCP still alive? How about CT Celtic? Ajax still hanging tough?
              Shoreline FC already merged with Chelsea Piers at least a year ago if not two.

Comment

We're in the high point of the cycle of having way too many clubs with crappy coaches and dopey parents wasting money. Clubs market themselves well, convince parents of ULittles they provide a better experience than decent travel teams, and then they fall apart.

It's so dumb.

Comment

We're in the high point of the cycle of having way too many clubs with crappy coaches and dopey parents wasting money. Clubs market themselves well, convince parents of ULittles they provide a better experience than decent travel teams, and then they fall apart.

It's so dumb.
                  I think we are beyond the high point. More clubs are going to fold after this tryout window due to Covid. Several clubs have already merge or folded and that trend will hopefully continue.

Comment

Yankee
                    Soccer Visa
                    Liberty
                    Shoreline FC
                    Academica

Just cut to the chase OP, which club are you trying to drag?

Comment

My D has been to a CFC practice and also went to FSA last night both for ECNL team. The difference between the 2 is very noticeable. Coming from a smaller club so hope she gets in either but CFC was the stronger of the two.

Comment

My D has been to a CFC practice and also went to FSA last night both for ECNL team. The difference between the 2 is very noticeable. Coming from a smaller club so hope she gets in either but CFC was the stronger of the two.
                        these people and their commentary. Silly dad. zip it

Comment

Go with the one with the smaller roster.

Comment

So you went to two clubs practices and didn't notice, as mentioned several times on TS, that one of them was actually holding tryouts?

That's either not very observant, or its BS

Comment

Go with the one with the smaller roster.
                              and better coach ... that should take FSA off of the list entirely ... dont even need to know your daughter's age.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X