Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's right. 2 ECNL National and 2 ECNL Regional and THEN the IMPACT team. All out of Lancaster. Talk about watered down.
    I will never understand this take on a club being “watered down” based on a practice location. It’s not like the kids playing for Stars all live in Lancaster.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

You do know that they aren’t all really out of Lancaster many of their teams practice out of Lancaster so for example Northboro can be considered Lancaster as well as Acton and Worcester, they have plenty they can draw from “out of Lancaster.” Don’t worry not watered down.
        It literally says "Based at the FC Stars Complex" but ok sure

Comment

I will never understand this take on a club being “watered down” based on a practice location. It’s not like the kids playing for Stars all live in Lancaster.
          Are you saying that stars have 5 top teams in one region?
          I think the point is if you have 6 teams in one age group and in one region I can’t imagine the 5th team being as good as the the 2nd or 3rd?
          So if you have a league that is taking in teams 4th or 5th team in a region I would think that that league is watered down with clubs lower teams.
          Again if stars are putting in other regions top teams in this it maybe be not that bad.
          Also the news release said that they are not moving teams from other leagues to this. So is where teams from NEP will play and parents can feel special about being in a league called impact?

Also I thought clubs were trying to get away from leagues run by other clubs?
          LL must be desperate to let JD in her league.

Comment

SSS should worry about some of their own teams that are doing horribly in the impact league. Definitely kuddos that they are expanding their league to FC stars, but they are picking up FC stars 5th team. Not making Impact any more challenging, maybe worse. Bayside, Aztec possibly the better teams there.
            I'd be interested to see where DPL goes to. Those teams (NEFC, Seacoast) there are pretty competitive. Maybe they will go to EDP. The combined Juventus team is also pretty good.

Comment

Stay away from Juventus they are sheisters and basically GPS retreads who charge a premium for sub par service, just like GPS. Same coaches, same players. Same BS, only now you get to travel to CT more because they play EDP instead of NEP/NPL. Girls getting lit up in DPL should also be a warning sign given DPL was the 2nd league for the stronger clubs and Juve 1st teams can’t hang there.

Comment

Wonder what the DPL thinks of LL these days? Although the DPL is way way way better than IMPACT NPL! Impact npl might have a collection of the worst teams combined in a league. Talk about some bad soccer. Way to go LL
                That is laughable. NPL-Impact teams were in the DPL and left. NEFC screwed the pooch and now neither DPL or NPL-impact has all the best 2nd level teams. All so NB could be in control and get paid.

Comment

Stay away from Juventus they are sheisters and basically GPS retreads who charge a premium for sub par service, just like GPS. Same coaches, same players. Same BS, only now you get to travel to CT more because they play EDP instead of NEP/NPL. Girls getting lit up in DPL should also be a warning sign given DPL was the 2nd league for the stronger clubs and Juve 1st teams can’t hang there.
                  Cry Baby is back for more crying. And a little latent antisemitism to boot.

Comment

That is laughable. NPL-Impact teams were in the DPL and left. NEFC screwed the pooch and now neither DPL or NPL-impact has all the best 2nd level teams. All so NB could be in control and get paid.
                    The same could be said for why LL started Impact
                    The same could also be said for why ECNL took their NPL teams and re-branded to ECNL-R

Control and cash flow are the ultimate goal of (almost) every club despite most of them masquerading as non-profit entities.

Comment

Aztecs and/or Bayside should go back to DPL. DPL has more even teams. Games are more competitive than in Impact.

Comment

Aztecs and/or Bayside should go back to DPL. DPL has more even teams. Games are more competitive than in Impact.
                        No thanks. Have yet to find one Impact parent (the ones who pay the bills) that preferred DPL over Impact.

Also, very curious to see what the lineup of teams looks like next year in DPL. I can't imagine NE and RI Surf continue to play in two leagues.

Comment

NE Surf is definitely planning on being in DPL in the fall, as that's what they are telling their players. I have to assume they are still going to have a league above that and a league below that.

Comment

Impact League

In the hierarchy at Stars there is ECNL BLue then ECNL White then ECNL REG BLue and ECNL REG white. Then the next team will be impact NPL and then NEP NPL and then the regional teams in NEP. Impact NPL just like ECNL took too players from all the regions. There were tryouts for ECNL snd Impact and NEP NPL. from what I’ve heard about Impact they are doing a lot of great things surrounding player development and college awareness. Not everyone is expecting a D1 college scholarship and not everyone is happy about riding a bench on higher teams. In the 2005 Girls age group there are very competitive teams that have very good players. There are not too many ECNL teams available and there are a lot of 2005 girls looking to play soccer.
                            In my opinion it’s nice to have another platform to match the girls of like ability below ECNL. So thankyou Impact. In Fact the Next years FC Stars Impact team will be stronger than the NEP NPL Stars team now ( these players minus a few and plus a few) who tied NEFC NS DPL in the Memorial Day tournament. Also having played other NEFC DPL teams this Particular Impact 2005 Stars’s team is right on par. I think it would be great if NEFC put their DPL teams in Impact for the 2005 age grouping. Seems like they would get good matches. But not every age group at NEFC may benefit.

Comment

In the hierarchy at Stars there is ECNL BLue then ECNL White then ECNL REG BLue and ECNL REG white. Then the next team will be impact NPL and then NEP NPL and then the regional teams in NEP. Impact NPL just like ECNL took too players from all the regions. There were tryouts for ECNL snd Impact and NEP NPL. from what I’ve heard about Impact they are doing a lot of great things surrounding player development and college awareness. Not everyone is expecting a D1 college scholarship and not everyone is happy about riding a bench on higher teams. In the 2005 Girls age group there are very competitive teams that have very good players. There are not too many ECNL teams available and there are a lot of 2005 girls looking to play soccer.
                              In my opinion it’s nice to have another platform to match the girls of like ability below ECNL. So thankyou Impact. In Fact the Next years FC Stars Impact team will be stronger than the NEP NPL Stars team now ( these players minus a few and plus a few) who tied NEFC NS DPL in the Memorial Day tournament. Also having played other NEFC DPL teams this Particular Impact 2005 Stars’s team is right on par. I think it would be great if NEFC put their DPL teams in Impact for the 2005 age grouping. Seems like they would get good matches. But not every age group at NEFC may benefit.
                              Curious why you say that about Impact? Some of those DPL teams lost in the DPL league? is Impact better than DPL? My daughter is a different age bracket, but her team frequently plays the NEFC DPL team and the NS DPL team and wins / ties.

Comment

Curious why you say that about Impact? Some of those DPL teams lost in the DPL league? is Impact better than DPL? My daughter is a different age bracket, but her team frequently plays the NEFC DPL team and the NS DPL team and wins / ties.
                                Flip a coin and pick a league. NEFC NS, Seacoast, Aztecs, Bayside, they all have good teams. I bet they are on par with ECNL-R teams.

good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X