Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey if you enjoy lighting your cash on fire so you can brag to co-workers that your kid is super special? Have at it.
    Thanks I will - last I checked people are free to spend their money and time as they see fit. FWIW - we don’t delude ourselves that the league patch means anything but frankly we have the money and the trips are fun, and my kid enjoys it - why anyone cares how anyone spends their money is beyond me.

Comment

Thanks I will - last I checked people are free to spend their money and time as they see fit. FWIW - we don’t delude ourselves that the league patch means anything but frankly we have the money and the trips are fun, and my kid enjoys it - why anyone cares how anyone spends their money is beyond me.
      Agree. The people constantly talking about how other people spend their money is one of the most bizarre things about this board.

Comment

Agree. The people constantly talking about how other people spend their money is one of the most bizarre things about this board.

Im not OP. I don't think that is the point of this conversation. My kid is in GAL and we are supposed to go to CALI in June. Its a total waste. Our team sucks and there is just no benefit flying out there to get destroyed. I know traveling out of state is a great experience for the kids and we have been doing it for years. Even before GAL there are always big events outside of state that were fun to go to (Jeff Cup for example) but the mandatory out of state travel for this league just makes no sense. Especially during a D1 dead period. Even for just league games having to travel hours for 1 game. Unbelievable what youth soccer has become

Comment

Im not OP. I don't think that is the point of this conversation. My kid is in GAL and we are supposed to go to CALI in June. Its a total waste. Our team sucks and there is just no benefit flying out there to get destroyed. I know traveling out of state is a great experience for the kids and we have been doing it for years. Even before GAL there are always big events outside of state that were fun to go to (Jeff Cup for example) but the mandatory out of state travel for this league just makes no sense. Especially during a D1 dead period. Even for just league games having to travel hours for 1 game. Unbelievable what youth soccer has become
          Simple answer leave the GAL team and play for a township team - ECNL is same way. And I agree it is unbelievable but it appears there is a market for it... and as long as parents have the money and time and are willing to spend it these leagues will exist. Clearly there is enough demand.

Fwiw I don’t think any of it is worth it either but because my kid likes her team, coach, is improving, and is enjoying the experience and we have the money she will stay. The minute any of that stops she’s done. Hard to take your kid off a team she loves .

Comment

The u13/u14 have to travel to San Diego for a round robin with semis and finals later in the week. That is a week in Cali with what could be half of it not playing if you get knocked out in the group stage. You are looking at flight, 8 nights hotel and car rental plus food which is going to run between $2-3k for 12 and 13yr olds. For what?

Comment

The u13/u14 have to travel to San Diego for a round robin with semis and finals later in the week. That is a week in Cali with what could be half of it not playing if you get knocked out in the group stage. You are looking at flight, 8 nights hotel and car rental plus food which is going to run between $2-3k for 12 and 13yr olds. For what?
              I looked at a 8-day ski vacation for my family in Colorado with my 13-year old. Between 8 nights hotel, car rental food, plane, tickets etc. it's going to run over $3k. For what?

Comment

I looked at a 8-day ski vacation for my family in Colorado with my 13-year old. Between 8 nights hotel, car rental food, plane, tickets etc. it's going to run over $3k. For what?
                The entire family enjoys a ski vacation and will create family memories. Kids won't remember much from a soccer tournament and most times it's only the player and one parent.

Comment

Liar....your kid plays for Match Fit and you're just trying to throw shade toward CSA and the GA cause you're still pissed CSA didn't get into the ECNL. Now, you come onto an anonymous message board after coming back from Chicago where your daughter's team went 4-0 and scored a record 112 goals and only gave up 2 to say how traveling to other states is a waste. Why don't you use your time more wisely and figure out how you're going to make the trip to Denville work. You weren't planning on it cause RT promised you that Shore would get an ECNL badge and it's own location with a state of the art facility. Now he's telling you that you only have to play games in Denville and possibly train there once a week but you're sort of catching on that his promises might not be exactly true. Good luck!

Comment

Simple answer leave the GAL team and play for a township team - ECNL is same way. And I agree it is unbelievable but it appears there is a market for it... and as long as parents have the money and time and are willing to spend it these leagues will exist. Clearly there is enough demand.

Fwiw I don’t think any of it is worth it either but because my kid likes her team, coach, is improving, and is enjoying the experience and we have the money she will stay. The minute any of that stops she’s done. Hard to take your kid off a team she loves .

Actually just like you its not that simple to just leave if my daughter likes her team, Which she does. I am speaking as a parent in all of this and I just don't like it. I am arguing that it stupid that we have to go to these events as a club even if we aren't that good. Especially now with Covid. Maybe when she is a little older there will be value

Comment

Liar....your kid plays for Match Fit and you're just trying to throw shade toward CSA and the GA cause you're still pissed CSA didn't get into the ECNL. Now, you come onto an anonymous message board after coming back from Chicago where your daughter's team went 4-0 and scored a record 112 goals and only gave up 2 to say how traveling to other states is a waste. Why don't you use your time more wisely and figure out how you're going to make the trip to Denville work. You weren't planning on it cause RT promised you that Shore would get an ECNL badge and it's own location with a state of the art facility. Now he's telling you that you only have to play games in Denville and possibly train there once a week but you're sort of catching on that his promises might not be exactly true. Good luck!
                      Exactly. Match Fit Shore=House of Cards. Please continue to milk that one team for all they are worth and burn every single bridge around you. Good strategy.

Comment

That's alot of travel, but there are worse places to play

Comment

Quite poor for youth soccer to have become what it is. Back in the old country we reserve playing best vs best and limited travel. But here it’s pure business which is great for trainers but not so much the youth and their families. Oh well the American way.

Comment

The entire family enjoys a ski vacation and will create family memories. Kids won't remember much from a soccer tournament and most times it's only the player and one parent.
                            On the contrary, the entire family enjoys a vacation to the Cali coast and will create family memories. Kids will definitely remember these soccer tournaments. I remember our trip to the Youth Hockey Nationals from 40 years ago. Best experience of my life.

Ski trips are so common the memories get mixed together.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X