Trace, VEO, Hudl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our club gave us Trace gear to use this year and for the most part it was a good experience. The only issue that I had was one tracer that died for no apparent reason. When I contacted Trace they had a replacement tracer in my mailbox 3days later. I do wish the video quality was higher but with the size of a soccer field having a static camera that covers the entire field means that you compromise between quality near and far. Players and parents really liked getting the "moments" and parents who had to miss games enjoyed being able to catch up with what happened after the video was done processing. They added a new feature mid-season that allows you to capture video from your iPhone and have it automatically included into the processed video as an alternate camera angle but I didn't have time to play with that.

From an admin standpoint, I just set the camera up at midfield and 15mins before the game I had the players pickup their tracers and leg bands. Their app walks you through everything but you don't need that after the first game or two. After the game I just put the Trace Case out and they put them back in and dumped the legbands in a pile. Go home, plug the camera into the broadband connection, turn on the trace case, and I'm done.

Comment

Our experience with veo has been very good.

Comment

Veo really requires you to pay attention to where you are setting up the cameras. We got footage from a tournament done via VEO and half of the field was out of focus, and no one would have realized it until afterwards since there's no one looking live.

Comment

What does Hudl provide? I'm familiar with Trace and Veo but didn't know about Hudl.

Comment

Trace user here. So far it’s been pretty positive. Have had several games not upload immediately, but their support has been pretty good.

I also heavily use their multicam feature. We set up a phone on the scoring side, and occasionally near goal. The fact that other parents can contribute is cool, but in practice my parents are lazy.

Kids haven’t been too bothered by the trackers, but I also think it makes them all feel a bit cool……. Like trackers pros wear. Only issue I see is that the tracker also helps them determine who kicks the ball. With its motion sensor. This means plays with the dominant leg always register, but off leg and headers don’t create moments sometimes.

The video from my 4k camera, zoom work, and editing is by far better quality, but it took me 2 hours for basic highlights. Forget about things for players. I used VEO, and the quality between the two is about the same. I just prefer the multicam ability for a better angle of goals. Really makes it special.

Comment

Hudl as a full solution will blow Veo and Trace away. Hudl has always offered the best platform but no mobile camera. Until now (2023). I used a Veo camera but also had a Hudl subscription where I would upload my games filmed with Veo. The Hudl platform offers automatic games breakdown, delivered within 24 hours. You can filter your breakdowns by player, by team, by possession, by the location of the action (defensive third, offensive third, etc). You get tons of stats, all linked to video, which makes the process of sharing specific parts of the game a breeze. You can share it with players, or on social media, or by email, all directly through the platform. The breakdowns are done by a human analyst (not ai) so there are fewer chances of mistakes on the clips. The platform also offers a highlight tool for players to personalize their highlights. Hudl also offers the biggest recruitment hub in the country where players can send their footage directly to college coaches, whiles coaches can search for players as well. With the new Hudl camera, everything is done automatically. I don't even have to press "record" on my camera. As long as I set up my calendar on the Hudl app, the camera will automatically "know" theres a game starting and it will record. Best part, it will auto-upload the game to the platform so I don't have to wait or do the upload process myself. It also has an option to add a mi-fi and live stream from anywhere even without wi-fi available. The camera comes with a sweet backpack that I can carry around for tournaments and even put other personal items in it. The battery lasts longer than Veo, and I feel like the image quality is better as well. Overall, at this point (2023), Hudl has the best full solution for soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                What does Hudl provide? I'm familiar with Trace and Veo but didn't know about Hudl.
                Hudl as a full solution will blow Veo and Trace away. Hudl has always offered the best platform but no mobile camera. Until now (2023). I used a Veo camera but also had a Hudl subscription where I would upload my games filmed with Veo. The Hudl platform offers automatic games breakdown, delivered within 24 hours. You can filter your breakdowns by player, by team, by possession, by the location of the action (defensive third, offensive third, etc). You get tons of stats, all linked to video, which makes the process of sharing specific parts of the game a breeze. You can share it with players, or on social media, or by email, all directly through the platform. The breakdowns are done by a human analyst (not ai) so there are fewer chances of mistakes on the clips. The platform also offers a highlight tool for players to personalize their highlights. Hudl also offers the biggest recruitment hub in the country where players can send their footage directly to college coaches, whiles coaches can search for players as well. With the new Hudl camera, everything is done automatically. I don't even have to press "record" on my camera. As long as I set up my calendar on the Hudl app, the camera will automatically "know" theres a game starting and it will record. Best part, it will auto-upload the game to the platform so I don't have to wait or do the upload process myself. It also has an option to add a mi-fi and live stream from anywhere even without wi-fi available. The camera comes with a sweet backpack that I can carry around for tournaments and even put other personal items in it. The battery lasts longer than Veo, and I feel like the image quality is better as well. Overall, at this point (2023), Hudl has the best full solution for soccer.

Comment

^^ I read that in a Ron Popeil voice

Comment

Hudl sucks! Quality is crap. Camera only lasts one game. Stay away!

Comment

Stay far far far away from Hudl, can’t wait to go back to VEO

Comment

Anyone try Pixio (Pix4Team)? Seems like it might be the cheapest multi-year solution with best camera (you buy it and own it). It attaches to their robot to follow the ball. Wondering if anyone has 1st hand experience with it or Pixellot?

Comment

Hudl battery dies to quick

Comment

Trace is incredible if your not a dummy!

Comment

Do we know which video system the Mass clubs are using? I think a few are using Veo.

Comment

VEO is much better than Hudl for quality, but I do like the Hudl interface. My daughter has Hudl for her HS and Veo for club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X