Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL Tryouts

What are tryouts like for U13?Are they mostly scrimmages?

it usually starts with drills and then they divide the girls up for some small side scrimmages. The girls are then moved around within the scrimmages. As a parent I would drop my kid off and come back when it's all over.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      it usually starts with drills and then they divide the girls up for some small side scrimmages. The girls are then moved around within the scrimmages. As a parent I would drop my kid off and come back when it's all over.
      Thanks for the help.I thought it was going to be 11 vs 11.

Comment

You sound like a smart parent! Good advice :)

Comment

Would be nice if clubs posted their coaching slate.

Comment

Wait, you mean transparency BEFORE tryouts? That's just crazy talk - then people would know in advance and make informed decisions, we can't have that in youth soccer...

To be fair, XF has already posted their ECNL coaching staff.

Comment

as has WPFC

Comment

PacNW also

Comment

Definitely not SU.

Comment

Anyone seen Valor's?

Comment

Thanks for the help.I thought it was going to be 11 vs 11.
                      At most clubs there would be some (mostly even) 11v11, but varies. Back in the olden days (like 5 years ago) when there was no da/ga and there were only 2-3 ECNL clubs, ECNL tryouts had a lot of kids from outside the club and were very competitive. Nowadays it’s probably mostly the current a team from the club, most of the current b team, and a few more kids from other club.

Comment

looks like all the coaching slates are out except Eastside

Comment

For some reason Eastside is always extremely late with coaching slates each year. I joke it's because they probably can't figure out how to update their website. Others say it's more of a conspiracy against each and every kid and parent to personally frustrate them. :)

Comment

Really? Is it really that difficult to actually go to the website and check?

https://www.eastsidefc.org/teams/girls-teams

https://www.eastsidefc.org/teams/boys-teams

Comment

Really? Is it really that difficult to actually go to the website and check?

https://www.eastsidefc.org/teams/girls-teams

https://www.eastsidefc.org/teams/boys-teams
                              Yes everyone knows they updated the site now. I think those of us as Eastside like to make jokes about it because we are used to EFC being last to announce.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X