Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgracemont

Has anyone heard about the troubles over at west mont? I’ve heard they are losing staff left right and centre along with all their best players most are leaving to
    FC Delco, penn fusion and even lower clubs like Pa dominion are poaching their players.

They’ve been a down ward path for a while strange as they used to have good teams.

Westmont has always been a great young age club (u9-u12), once you get beyond that they can't develop players like the bigger clubs can. At U13/u14 anyone who has talent leaves. This is consistent with other mid size township teams, FC Rev and LMSC being the oddity as they produce good teams at older age groups.

As far as news that coaches are leaving, I have not heard those rumors. Last big news was when their Director of Intramural's stole $10K from them - but that was a couple years ago.

Comment

Why can't WM figure out how to retain kids?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Why can't WM figure out how to retain kids?
        They don’t have a patch this is why.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Westmont has always been a great young age club (u9-u12), once you get beyond that they can't develop players like the bigger clubs can. At U13/u14 anyone who has talent leaves. This is consistent with other mid size township teams, FC Rev and LMSC being the oddity as they produce good teams at older age groups.

As far as news that coaches are leaving, I have not heard those rumors. Last big news was when their Director of Intramural's stole $10K from them - but that was a couple years ago.
          Can't develop or can't aggregate because they have not developed?

Comment

A little of both I suppose. WM is great at the passing game but speed of play, foot skills, and creativity on field is just not developed in the players. When they are young, passing makes them stand out. But as U13/11v11 approaches, other teams passing skills have caught up as it is one of the easiest thing to teach. The WM players never individually develop, leaving them behind in the pack.

Also heard board just fired Ian. Not sure what's going on but board issues, coaching issues, and now executive leadership change.. all equal a club in decline

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X