X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen, brother.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The parents who have gone through this with kids know one fundamental truth: all clubs suck, some just suck less than others.

Once you realize that, you start making decisions based on stuff like is my kid happy, does she play, is the driving involved do-able. Sitting around wishing the nit wits that run these clubs were more professional and less focused on making their money NOW is a waste of time.

Comment

Great club. For all of the hate posters, so glad you feel that way. We don’t want you.
      Hahah nice LL is in da house!!

Comment

Love the “we don’t want you” ending. You realize you are just dollar signs to select just like any other club right?
        I think that’s why people don’t like select. Select tries to come off as a club that is in it for the girls and female run so they are better. They are a all most all girls club so they should be in it for the girls right? All this creating strong girls stuff is junk. If you are a girls club shouldn’t you be doing that because that’s all you coach is girls? Your not creating strong men right?
        The women owned thing is crap. You do realize she just took the club over from her dad right.
        The club was strong before she got it. Some say it’s actually dropped in the last years.

Again this is at all clubs please stop acting like the club is yours. Clubs don’t care about you. They will drop your kid down a division if someone better comes in there is no loyalty. The only clubs that may care about players is the small ones that need players to stay to fill out roster.
        You mam/sir are just a number with a paid check mark next to your kids name.
        I hole your the person that went out and bought the select merch to wear at the games. Just giving them more money.
        well said and I'm coming from a dad who has had 3 daughter's go thru select. 10 years ago with my 1st daughter is a far different experience than now with my last daughter there. You might ask why we stayed and it's totally for the convenience, nothing else. At select you are just a number and there is no women empowerment going on there. The coaches just put the girls down and pit 1 girl against another.

Comment

This...all this is true. It’s each girl for herself, an eye for an eye. It’s absolutely disgusting the atmosphere the coaches are promoting.

Comment

At the younger ages u13 and under, every player should get adequate playing time. Starting at u14, playing time starts to be earned not given. How are the coaches promoting this behavior, and are you sure it’s not other parents? In my experience, this sort of behavior is common in girls soccer at all clubs, some worse than others.

This...all this is true. It’s each girl for herself, an eye for an eye. It’s absolutely disgusting the atmosphere the coaches are promoting.

Comment

I don't have a D at Select but my kids do have a good number of friends who are current Select... both GA and non-GA teams... across multiple years... and it really is a head scratcher to reconcile the **** posted here and our real world knowledge of actual girls there. Maybe they hide the shame of the eye for an eye battles and just pretend to enjoy being there?

And their parents that I have been friends with for years also are just pretending?

Or maybe, just maybe!, the **** posting here is not exactly 100% accurate?

Comment

I have a d on one of Select's teams. After each practice she comes into the car happy, smiling, and in a lot better mood than before practice. Take that for what it's worth.

Comment

I don't have a D at Select but my kids do have a good number of friends who are current Select... both GA and non-GA teams... across multiple years... and it really is a head scratcher to reconcile the **** posted here and our real world knowledge of actual girls there. Maybe they hide the shame of the eye for an eye battles and just pretend to enjoy being there?

And their parents that I have been friends with for years also are just pretending?

Or maybe, just maybe!, the **** posting here is not exactly 100% accurate?
                  PR machine in full effect today...great job guys! too bad everyone knows a select family who hates it.

Comment

This just in.....SSS announces tryouts on every Tuesday and Friday for next year! They need kids desperately. Have lots of money....can play.

Comment

PR machine in full effect today...great job guys! too bad everyone knows a select family who hates it.
                      same poster you replied to. funny thing is that I'm not a big fan of Select. But the rhetoric on this hellsite is just beyond parody.

Comment

3rd day of tryouts this week alone for select- desperate much for any players????

Comment

^come on, fess up...what they do to you? This got old weeks ago...
                          #obsessed

Comment

^come on, fess up...what they do to you? This got old weeks ago...
                            #obsessed
                            lol obsessed says the guy that posts on ts at 1:00am on a Friday night

#loser

Comment

You’re just as much a loser with you’re response...the first thing you think of is TS to begin your day?

Comment

You’re just as much a loser with you’re response...the first thing you think of is TS to begin your day?
                                I tend to think 1:00am on ts is a little creepy....but maam....to each his/her own. lol Friday night at 1:00am stalking ts. Way to go sweetie!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X