Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Music You Listen To Affects Your Growth

Teens who spend more time watching the sex and violence depicted in the "reel" life of "gangsta" rap music videos are more likely to practice these behaviors in real life, suggests one of the first studies to specifically explore how rap videos influence emotional and physical health.

After studying 522 black girls between the ages of 14 and 18 from non-urban, lower socioeconomic neighborhoods, researchers found that compared to those who never or rarely watched these videos, the girls who viewed these gangsta videos for at least 14 hours per week were far more likely to practice numerous destructive behaviors. Over the course of the one-year study, they were:

Three times more likely to hit a teacher
    Over 2.5 times more likely to get arrested
    Twice as likely to have multiple sexual partners
    1.5 times more likely to get a sexually transmitted disease, use drugs, or drink alcohol.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Teens who spend more time watching the sex and violence depicted in the "reel" life of "gangsta" rap music videos are more likely to practice these behaviors in real life, suggests one of the first studies to specifically explore how rap videos influence emotional and physical health.

After studying 522 black girls between the ages of 14 and 18 from non-urban, lower socioeconomic neighborhoods, researchers found that compared to those who never or rarely watched these videos, the girls who viewed these gangsta videos for at least 14 hours per week were far more likely to practice numerous destructive behaviors. Over the course of the one-year study, they were:

Three times more likely to hit a teacher
    Over 2.5 times more likely to get arrested
    Twice as likely to have multiple sexual partners
    1.5 times more likely to get a sexually transmitted disease, use drugs, or drink alcohol.

This must be why the obamas called cardi B a great role model.

Comment

Sort of like how Cons who listen to Donald Trump and watch Faux News are many times more likely to do things like storm the U.S. Capitol, assault police officers, etc. than those who weren’t sucked into the cult.

Comment

That study is from 2003. Cons are working overtime to find these things.

Comment

settle down now benedict.

Comment

This must be why the obamas called cardi B a great role model.
            Cons can’t help themselves. ODS

Comment

Science has an expiration date?

Comment

sure just ask fauchi from 2020 and fauchi 2021!!!!

Comment

Oh con. If you want to talk to me about “science” I’ll happily play.

Your “study” was conducted in 2003 and ONLY in Birmingham, AL.

His study, published in the March issue of the American Journal of Public Health, only involved black girls living in Birmingham, Ala.
                  “science” wants you to know that you needed to include information like that and that any conclusions you try to draw are only relevant to Birmingham, otherwise the study authors would have drawn form a nationwide pool.

Further, there was a disclaimer at the web MD archive I found this telling me that the study was old and had not been reviewed lately….

NOT sorry but all this shows, like another poster said, is your desperation.

I would add it also burnishes your racism.

I ❤️ though that Merrick Garland is sending the FBI into Elizabethtown.

Comment

Remember Tipper Gore's attempts to ban certain music? Not a con, but yes it typically is the conservatives that try to ban music, starting way back with Elvis, the Beetles and now rap music.

Comment

Oh con. If you want to talk to me about “science” I’ll happily play.

Your “study” was conducted in 2003 and ONLY in Birmingham, AL.

“science” wants you to know that you needed to include information like that and that any conclusions you try to draw are only relevant to Birmingham, otherwise the study authors would have drawn form a nationwide pool.

Further, there was a disclaimer at the web MD archive I found this telling me that the study was old and had not been reviewed lately….

NOT sorry but all this shows, like another poster said, is your desperation.

I would add it also burnishes your racism.

I ❤️ though that Merrick Garland is sending the FBI into Elizabethtown.

Because, you know, the area in which they grew up in or their family situations etc won't have any influence whatsoever on them right? What a piece of crap study, doesn't matter how old it is.

Comment

Because, you know, the area in which they grew up in or their family situations etc won't have any influence whatsoever on them right? What a piece of crap study, doesn't matter how old it is.
                        Exactly. Trust me, whenever you see a con using a reference to “science” to make a point, just scratch a millimeter deeper and it blows up in their faces.

That’s because cons have long been anti-science and anti-intellect

Comment

Remember Tipper Gore's attempts to ban certain music? Not a con, but yes it typically is the conservatives that try to ban music, starting way back with Elvis, the Beetles and now rap music.
                          I guess you missed Easy E & NWA being invited to the whitehouse for dinner with Bush Sr?

But Tipper tried to censor music and this actually turned out great for the music industry.

No different than today. Liberals/Democraps always trying to censor and cancel out anything they don't agree with!!!!!

Thanks for bringing this up.

Comment

I guess you missed Easy E & NWA being invited to the whitehouse for dinner with Bush Sr?

But Tipper tried to censor music and this actually turned out great for the music industry.

No different than today. Liberals/Democraps always trying to censor and cancel out anything they don't agree with!!!!!

It was actually the wife of James Baker, Reagan’s COS, working with Tipper in one of the last “bipartisan” efforts, who wanted to censor rock lyrics.

Every 5-10 years I rewatch Frank Zappa’s testimony during those hearings. If you haven’t seen do not miss.

Comment

So Bush Sr’s whitehouse welcomed rappers like Obama’s? Who knew?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X