Masks gone Friday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please keep the ignorance of this forum restricted to soccer, you don't have to expose how little you know about how scientific studies work, public health policy works, or the verb "know" works because you're smoking talk radio and FB crack-- there's a politics channel for that kind of ignorance.

Jail the ECNL.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Tell me again why I shouldn't be able to go into a store shirtless and/or shoeless? Freedumb!!!

But seriously, at the end of the day these things are all true-

1. covid turns out to be mainly passed around via airborne transmission
      2. wearing a mask is very effective at blocking said transmission
      3. wearing a mask is NOT the end of the world (you will survive)

my _guess_ that the continued outdoor mandates are driven by-

1. lack of conclusive proof that you can't catch the covid outdoors
      2. requiring a mask at all times in public (indoor and outdoor) communicated the severity of the problem

If you really really don't agree with this I suggest you book the next flight to India.

For soccer it is a giant pain in the butt. It's hard to run and recover when wearing one. It's annoying that it probably isn't actually preventing transmission of covid etc. But as a civilized society we decided, via our elected officials and scientific community, that we should all collectively pitch in and do our part. Not the end of the world.

What really gets my goat is that you have, at least, one or two players on every team that just decided, almost certainly via parental coaching, that the rules shouldn't apply to them and that they should take the advantage of flaunting the rules and leaving the mask down around their chin. I'm sure some will argue "what's the harm? it's a dumb rule anyway"... to which I'll just say that you are a selfish adult and you are raising a selfish youngster and that deep down the rest of your team thinks you are selfish even as they pretend and be civil with you.
      there is basically *zero* confirmed cases of outdoor transmission of covid anywhere in the world. the only exception is outdoor parties where people are eating/talking/drinking/in each others faces for hours

EVERY other state in the northeast has been and continues to play outdoor sports without masks. there haven't been any cases from sports outside -- the cases come from carpools, before/after gatherings, etc

in Oregon last week a track runner passed out and nearly hit their heads finishing an 800 meter run with masks on. at some point a kid will die and there will be lawsuits. the idea a mask prevents covid transmission during a soccer game is pure insanity

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...ases-1.4529036

Comment

Please keep the ignorance of this forum restricted to soccer, you don't have to expose how little you know about how scientific studies work, public health policy works, or the verb "know" works because you're smoking talk radio and FB crack-- there's a politics channel for that kind of ignorance.

Jail the ECNL.
        Still nobody has answered the question: Is any team anywhere still wearing masks?

PS I agree with the previous poster that the #1 mask concern is tanlines. Even if you go full chin diaper it still looks goofy.

Comment

Still nobody has answered the question: Is any team anywhere still wearing masks?

PS I agree with the previous poster that the #1 mask concern is tanlines. Even if you go full chin diaper it still looks goofy.
          Yes teams are wearing masks. My two daughters play in different leagues. One is all MA teams and all players on both teams all wear them. One plays teams from out of state, MA and CT teams have worn them against us, NY was split between wearing a mask, and wearing a ‘chin diaper’. All town teams have been wearing them.

Comment

Hockey had cases, but it had nothing to do with the sport, it had to do with the windowless cinder block changing rooms found at all rinks, and it was winter. How many of those hockey cases ended up in hospital or worse? Idk, but i bet if there was one it would most certainly have become a story. Anyone have that article?

Risk of transmissions for SARS-COV-2 in an outdoor sport like soccer is scientifically and statistically proven to be so small it is irrelevant. Yet states like MA use it as a culturally signal to let us all know that (ironically) we trust the science and take Covid seriously.

Comment

Tell me again why I shouldn't be able to go into a store shirtless and/or shoeless? Freedumb!!!

2. requiring a mask at all times in public (indoor and outdoor) communicated the severity of the problem

If you really really don't agree with this I suggest you book the next flight to India.

For soccer it is a giant pain in the butt. It's hard to run and recover when wearing one. It's annoying that it probably isn't actually preventing transmission of covid etc. But as a civilized society we decided, via our elected officials and scientific community, that we should all collectively pitch in and do our part. Not the end of the world.

What really gets my goat is that you have, at least, one or two players on every team that just decided, almost certainly via parental coaching, that the rules shouldn't apply to them and that they should take the advantage of flaunting the rules and leaving the mask down around their chin. I'm sure some will argue "what's the harm? it's a dumb rule anyway"... to which I'll just say that you are a selfish adult and you are raising a selfish youngster and that deep down the rest of your team thinks you are selfish even as they pretend and be civil with you.

Only useful thing a face mask could be used for outside is wiping your ass.

Comment

Only a weak coach would let that happen. Are the other league rules optional?
                This is a fake rule made for morons.

Comment

The biggest problem with players wearing masks is the lack of peripheral vision, forcing them to have to look down at their feet.

Comment

Only useful thing a face mask could be used for outside is wiping your ass.
                    Don't put it on after. Made that mistake once...

Comment

Hockey had cases, but it had nothing to do with the sport, it had to do with the windowless cinder block changing rooms found at all rinks, and it was winter. How many of those hockey cases ended up in hospital or worse? Idk, but i bet if there was one it would most certainly have become a story. Anyone have that article?

Risk of transmissions for SARS-COV-2 in an outdoor sport like soccer is scientifically and statistically proven to be so small it is irrelevant. Yet states like MA use it as a culturally signal to let us all know that (ironically) we trust the science and take Covid seriously.
                      It’s the libs making these decisions.... Football players feeling will get hurt if soccer gets to play, god forbid we look at each sport separately and make the best decision for that activity. One size fits all and everyone gets a trophy mentality drives policy

Comment

It’s the libs making these decisions.... Football players feeling will get hurt if soccer gets to play, god forbid we look at each sport separately and make the best decision for that activity. One size fits all and everyone gets a trophy mentality drives policy
                        none of that actually happened. each sport had their rules and schedules adjusted individually by people trying to apply the science / recommendations at the time.

the sports rules changing and mask wearing was/is a minor inconvenience. its a special kind of selfishness that ignores the greater good for such small concessions.

Comment

none of that actually happened. each sport had their rules and schedules adjusted individually by people trying to apply the science / recommendations at the time.

the sports rules changing and mask wearing was/is a minor inconvenience. its a special kind of selfishness that ignores the greater good for such small concessions.
                          What you fail to recognize in your final sentence is one small, but important point: They make no difference. CDC admits it. A Brown University Dr. recently admitted they've known that all along.

Biden admits it: They are there for comfort, to send a message, but have no impact on transmission. So, people like yourself need to see everyone inconvenienced so you can feel better. How selfish is that?

Comment

What you fail to recognize in your final sentence is one small, but important point: They make no difference. CDC admits it. A Brown University Dr. recently admitted they've known that all along.

Biden admits it: They are there for comfort, to send a message, but have no impact on transmission. So, people like yourself need to see everyone inconvenienced so you can feel better. How selfish is that?
                            Meanwhile you have sheeple like Joyless Reid bragging about wearing TWO masks while jogging. My gawd people, when did you become thoughtless drones to Big Brother?

Comment

Masks gone Friday

do you want to talk stupidity? HS wrestling just finished the season. They were not required to wear masks (could be a choking hazard). However due to covid, not allowed to shake hands after.

Comment

do you want to talk stupidity? HS wrestling just finished the season. They were not required to wear masks (could be a choking hazard). However due to covid, not allowed to shake hands after.
                                Ha!

Face to face? OK

Hand to hand? Not OK

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X