Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tryouts/ID Clinics

Moving to MA in the summer and trying to understand whether it's worth it for us to time a trip out (that we'll be doing anyway) in May when some clubs are doing 2011 ECNL/MLS Next ID Clinics. My son will be U11, and I thought these teams started at U12/U13. So are these clinics for kids who will play up? Or to ID other promising 2011 kids for regular ol teams? Still learning soccer ropes, still a new world to me.

Thanks!

This sounds like bait for clubs to fight but I’ll give you benefit of the doubt.
    In short attend practices of teams your interested in but your child is to young as a 2011 player to be ID for ECNL really. Even 2010 is young.

Comment

So what are they ID'ing for if they're including 2011s? Truly just trying to understand.

Comment

Clubs always want to get kids into the pipeline as soon as possible. There is no need to travel to attend these clinics as a 2011. There are dozens of options for a player of this age and Bolts/NEFC are always happy to add another player to their bloated RDL rosters when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Clubs always want to get kids into the pipeline as soon as possible. There is no need to travel to attend these clinics as a 2011. There are dozens of options for a player of this age and Bolts/NEFC are always happy to add another player to their bloated RDL rosters when the time comes.
          Don’t know about NEFC but Bolts definitely have bloated rosters!!

Comment

Don’t know about NEFC but Bolts definitely have bloated rosters!!
            NEFC seem a bit better, and they have more options for strong players outside the two top teams. Outside of Next and some of the ECNL teams Bolts is town level.

Comment

Do you know which town you’re moving to? You need to consider the commute to practice.

Comment

A trip costing thousands to visit Italy and see a Juventus 1st team game? Great. If your kid is planning on trying to play soccer at the next level, leave this club asap. Bolts and Seacoast are far better on the boys side and NEFC and Stars significantly better on the girls.

Overpriced, poor coaching, crappy league. Seriously, what the hell are you people paying for? It isn't development: their best teams came from other clubs as all they can do is try and poach coaches by paying them exorbitant salaries compared to other quality clubs (like double the pay) and steal players with "free rides" for a year. Then you get wacked with the $3000 bill the following year for a crap league and realize they were sold a bill of goods by coaches who aren't even licensed.

Club is a joke. I'd say it was GPS 2.0, but I think Surf may have taken that title. GPS light? Sounds about right...

Comment

Stay away from Juventus they are sheisters and basically GPS retreads who charge a premium for sub par service, just like GPS. Same coaches, same players. Same BS, only now you get to travel to CT more because they play EDP instead of NEP/NPL. Girls getting lit up in DPL should also be a warning sign given DPL was the 2nd league for the stronger clubs and Juve 1st teams can’t hang there.

Comment

Anyone who knows anything about club soccer in MA and RI knows EDP isn’t a threat to any league, certainly not MLS or ECNL. If you’re not in thise leagues, it’s all marketing trying to prove their league is the next best. At that point, it doesn’t matter what league you’re in. They aren’t getting either MLS or ECNL, so they will always be 2nd or 3rd rate in that regards, just like a bunch of other clubs.

Their coaches and teams are mostly retreads from GPS amd GPS was a crap show. They cost more than the average club in MA, so no price advantage. The owner has pissed off alot of coaches and families with promises he can’t keep. While they have some decent boys teams at the top end, agains mostly the top GPS teams/players, their lower level teams aren’t worth the money and their girls side is a bit of a mess and 3rd rate at best. Example? The girls teams got smashed in DPL and barely get by in local EDP competition. Compare that to Stars and NEFC whose 2nd and 3rd teams perform well, never mind the top teams. I could go on.

Juventus and Surf are basically GPS 2.0, only a matter of time before one or both implode. The rest of us will be eating popcorn watching the fireworks. If you’re kid is happy and you like the coach, have fun, but no one is “threatened” by this club. It’s just another club in the 2nd and 3rd tier of club soccer

Comment

I am looking out for thousands of families and making sure they do not get fooled by Juventus asking for deposits in the coming weeks. I do not want families losing thousands of dollars.

Comment

I am looking out for thousands of families and making sure they do not get fooled by Juventus asking for deposits in the coming weeks. I do not want families losing thousands of dollars.
                        You know you are a competing coach at another club. Such a loser.

Comment

My son plays for Juventus and has for years now. We have been happy with the experience. As he nears college age it really does not matter for us what becomes of the club. I have been following the sage pretty closely and feel I have a good handle on the situation based on discussions with coaches, partners and other parent's players.

I have begun to get a few emails about signing up for next year (which we won't do) but I find it irresponsible for them to continue to target existing and new players when they are in complete disarray.

Again I am not bashing them and we had a great experience with them but I find their approach a bit unethical.

Comment

Stay away from Juventus they are sheisters and basically GPS retreads who charge a premium for sub par service, just like GPS. Same coaches, same players. Same BS, only now you get to travel to CT more because they play EDP instead of NEP/NPL. Girls getting lit up in DPL should also be a warning sign given DPL was the 2nd league for the stronger clubs and Juve 1st teams can’t hang there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X