Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best girls dev. club

Curious which do you consider the best 3 younger girls development clubs in Northern NJ (under the U12 level) ? and why ?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Curious which do you consider the best 3 younger girls development clubs in Northern NJ (under the U12 level) ? and why ?
    It's not the clubs, its about the coaches.

Your mileage may vary at any club depending on the coach who is training your daughter.

Comment

It's not the clubs, its about the coaches.

Your mileage may vary at any club depending on the coach who is training your daughter.
      Definitely agree. Choose a great coach and trainer not a club.

Comment

Definitely agree. Choose a great coach and trainer not a club.
        Coach is way more important then the club.

Comment

The best club to develop your daughter is the club where she has FUN PLAYING the sport. If she isn’t having fun it’s all over and you might as well punch out. Some kids love the high pressure club where every practice is super competitive others don’t. It has to be what the kid ultimately wants not what you the parent wants.

Comment

The best club to develop your daughter is the club where she has FUN PLAYING the sport. If she isn’t having fun it’s all over and you might as well punch out. Some kids love the high pressure club where every practice is super competitive others don’t. It has to be what the kid ultimately wants not what you the parent wants.
            ^ agreed. The best club/coach/team for one kid will be different than what is best for another.

Comment

^ agreed. The best club/coach/team for one kid will be different than what is best for another.
              Yeah.. NO. Having fun is primary but there are some great early trainers and there is a lot of crap out there. So have fun but choose wisely.

If I lived in northern counties , I would do this

8-11. Danny veddar for feet. Let her learn to enjoy herself on the ball. Let her dance dance dance

12-14. Shaun Cryer. He will break those dancing habits and teach your daughter to play a quicker more concise game. ( he’s a screamer in games but know one better in teaching the game.

High school. Mike ONeill. PDA for showcasing and polishing up her game.

There are others but these 3 will serve you well!

Comment

Yeah.. NO. Having fun is primary but there are some great early trainers and there is a lot of crap out there. So have fun but choose wisely.

8-11. Danny veddar for feet. Let her learn to enjoy herself on the ball. Let her dance dance dance

12-14. Shaun Cryer. He will break those dancing habits and teach your daughter to play a quicker more concise game. ( he’s a screamer in games but know one better in teaching the game.

Thanks Danny

Comment

So we have to move to Maryland when my daughter turns 12, and then back to NJ for high school?

**** me, this is more intense than my family originally thought.

Comment

Man talks about fun, then drops Cryer in there. Pure comedy. What makes a great trainer? You know when you said lot of crap out there? Applies to posters as well

Comment

Amazes me that parents pay to have a man verbally abuse their child on a whim.....and justify it by calling it coaching,

Comment

Not PDA

Comment

Not PDA
                          “One mans garbage is another mans treasure”

Those are 3 great trainers. But as you can see, no single trainer works for everyone.

Perhaps someone can list 3 alternatives, that have trained girls all the way to youth and women’s National Teams.

Comment

I won't list my choices because then these coaches will be ripped to shreds unfairly. Best coach is dedicated and honest with you your daughter and themselves as to where your daughter fits in. It isn't necessarily getting your daughter into the highest program. Many do that for the status and have a miserable child for 4 years. Go look at college rosters and look at game stats. It will become clear which coaches prepare their players for college and help them choose the right programs. Certainly the skill training in the earlier years that some offer is a good supplement but good trainers are not necessarily good coaches. It is important to find a coach that teaches the game and pushes your daughter to their full potential.

Comment

What makes training so difficult is that soccer is a team sport with 11 individual players. It’s difficult to display individual talent and continue to improve as a player if all the players are not equally talented and competitive during training and games and that’s the problem with finding a trainer/coach. I agree you want to have a trainer that will lead to the player to either achieve their goals or over achieve. It’s essential from the start to find a program/trainer who will instill the love of soccer and properly teach soccer skills and fundamentals. If it’s about just winning then your at the wrong club. It’s when you get to high school is when these factors matter most. Along with your development on the pitch the best will rise to the top because of their athleticism, speed, quickness and physicality. In high school years training has everything to do with the team your on and that’s where it’s essential to have a trainer that has “been there done that” with over achievers or like minded players. This is not rocket science it’s individual players navigating playing/training with 20 plus players who also have individual goals. A good coach/trainer is someone who has the experience with other players to teach, motivate and push the player to play to the best of their abilities. Think about it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X