Youth soccer a rich white sport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pardon me, but why do some people feel they have a right to participate in that system? How is it like anything else? if there were huge tv contracts and billions of dollars at the end of the pot, the system would reflect that. Cbub soccer is a mostly a pre College crowd. They are where the money is. Is it the same hurdle for Women's Basketball?

Comment

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/forum/...l-decision-day

Less there be any question, just read some of the comments in here. Taking the racist "white" out of it, there are posters saying that if you need to make it into a college program you want, you NEED to drop upwards of a $100k just for private schooling, add in another, what...$30k for all the club soccer with the travel, never mind the commitment it takes for some families who need to work two jobs just to make ends meet which it makes it impossible.

So, congrats to all of us (and, yes, I'm in the category who can afford a lot of this, not all) who can pound our chests that our kids are amongst the best players in the country....who can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        pardon me, but why do some people feel they have a right to participate in that system? How is it like anything else? if there were huge tv contracts and billions of dollars at the end of the pot, the system would reflect that. Cbub soccer is a mostly a pre College crowd. They are where the money is. Is it the same hurdle for Women's Basketball?
        It's not about the "right" but that talented players are often missed or drop out of the pricey pay-to-play system because it's too costly to participate. Even more so for girls because there's no free-to-play pro club system link MLS has.

Comment

It's not about the "right" but that talented players are often missed or drop out of the pricey pay-to-play system because it's too costly to participate. Even more so for girls because there's no free-to-play pro club system link MLS has.
          so what? people have to decide what they can afford in all walks of life. Why should soccer training be any different?

Comment

so what? people have to decide what they can afford in all walks of life. Why should soccer training be any different?
            Everybody wants a handout.

Comment

Says the guy who can afford club soccer. Many cannot and talent is missed. Homogeneity doesn't make for good soccer

Comment

Says the guy who can afford club soccer. Many cannot and talent is missed. Homogeneity doesn't make for good soccer
                I cant afford it, but I dont see why club soccer is the relevant.

Comment

Life is unfair. Those who accept this and work to overcome obstacles are the ones who will succeed.

Comment

Only the rich can California dream! # WE RL THE SHORE

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X