Clear All

Scary white uniforms

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    PDA was built by rich white people
    Research Zarepath’s history. Home of the Klan

Comment

Interesting. Thank you wikipedia for that history lesson.

Comment

Just like that commercial, the Asian baby born is responsible for Pearl Harbor or my teen is responsible for slavery, which our family has no history of taking part in slavery. If this board was toilet paper, I'd wipe my ass with it.

Comment

Just like that commercial, the Asian baby born is responsible for Pearl Harbor or my teen is responsible for slavery, which our family has no history of taking part in slavery. If this board was toilet paper, I'd wipe my ass with it.
          Can you read? The poster just pointed out an historical fact. No one said PDA is associated with the Klan. Zarapth is however and that is a fact.

Comment

Oh bull crap. PDA has done as much or more than as anyone to make youth soccer into a deluxe country club for affluent girls. Seriously...don't even try to sell such nonsense.
            I don't disagree. I wonder how much the following has had to do with the cost of youth soccer rising: Real estate/fields, Insurance, Coaching "certifications", etc. Maybe it's more about costs getting out of control and not clubs over-charging and making big profits?

Comment

I am a proud republican and I must say, you are dumb!

Comment

I don't disagree. I wonder how much the following has had to do with the cost of youth soccer rising: Real estate/fields, Insurance, Coaching "certifications", etc. Maybe it's more about costs getting out of control and not clubs over-charging and making big profits?
                The cost biggest exclusionary costs are in the travel requirements to play in these leagues. this is not a secret or in doubt or anything anyone needs to wonder about. his is well known to anyone involved.

Families have to buy hotels and plane tickets and gas and rental cars, etc. to play in these leagues because that is how they are set up. They are forced to use the over priced travel agency to book hotels. They must deal with not infrequent scheduling changes.

All of that is more than the club fees and has literally zero to do with learning how to play soccer well.

Comment

The cost biggest exclusionary costs are in the travel requirements to play in these leagues. this is not a secret or in doubt or anything anyone needs to wonder about. his is well known to anyone involved.

Families have to buy hotels and plane tickets and gas and rental cars, etc. to play in these leagues because that is how they are set up. They are forced to use the over priced travel agency to book hotels. They must deal with not infrequent scheduling changes.

All of that is more than the club fees and has literally zero to do with learning how to play soccer well.
                  I'll agree with that about ECNL. But GA is relatively new, and before that, there were plenty of strong EDP/NYCSL/etc leagues that did not require extensive travel, yet those leagues were also lacking in economic diversity.

Comment

Serious question. How is AAU basketball inclusionary? From a cost perspective.

Comment

I'll agree with that about ECNL. But GA is relatively new, and before that, there were plenty of strong EDP/NYCSL/etc leagues that did not require extensive travel, yet those leagues were also lacking in economic diversity.
                      GA started as the GDA and it was worse than the ECNL. These high level leagues and the clubs that play in them are a business - a business aimed at customers with lots of discretionary income. You must be new to this because it has been this way for a good long while.

Comment

It varies with levels. At lower AAU levels it would be very comparable to the soccer situation. At the higher levels you have a lot of corporate money covering costs, allowing teams to recruit talent without regard to ability to pay.

AAU is just a different kind of dirty.

Comment

It varies with levels. At lower AAU levels it would be very comparable to the soccer situation. At the higher levels you have a lot of corporate money covering costs, allowing teams to recruit talent without regard to ability to pay.

AAU is just a different kind of dirty.
                          AAU basketball is definitely not the model we want to follow with youth soccer

Comment

Lots of rich white people willing to pay for better black players so they can win.

Comment

GA started as the GDA and it was worse than the ECNL. These high level leagues and the clubs that play in them are a business - a business aimed at customers with lots of discretionary income. You must be new to this because it has been this way for a good long while.
                              It’s a sport designed for people with lots of discretionary income. New leagues like GA where you have to travel 5 hours to a game in VA and 5 hours back (all in one day) are full proof of that absurd scheduling. Lower and middle income folks don’t have the time and income for this let alone flights to California, Arizona, Texas etc. Crazy stuff.

Comment

It’s a sport designed for people with lots of discretionary income. New leagues like GA where you have to travel 5 hours to a game in VA and 5 hours back (all in one day) are full proof of that absurd scheduling. Lower and middle income folks don’t have the time and income for this let alone flights to California, Arizona, Texas etc. Crazy stuff.
                                The sport is not at all designed for affluent people. It requires no specialized equipment or special playing surface..it is not skiing or ice hockey or polo for crying out loud. You just need a ball and a grass field.

The high-end, high-travel product is for rich people, not the sport. It is the literally the sport of the masses most places.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X