• Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds plausible...

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      select merging with scorpions?????????? hahahahahaha
      NEFC merging with Stars?????????????? hahahahahahha

you desperate GA parents make up the weirdest things. So let me get this straight, Scorpions is in ECNL. Select is the sole, new leader of IMPACT NPL which their top teams are heading for and you think Scorpions wants to give up all it's power to LL??? NR and LL can't even be in the same room together. Hmm....weird.

Last year it was NEFC merging with Stars. Stars is in ECNL. NEFC is in DPL which their top teams are quickly heading to and Stars wants to give their even more power over to a club that already choose DA over ECNL. Stars basically runs ECNL. Why do they need a partner?Okie dokie.....???

Stop with the merging baloney.
      Desperate GA parent? Please... you must have a inferiority complex. GA parents and kids are just fine, if they wanted to play ECNL they would, most choose not too. Who wants to be coached by those Stars bullies, wind up mid table, and fight between white/blue. No thanks, keep your badge

Comment

Desperate GA parent? Please... you must have a inferiority complex. GA parents and kids are just fine, if they wanted to play ECNL they would, most choose not too. Who wants to be coached by those Stars bullies, wind up mid table, and fight between white/blue. No thanks, keep your badge
        Huge misconception that GA parents are looking up to ECNL. Nobody, NOBODY, cares what league you are in. I’ve seen “virtual” national team call ups from all clubs, I’ve seen D1 college commits from all clubs. It doesn’t matter, talent gets found.

Comment

Huge misconception that GA parents are looking up to ECNL. Nobody, NOBODY, cares what league you are in. I’ve seen “virtual” national team call ups from all clubs, I’ve seen D1 college commits from all clubs. It doesn’t matter, talent gets found.
          Then why every late April as tryouts come there are always posts that ECNL clubs are merging with select and nefc every single year like clockwork.

Let me ask you an honest question: do you think GAL is actually going to make it long term? My daughters are long gone from club soccer but a few years ago I spent awhile on ts and I agree with you GA is a fine league but the issue becomes what happens if it does fold? There is nowhere for nefc and select's top teams to play top competition. If my daughter was playing GA I'd be more than a little scared that one day GA might be gone.

Comment

Then why every late April as tryouts come there are always posts that ECNL clubs are merging with select and nefc every single year like clockwork.

Let me ask you an honest question: do you think GAL is actually going to make it long term? My daughters are long gone from club soccer but a few years ago I spent awhile on ts and I agree with you GA is a fine league but the issue becomes what happens if it does fold? There is nowhere for nefc and select's top teams to play top competition. If my daughter was playing GA I'd be more than a little scared that one day GA might be gone.
            GA may not be the immediate parallel to DA but it will ultimately be fine. There's still 70+ clubs each with 6 GA teams, then the youth teams and 2nd teams as well. These are still some pretty big clubs.

Comment

So, your perception about what is going in the soccer marketplace is based on the # of posts on Talking-Soccer. Really? You understand who owns the site and why most of the posts are generated in the way they are, correct?

For some people, being called "simple" would be an upgrade...

Comment

So, your perception about what is going in the soccer marketplace is based on the # of posts on Talking-Soccer. Really? You understand who owns the site and why most of the posts are generated in the way they are, correct?

Why wouldn't nefc and select just merger? That makes the most sense.

Comment

Why wouldn't nefc and select just merger? That makes the most sense.
                  Why should they?

Comment

Who owns TS?

Comment

Who owns TS?
                      The domain is registered to a Stars coach.

Comment

I cant speak to the merger rumors, rumors of players leaving teams, rumors of coaches changing clubs, etc... This time of year brings out all the trash talking

I do think GA will make it long term, but I also don’t think it will ever have the depth of ECNL. The top of the league is fine, however its going to be incumbent on the middle to get better. There was lots of good soccer at the showcase, and some really lousy games too. It speaks to the drastic difference between top and middle level teams and clubs. I think GA needs to differentiate itself somehow (get away from birth year maybe) if they were to ever make up any ground.

ECNL could put an end to it overnight if they took the top 10-15 clubs but they seem comfortable where they are. Maybe they think they have enough market share? BTW, those top clubs would jump if they had the chance....see NEFC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X