Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Think about the consumers of this chat room.

The only people who care about a teen girl are her parents.

The pro thorns team that pays players below-living-wages is about as interesting as the 30 year old mens softball team that has nice uniforms, wins tournaments, and drinks pitchers of Miller Lite at the tavern after big games. Lots of bro back slapping and woofing and polyester pants with stirrups.

Meh. Nobody cares.

It is very sad that any kid gives up college for a mediocre pro experience. Sad.
    I sure hope it is not the dad on here posting. That would be really sad.

Comment

I sure hope it is not the dad on here posting. That would be really sad.
      Dad (if you mean OM's dad) is laughing all the way to the bank.

His DD has already gotten paid more for sports than any of yours ever will. And she ain't old enough to drive yet.

Ankle-biting, leg-humping chihuahuas, the lot of you. Keep writing those big checks, and maybe work on your Twitter skills.

Comment

Think about the consumers of this chat room.

The only people who care about a teen girl are her parents.

The pro thorns team that pays players below-living-wages is about as interesting as the 30 year old mens softball team that has nice uniforms, wins tournaments, and drinks pitchers of Miller Lite at the tavern after big games. Lots of bro back slapping and woofing and polyester pants with stirrups.

Meh. Nobody cares.

It is very sad that any kid gives up college for a mediocre pro experience. Sad.
        come on. club men's softball is serious and a lot of fun. the beer drinking is only a small part of it.

no way anyone's dad is on here. that would be pathetic.

trading your childhood and college experience for money would be so incredibly sad.

Comment

come on. club men's softball is serious and a lot of fun. the beer drinking is only a small part of it.

trading your childhood and college experience for money would be so incredibly sad.
          I wouldn't trade my college experience for anything. Four years of fun, followed by three years of law school.

I am in a position to make a lot of money right now but wouldn't trade any of it for my college years.

Comment

No comment.

Comment

I would totally trade my daughters childhood for cash. Wouldn't think twice about it. You rich guys and your judgmental words can stick it.

Comment

Dad (if you mean OM's dad) is laughing all the way to the bank.

His DD has already gotten paid more for sports than any of yours ever will. And she ain't old enough to drive yet.

Ankle-biting, leg-humping chihuahuas, the lot of you. Keep writing those big checks, and maybe work on your Twitter skills.
                I would bet any amount of money that what Nike gave OM is peanuts. Supposedly a “6 figure deal” over multiple years. With manager and agent fees, etc.. it’s probably less than her college scholarship would’ve paid.

She could do better by posting juggling videos on social media and capitalizing on the fame right now. She would get way more money from low-mid tier sports companies trying to make a name. They f-d up by selling out to Nike.

Comment

I would bet any amount of money that what Nike gave OM is peanuts. Supposedly a “6 figure deal” over multiple years. With manager and agent fees, etc.. it’s probably less than her college scholarship would’ve paid.

She could do better by posting juggling videos on social media and capitalizing on the fame right now. She would get way more money from low-mid tier sports companies trying to make a name. They f-d up by selling out to Nike.
                  Well, whatever deal she got, she gave up a free ride to UNC to get it.

Hope it was worth it, as she can no longer play amateur soccer (youth or college), can't go to Europe until she's 18 due to FIFA rules on minors playing abroad, and can't play in NWSL until she turns 18 either.

Still, from a financial standpoint she's probably better off than pretty much anyone who plays travel club soccer looking to score a D1 gig.

And if she's living her dream, what's it to any of you?

Comment

I would totally trade my daughters childhood for cash. Wouldn't think twice about it. You rich guys and your judgmental words can stick it.
                    Damn straight. Thorns pay scale is probably 20$ an hour plus free tshirts and swag from sponsors like widmer and dutch bros. Mama likes her Dutch FREEZE and daddy likes his hefe's.

College is overrated. I want my kid to bring home a slice of that 20$ dollars per hour. That is what I am talking about.

Childhood is overrated. She can bring home enough for a jet ski for her old man and that would be sweet. I will let her ride it when I get tired.

Comment

The dad was on here a while back. Don't overestimate parents.

Comment

Definitely all about cashing in on media money and fame. Has been since day one. Plenty of other under 18 players could play on NWSL and more young players are passing her up every day. The NWSL shouldn’t be required to help her crazy parents cash in on making her a media star. How about Nike go out and find a true diamond in the rough who didn’t have every advantage and develop them?
                        Just ask the California parents who used to play with and against her. They know and they tell the story above. Sad. Poor kid is a media pawn.

Comment

Damn straight. Thorns pay scale is probably 20$ an hour plus free tshirts and swag from sponsors like widmer and dutch bros. Mama likes her Dutch FREEZE and daddy likes his hefe's.

College is overrated. I want my kid to bring home a slice of that 20$ dollars per hour. That is what I am talking about.

Childhood is overrated. She can bring home enough for a jet ski for her old man and that would be sweet. I will let her ride it when I get tired.
                          I didn’t realize there was swag from sponsors. That’s it. My kid is going pro. She’s only 10 but can’t juggle 40 times. Where do we sign up for her to go pro? How do we access the free swag from widmer?

Comment

She got 200K initially from Nike but they really haven't used her since. Nice coin for a 14 year old. No doubt Nike and the parents would love to capitalize on her going pro at a young age, but how long can that "news" last, especially if she doesn't pan out?

Comment

Well, whatever deal she got, she gave up a free ride to UNC to get it.

Hope it was worth it, as she can no longer play amateur soccer (youth or college), can't go to Europe until she's 18 due to FIFA rules on minors playing abroad, and can't play in NWSL until she turns 18 either.

Still, from a financial standpoint she's probably better off than pretty much anyone who plays travel club soccer looking to score a D1 gig.

And if she's living her dream, what's it to any of you?
                              Is it her dream? Or her parents'?

Comment

Twenty bucks an hour?? That’s serious coin my friends. The swag from the sponsors is just a cherrie on top.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X