Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is ECNL going promotion/relegation soon?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is ECNL going promotion/relegation soon?

I read in another thread that this might happen. Any truth to this?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How exactly would that work? Assuming it would be between ECNL and regional ECNL, but it seems like it would have to be by birth year. Which I guess would be cool, but makes the value proposition muddy for clubs since they could have various teams doubled up at various levels.

Comment

For what possible reason would they do that? It makes no sense.

Comment

For what possible reason would they do that? It makes no sense.
        Ummm....to demote underperformers and promote those doing well in the B league. Makes the A league stronger.

Comment

Ummm....to demote underperformers and promote those doing well in the B league. Makes the A league stronger.
          I heard the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL were going to do the same thing. They said the heck with the money and market domination, knowing they needed to help these other smaller teams for the good of the game.

Comment

Where do the promoted teams come from? And where do demoted teams go?

Comment

Where do the promoted teams come from? And where do demoted teams go?
              ECLR. Several clubs that joined ECLR last year got promoted into ECNL for next season. But some ECNL clubs are very weak and need to be moved down. Clubs should be on notice that they're being monitored so they don't take being in the top group for granted.

Comment

ECLR. Several clubs that joined ECLR last year got promoted into ECNL for next season. But some ECNL clubs are very weak and need to be moved down. Clubs should be on notice that they're being monitored so they don't take being in the top group for granted.
                So then they would move the entire club down to ECNLR? Not on a team by team basis?

Comment

FSA already has both....

Comment

Dream on. Follow the money. League is a biz not a vehicle to make the league stronger.

Comment

I see promotion/reg guy is back

Comment

So then they would move the entire club down to ECNLR? Not on a team by team basis?
                        If it happened - there's many IFs and I don't see this happening for at least another year - it would need to be team based, most likely with some kind of warning period (a year?) before getting moved. But there is a way to do club moves as well - say if 65%+ of teams are under/over performing they get a review to see if a move for the whole club is warranted up or down.

Comment

If it happened - there's many IFs and I don't see this happening for at least another year - it would need to be team based, most likely with some kind of warning period (a year?) before getting moved. But there is a way to do club moves as well - say if 65%+ of teams are under/over performing they get a review to see if a move for the whole club is warranted up or down.
                          The way game scheduling works, it could never be done on a team by team basis. ECNL clubs have all of their teams from each age group traveling to the same opponent on the same day for league games. Coaches coach multiple age groups. It would have to be the entire club getting demoted.

Also—ECNL uses showcases and nationals particularly to create a very obvious pecking order in the league. That’s why you’ll never see FSA playing clubs like PDA Blue or Solar in showcases. Moving forward, it sounds like the bottom ECNL teams will be grouped with top ECNLR teams in the bottom brackets of nationals.

Comment

Will it be entire clubs or just teams getting relegated ?

Comment

Will it be entire clubs or just teams getting relegated ?
                              try reading a few posts first - no one knows for sure, just like no one knows for sure if it will even happen.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X