Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So the ECNL team that won zero games is elite? Elite at what? Losing?
    Elite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I thought TBU had open enrollment?

When can I go sign up for ECNL?
      When you can juggle more than once

Comment

When you can juggle more than once
        It obvious by their record, juggling is not needed. Just a checkbook and you are in.

Comment

Any word on coaches list?

Comment

I thought they were going to WFF for higher leagues than what Florida Premier offers.
            They are, many more than FP is even aware of.

Comment

Does TBU mom ever get offended or just TBU dad?

Comment

They are, many more than FP is even aware of.
                Collier is going to be quiet May 3rd

Comment

What are the fees to play? Not for tryouts, but for the season?
                  What does it cost to play in the various divisions?

Comment

Don’t forget - you’ll have a quota of golf balls to sell

Comment

Good news is at TBU you only play if you win. Should be free to play.

Comment

Who will be coaching in my daughters age group? I don’t see anything posted. We want a change from CC and TBU is our first choice followed by Florida Premier. The only thing I’m not sure if we will tryout yet with you guys as we don’t know who will be coaching.

Comment

Who will be coaching in my daughters age group? I don’t see anything posted. We want a change from CC and TBU is our first choice followed by Florida Premier. The only thing I’m not sure if we will tryout yet with you guys as we don’t know who will be coaching.
                          We are probably some of those over the top parents in youth soccer and have had kids in it for a decade in the Tampa area but I've never understood why some families are so preoccupied with knowing who the coach is going to be? Or to say it another way, what normal parent knows the coaches at the various clubs so well (across several clubs and several age groups) that they will recognize any given coaches name as "good or bad". Especially when changing clubs. I can't even pronounce the names of most of these coaches let-alone recognize who they are and if they are "good or bad". On top of that, who are you really going to trust to get advice about which coaches are "good or bad"?

Comment

We are probably some of those over the top parents in youth soccer and have had kids in it for a decade in the Tampa area but I've never understood why some families are so preoccupied with knowing who the coach is going to be? Or to say it another way, what normal parent knows the coaches at the various clubs so well (across several clubs and several age groups) that they will recognize any given coaches name as "good or bad". Especially when changing clubs. I can't even pronounce the names of most of these coaches let-alone recognize who they are and if they are "good or bad". On top of that, who are you really going to trust to get advice about which coaches are "good or bad"?
                            It's not the parents that are anxious to see the Coaches List. It's the coaches and DOCs at other clubs that are anxious to see the Coaches List - they want to be able to criticize the coaches across town to the parents.

Comment

Do your research on coaches

Coaches are the main reason your kids should go to a team or stay away from a team. A good coach will inspire your child to levels they don't even think they can perform at and a bad coach will have your child wanting to leave the sport. Most coaches are somewhere in the middle. A good coach for one kid can be a bad coach for another. It is important to know who is coaching your child for the next 10 months and who you are paying. The earlier you can find out the better. Go watch games, watch how he/she coaches his teams, does your child respond well to a coach that coaches like he/she does.

Unfortunately, you do not have many opportunities or any to see a coach actually practice and tryouts often are only an evaluation of players, with little coaching or evaluation of how a coach conducts a practice. So, the next best thing is to ask friends and players on those teams what their thoughts are and why they are leaving or staying. There are many reasons to leave a team, but one of the best reasons to join a team is because they have a good coach for your child. To say that parents do not or will not google and find out who they are going to have their child trained for 3-4 hours a week for 10 months and pay thousands is a naive statement. That is TS, a lot of hot air and little substance.

Comment

Coaches are the main reason your kids should go to a team or stay away from a team. A good coach will inspire your child to levels they don't even think they can perform at and a bad coach will have your child wanting to leave the sport. Most coaches are somewhere in the middle. A good coach for one kid can be a bad coach for another. It is important to know who is coaching your child for the next 10 months and who you are paying. The earlier you can find out the better. Go watch games, watch how he/she coaches his teams, does your child respond well to a coach that coaches like he/she does.

Unfortunately, you do not have many opportunities or any to see a coach actually practice and tryouts often are only an evaluation of players, with little coaching or evaluation of how a coach conducts a practice. So, the next best thing is to ask friends and players on those teams what their thoughts are and why they are leaving or staying. There are many reasons to leave a team, but one of the best reasons to join a team is because they have a good coach for your child. To say that parents do not or will not google and find out who they are going to have their child trained for 3-4 hours a week for 10 months and pay thousands is a naive statement. That is TS, a lot of hot air and little substance.
                                Two long and winding paragraphs and you didn’t address the posters main point, speaking of hot air and little substance.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X